When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

IWC TG Ceramic

lanikai

For those of you who don't view the "History Channel" .. the Top Gun fighter Weapons School was founded during the Vietnam Era .... with the advent of long range weapons the Powers that be thought that classic "dog fighting" was obsolete ,.. ergo we were getting our arse kicked after the Korean War when the kill ratio was something like 10-1 in favour of the good ole US of A ..

anyway, here are some fast Macro's of the IWC Top Gun Ceramic timepiece ... very short and sweet, I was getting too frustrated at the dust on the dial, you cannot see it with the naked eye, but with the macro lens it sticks out 100 times more .. sorry ... the dial needs radico .. but here are the pics.

iwcceramic024.jpg

iwcceramic003.jpg

iwcceramic004.jpg

iwcceramic008.jpg

iwcceramic013.jpg

iwcceramic014.jpg

iwcceramic020.jpg

iwcceramic023.jpg

iwcceramic006.jpg

Summary~

The ceramic case is definately first rate.. as is the dial finish the lume will improve out of the box .. I'll give it a few day's before I take some lume shots .. remembering it is a "rep lume"

the crown and pushers are Titanium and has a nickel finished look .. darker than polished ss. nice...

the strap is really not bad for a rep. watchboys has the better quality strap (fyi) .. and the buckle is Ti. and appears to be bead blasted

the excess dust on the dial is IMO the "luck of the draw" not a big deal.. as with the naked eye it is invisible.. but I will clean it none the less.

so far the movement has been running good.. we'll see if it needs regulating ..

thanks for viewing

Aloha~Cheers

Lani

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Beautiful pics and watch Lani! One of the watches I have waiting to see and your pics does not disappoint, as usual! couple of questions. How is the Top Gun logo at the side. Is it engraved or stickers?

the logo on the caseback. Is is under a clear plastic like the Cousteau Diver 06 or just printed on?

Really Nice though!

Beautiful pics and watch Lani! One of the watches I have waiting to see and your pics does not disappoint, as usual! couple of questions. How is the Top Gun logo at the side. Is it engraved or stickers?

the logo on the caseback. Is is under a clear plastic like the Cousteau Diver 06 or just printed on?

Really Nice though!

Thank you !

the Top Gun logo is laser etched it is very well done.. the case back is as you say.. like the CD the emblem is under clear plastic.

iwcceramic019.jpg

Thank you !

the Top Gun logo is laser etched it is very well done.. the case back is as you say.. like the CD the emblem is under clear plastic.

iwcceramic019.jpg

Thanks for that Lani! Wow, really a super-rep! The more I look at your pics and pics of the gen, the better it looks! The ceramic looks really well-made and all the little details seem to have been repped properly.

the dial looks good too! Another one for the near future!

Great pics thanks L.

One thing i notice on this watch, it seems to have a big gap between the strap and watch.

Cheers

good eagle eye Dani.. this is the genuine close up.. it appears it has to do more with the strap... the width of the end stiching rather than position of the lugs.. dunno

Edit add:.. to clarify .. it is more with the pin position on the strap not the case.

100m.jpg

good eagle eye Dani.. this is the genuine close up.. it appears it has to do more with the strap... the width of the end stiching rather than position of the lugs.. dunno

Edit add:.. to clarify .. it is more with the pin position on the strap not the case.

100m.jpg

Ok thanks Lani.

Ill get this and a gen strap.

Cheers

Damn...This is gonna be hard to resist...Thanks a lot Lani! ;)

Yup, .. and Dani brings up the major "tell", that is noticable at a glance.... that could be fixed with a genuine strap. that's the only solution as the rep strap and probably all after market kevlar straps have in common.. the pin position on the after market straps are too close to the end of the strap.. the genuine strap looks thicker at the end before the pin hole.. B)

IMO.. the only issue holding this replication back would be of course the STRAP.. as the balance of the case set feels great .. the HBB maker did a wonderful job with replicating the full ceramic case.. but imagine what would happen to the overall FEEL.. with the genuine strap.. there is no way around it really.. -_-

Dear Bro Lani:

One again; you faster than me....:( My Swiss7750 TopGun will come next week from Puretime Angus. Hope everything smooth & trouble free.

I had waited this super rep almost 1 year! Can't wait to see how good it's!

Nice Choice! Nice Watch! Cheers!

Best Regards,

Raymond