When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Help..is this 1680 dial gen

yachtmaster

Hour marker dots look a little bit big to me. Dial feet are correct, but back isn't signed- mine says Beyeler- c.1978. Dial print looks OK.

Here's another dial which looks similar:

http://cgi.ebay.com/Rolex-Mens-Vintage-Sub...1QQcmdZViewItem

What about the seller????? and price???? A good white 1680 dial would run $400 and up from a reputable seller

yes i agree.. redial at best. Not too bad though. I dont like the top of the "L" in rolex being centered under the cornet. Looks wrong to me. I have a gen 1680 white dial in my franken 1680 and the L isnt centered. its close to center but not dead on light yours. Mine is slightly off to the left.

Ditto, markers are a hair oversized, and the L could be moved left half a mm. Font could be a bit crisper, but if you are going vintage it is ok. Other than that, it is not bad. I have seen those type of redials of that quality go for $65-$140 in the past.

-Ronin

I think the sharpness rule fell by the wayside when NDtrading & Jewelryandwatch & other aftermarket dial resellers began producing higher quality printing

Image13.jpg

(NDtrading dial - 100% aftermarket - printing was very crisp unlike typical rep dials)

Now you really do need to pay attention to the tiny details (distance between index markers & lume dots, squareness of rectangle markers, correct coronet shape per dial version, texture of dial face, etc).