When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

My Dream ~

lanikai

Ever since I can remember.. my Ultimate Dream has been to someday move to the Big Island of Hawaii..

but to be more precise... not just anywhere on the Big Island ..

Kamuela ... my dream :wub:

28424747.jpg

No buildings .. rolling hills .. Mauna Kea as a back drop... Ranch Land.. miles and miles of "Old Hawaii"

for me it has been a fantasy .. but maybe not so much just a fantasy anymore..

It is Hawaiian Paniolo's (cowboy's) .. cattle land... miles and miles of open space.. and the most beautiful "no buildings" that can be had..... Country !! Hawaiian country !!!

47238949.jpg

My Sister Inlaw works with large farm animals .. I could not raise cattle .. they would all become part of the family... :lol:

I have been working for years at my business .. not a single day off for over 5 years.. and it may finally pay off. ^_^

this is our "Pueo" the Hawaiian Owl.. this creature is a very good omen .. and for the last year .. more often than not it has appeared flying next to my vehicle at about 1:30 am every morining whilst I'm driving next to the kailua Marsh lands .. it has an incredible wing span..for me it is a good sign. This one is in Kamuela..

47394756.jpg

Today was some exciting news.. for me.. and I do not believe in coincedence..

but weather this happens or not .... it will be fate and if it's meant to be it will be.... but I am hoping... :)

56599603.jpg

I've ridden my Harley through miles of Ranch land ... ahhhh if only..

78582488.jpg

Lani, I know the pueo is a very powerful symbol in your culture, from what my hawaiian uke teacher has told us.

Go for it - life is short, live well, but simply, unemcumbered by expensive possesions (except for watches, you can't have too many, lol).

The older I get the more I realize that happiness is achieved through new life experiences, not jumbo mortgages, 3 car households or impulsive luxury buys.

Only slightly different than my own dream... Don Sheldon's cabin overlooking the Ruth Amphitheatre up on

the big mountain. :wub: I could spend the rest of my life right there.

don_sheldon_cabin_summer.jpg

Only slightly different than my own dream... I could spend the rest of my life right there.

Which, coincidentally happens to be Mrs Nanuq's dream.... :D

But since we're sharing, THIS is where (you know, if any birds of prey start stalking me too) I'll be posting from in the not too distant future given the chance....;

picture2tyz.png

Ghosts? Just the one....some spooky little guy in uniform, weird accent, always whispering something like "Eel Doo Chay" and keeps looking over his shoulder nervously :unsure:

Funnily enough, it's Ghost Central around these parts and we do actually have a resident apparition as a neighbour, well in the street outside ......takes the form of a horse-drawn carriage, can't see it but you can clearly hear it from time to time back and forth stuck in eternity. Sad and poignant story, but as I say to the always-freaked-out Ms DBR, at least that's better than violent and bloody :D

Thank you All for the positive vibes and thoughts.. yes,.. I am "visioning" it stronger now..

it is a very simple laid back life style.. take away the resorts which is in Kona and Kamuela is for me Country Hawaii..

and being on top of Mauna Kea is like being on a different Planet..

mko5.jpg

This is Pohakuloa .. going over Old saddle rd. to get to Hilo... it is an adventure.. rental car companies prohibit travel on saddle rd. .. a short cut rather than a 4 hour drive around the coast .. it's the wild west here.... once driving from Kona we experienced Sunshine.. rain... hail (sic) ... and very cold temperatures.. enough for snow.. we had to jump off our bikes and use the exhaust pipes to get feeling back in the fingers..

hp63.jpg

Man.. what I wouldn't give to see the stars ..

lowsouth64.jpg

I have seen the lights.... it's an old legend on the Kona coast .. unexplained lights marching in the middle of miles and miles of nothing.. it is said to be the warriors of King Kamehameha the Great .. still guarding his birth Place.

Well, ... there are many farms and Ranches that have bankrupt.. but if life is a jouney and an adventure,... then failing is just a part of life.. just means ya have to pick yourself up again..

I would be totally happy living without the concrete and buildings.. I would really cherish the simple life of Old Hawaii.. things have gotten too crazy in the city..

even if this doesn't happen.. and it will be "God's will, not mine" .. then I will have dreamed.. cause without dreams ... ;)

thanks all for the support and kind thoughts ~

R