When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

My first attempt to post photos on TZ

By-Tor

Well I posted some gen pics to the gen forums for the first time in years. I'm not planning to go there permanently... I created a TZ account to share a few of my gen pics there (for the kicks because someone invited me to... in the Rolex section as well). I know many people from the gen watch "circles".

Well it only took a day before some totally classless person commented in this thread:

http://forums.timezone.com/index.php?t=msg...966#msg_4332686

Dumb question, but is this picture borrowed (or your own) from a site that deals in watches from 'alternative sources?'

I think I've seen it before, just checking. I think some of the membership crosses over between the sites.

Best,

Yeah it's my own photo and I used another nickname "over there". It's not ANYONE'S business here if I want to post pictures of my gens to the gen forums. I don't understand what was the reason to crap onto that harmless eyecandy thread. I have seen fellow RWG guys posting in the gen forums many times, and the last thing I'd do is to refer to their other forum persona in the counterfeit sites that deal with criminal activity.

Not that I really care as I don't care for the gen forums that much... not planning to go there. But still, that was definitely my last post on the TZ.

I hope you got some satisfaction from that completely useless comment (whoever you are). Some people simply have no class.

Regards

BT

Well said, By-Tor. The problem with people like that is that they attempt to prove their knowledge by airing inappropriate comments in the public forum with NO forethought to the consequences.

Well... fortunately there really are no "consequences" as I don't really care for TZ. It's a boring place. Not a big loss really.

Just a major annoyance... and a small disappointment. I thought we had discussed this before.

What bugs me in this is that I know some very famous watch people from the gen watch circles who are RWG members. I know their identities at "both sides of the fence". I would never "out" them in the middle of their gen forum community and friends. I would never even "out" them to anyone privately. What happens in the gen forums, happens in the gen forums... and vice versa. None of my business and they're just watches after all.

@ThinkBachs: Oh yeah... that rep Aquaracer Google rating is hilarious... and also scary at the same time.

Well from my browsing of TZ it mainly seems to be full of brand snobs that keep slagging off anyone for not blowing all their earnings buying gen parts and servicing. They also don't seem to be very informed that they will not even open the watches or learn to do anything themselves as it voids the waranty. At least on the rep forums we are learning about the watches and even learning basic watchsmith techniques.

Hmm...I could someone not considering you use different nick names on TZ and RWG and thinking someone stole your picture, but to post that in a public forum instead of alerting you through PM on RWG?!?!

I don't get that.

My rep pics have been stolen a lot... they're all over Ioffer. Imagine that... someone stealing pics of the counterfeit watches. It's so pathetic, twisted and funny... I have said many times that I don't care. Life is too short.

Nothing would be more pathetic than start complaing about someone counterfeiting pics of your counterfeit watch.

But this time no one was even selling anything. It was just a beginning of a small, harmless eycandy thread. What should I use as my nick in the gen forums: "By-Tor from Illegal Replica Watch Group" so that people won't get "confused"? Please. :D

Hmm, I suppose this is quite bad, although this may not have been done as maliciously as you thought it may have been intended..

The tone of the msg doesn't come across as someone that wanted to out you because of your membership to this forum, more that it was a less than tactful individual that wanted to identify your alias' across the boards.

I'm not too suprised about the lack of tact from some of the membership, the same membership that sometimes sends packages back with a custom declaration marked "REPLICA ROLEX WATCH"..

I wouldnt take it to heart..

just my 2pence

Look at the reply from another member calling that fool out as well. Good to know that stupidity doesn't run amock on that forum.

:bangin:

That was me, actually.

In fact cluelessness does run rampant on those forums. I especially like cracking a pint or 3 and wading through the "Rolex vs. Omega" or the "Breitling vs. Omega" threads.

Actually this is a bit sad, a guy like BT should be free to post anywhere he wants (gen and rep) as his pic's and reviews benefit all, yet he is unfortunately branded by his involvement here and there will always be someone who either deliberately or through thoughtlessness out's him on gen boards.

Ken

Hmm, I suppose this is quite bad, although this may not have been done as maliciously as you thought it may have been intended..

Oh, I didn't think it as "malicious" at all. Just extremely stupid and classless.

And like I said, I don't really give two sh*ts. But someone else might.

But I think this topic could be worth discussing... it's kinda another of those rep vs. gen forums "etiquette" things, isn't it?

But this time no one was even selling anything. It was just a beginning of a small, harmless eycandy thread. What should I use as my nick in the gen forums: "By-Tor from Illegal Replica Watch Group" so that people won't get "confused"? Please. :D

Don't get me wrong, I'm not saying you should. I totally agree with you and completely understand your annoyance.

What we see demonstrated here is the amazing reserve of patience and class demonstrated by B-T as opposed to the glaring lack of same demonstrated by moi. :whistling:

While B-T is still a member in good standing at TZ, when I ran into the same loutish behavior at the Doxa forum I earned a ban for it.

Face it, the GIDT lies in wait wherever one-upsmanship might earn you a better ranking.

Face it, the GIDT lies in wait wherever one-upsmanship might earn you a better ranking.

:D

What was the Doxa thing again? I remember that thread but when it was aired I was too busy to read it. Do you have the link?

I just don't see it as you being 'outed' so much. I suppose your focus was that this may be an illegal activity rather than embaressement of rep involvement, and thats fair enough.

As a side note; I'm glad this will dissuade you from posting anywhere else. How dare you deprive us of your posts?! You know how much we love them! I hope you have learned your LESSON! ;)

I just don't see it as you being 'outed' so much. I suppose your focus was that this may be an illegal activity rather than embaressement of rep involvement, and thats fair enough.

As a side note; I'm glad this will dissuade you from posting anywhere else. How dare you deprive us of your posts?! You know how much we love them! I hope you have learned your LESSON! ;)

+1 :D

@ammandel: It wasn't about me, really. As I said: I don't care as I don't frequent those forums... and I'm not really planning to. Sometimes it's just fun to chat with the gen guys and share some photos though... I don't see anything wrong with that. Many of them are here with their different nicknames + different "moral standards" too. I don't change my moral standards... to me watch is just a watch. Swiss or Chinese, doesn't make any difference. But I understand that some people don't see it that way.

The behavior of this guy (who commented my photo) is just something that pisses me off (generally). One day this same guy might "out" someone who has a long gen forum history, maybe even long sales history... and completely embarrasses him in front of his friends. References to counterfeit forums won't shine anyone's armor as a trader and will immediately raise questions. What if I want to sell my gen on TZ one day and someone (who performs a simple forum search) finds out that I'm involved with reps?

General watch people don't see places like RWG as we do. They don't know about the knowledge, friendships and the devotion to all kinds of watches... gens and reps. They only know they're "fakes" and "illegal".

Why did this guy do it? Because he wants to be a little forum smartass who "knows" things? Like I said... no big deal and I'm sure he meant no harm... but it was still a classless move.

I so want to reply to this person, but I figure it would draw more attention to the post, you and this/other boards...

Yeah good thinking, better to leave it at that. It was a mistake to post anything over there in the first place. I have an account in another (small) gen forum too... let's see how long it lasts before this same thing happens again.

Thanks.

Well explained BT, I make the mistake of expecting all WIS to appreciate all timepieces for what they are. I suppose thats why I stay off gen forums myself and would even if I had a full collection of gens.

I suppose its also touches again on the fact that I wear the watches I have in my collection because I like watches and because they mean something to me, rather than trying to impress other people. Normal folk aren't gonna notice a watch anyway, right?

One day this same guy might "out" someone who has a long gen forum history, maybe even long sales history... and completely embarrasses him in front of his friends. References to counterfeit forums won't shine anyone's armor as a trader and will immediately raise questions. What if I want to sell my gen on TZ one day and someone (who performs a simple forum search) finds out that I'm involved with reps?

fwiw, i think you really captured the heart of the matter nicely in this paragraph :victory:

deltatahoe