When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Patek - The Greatest Brand! The Greatest Reps!

addingwatch

OK, I came back to see if there was a response and realized that I have more questions. What can I say, I have a curious nature. The OP stated that the movement is a rep of a PP 27-70 constructed from a V23. My questions are:

1. How many of these movements are sourced by this maker. The OP states he has three of them. Are they all identical?

2. Does the movement also include a working calendar complications module?

3. Attached is an image of a V23. I draw your attention to the column wheel start/stop/reset lever system partially highlighted in yellow. Are you saying that the maker reconstructed and built the lever system to make the V23 look exactly like the 2310? You realize that would mean fabrication and reconstruction beyong just decoration? Also, are you saying that the maker actually built two new bridges at the red "x" points as well, since the V23 doesn't have them as stock? Also, the "U" wheel bridge would have to be re-made as well. And of course the cap for the column wheel. Seems like a tall order so if you don't know the answer off hand, maybe you could ask your source and relay that info to us?

4. If you don't mind me asking, how much do these reps cost and again, where can we source them?

V23:

V23.png

2310 (PP 27-70):

pp2770.jpg

Thanks in advance for clarifying these items - although it makes no sense to me that or how any amateur watchmaker could accomplish such a feat and not be doing it with so many movements so as to constitute a manufacture. You would think we would be seeing a lot of these movements if this were all true.

OKE, I think the OP has had long enough to come clean. Yeah, it's a rep, sorta. IT'S A 12 GRAND REP!!!!!!

Have a look HERE to save you loging in the prices on the three shown are 15.5k , 12.5k and 9.5k. From memory the MVT in the one he shows is six grand on it's own. I dispute the OPs statment due to the fact this guy does Rolex and BP as well. Take a look at his Daytonas. They start at about five grand and $1650 for case only.

This one is $6500

l_dscn0180.jpg

This is the guy that Rolex and PP love to hate. His work is as flawless as you expect at the price point There is at least one person here seriously considering one of the 'tonas after I pointed him at this site a while back.

Thanks to JohnG for finding it in the first instance.

Col.

I hate it when someone stirs the pot, everyone asks where it came from and the answer doesn't come out fast enough:

http://jewelryandwatch.com/index1.html

There, it's a $15,500 replica. They also have Rolex reps with supposedly gen movements and parts.

lol trailboss, seconds appart...

Edited by guanaco

Thank you RobbieG for your informative and intelligent questions.

Also, I apologize if I have offended anyone. As I stated before, I have many PAMs (real & rep) and love them. I started the title with the "Best Rep" concept as a tongue & cheek comment. We all have our own favorite "Best Rep". My point was more that on custom projects that everyone on the board seems to only focus on PAM watches now. Even Rolex efforts seem to have died out. I am a fan of vintage Pateks, VCs & Rolex watches and I thought that the member might be interested in seeing my efforts over the years. My watches have been around for awhile and can be found described on the older TRC board. I had not expected to offend and had hope to get responses like "cool watch" or "here is a picture of mine - and it is cooler".

The watch shown in the picture is a 1953 18K Rose Gold Patek 2499 and took over a year to build and get right. It took a long time to find parts and assemble the watch. The movement is complete and all of the functions work correctly. It is accurate to about 1 minute a day. It is the largest (38mm) of the old Pateks and with the plastic crystal wears big enough for modern times. I have also have a 1952 18K RG Patek 1463 Chronograph (which I like better than this 2499) & a 1948 SS Patek 530 chronograph.

In the 70s, Patek (and all of Switzerland) sold its old manufacturing equipment. Most went to Russia & some made it to Vietnam. The movement shown was rebuilt (by a master) with parts from Vietnam. I have been a collector for a long time and used to have multiple sources for the parts, but now the only person that I know who can get them is Phong.

As RobbieG stated - this is not the work of an amateur. I source & hunt and have the expert put it together.

By the way - The Zigmeister's most recent 202a post is also mine. The PVD coating is from the original plant that did the original Panerai work. You have to get the color right. :-)

Regards.

It is a beautiful watch Addingwatch and I don't think anyone would dispute the power and respect for the Patek brand. I am a huge Patek fan as well.

It was the following from your OP that got the dander up me thinks....

Also, the best quality reps in the world are Patek. The movements are better. The dials are better. Real 18K gold cases.

Take a look below. It is a rep. Comments from any PAM people?

BTW, your 202A came out great ;)

Hey guys, long time on looker and rep owner finally making a post. Sorry for my ignorance but these watches really intrigued me and I have a few questions. How close are these things actually to the real deal, specifically the Daytonas? What flaws actually exist? If I were to buy one and take it to an expert (I wouldn't ever pass it off as genuine, I'm just curious) would he be able to tell that it isn't real for instance? I also assume that Rolex would know it isn't completely genuine, but based on what? Sorry if my questions were annoying but I'm pretty interested. Thanks!

• 3 months later...

replica is supposed to be affordable ......for us regular people. :rolleyes: Yes ... i suppose you could "replicate" picasso for mucho $$$$ but whats the point? its still a reproduction. But i do understand where you are coming from. If my funds were not limited i would not care to spend $$$$ on such great project.

Congrats!!! You lucky bastard i suppose.

Take a look below. It is a rep. Comments from any PAM people?

Regards.

post-446-1236627868_thumb.jpgpost-446-1236627907_thumb.jpg

• 11 months later...

I'm not so concerned with the movement issue with VC and PP, etc. watches, except to the degree they impact subdial spacing. I care about the finishing of the case and dial much more, and I don't think it's beyond the reach of the rep makers to come up with passable reps. I'm certainly not taking a watch off my watch to let anybody inspect the movement through a display caseback!

• 1 month later...

Phong's PP has been my all time favrourite rep.

I have always wanted to get that, but the other "smarter" side of me always pulled me to gen purchase.

If i were to spend that money, I would get a vintage Rolex 18k Sub .

flex