When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Your Homeland .. Share it with Us

lanikai

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

First time post! :p

I come from a city in New Zealand called Christchurch

ChristchurchCathedral8.19.04.JPG

But I have spent a lot of time at our house in the small township of Tekapo. Has recently been going through the process of becoming a World Heritage site due to its night sky.

Lake_Tekapo_Township_South_Island.jpg

World_New_Zeland_Lake_Tekapo_007643_.jpg

tekapochurch.jpg

First time post! :p

I come from a city in New Zealand called Christchurch

But I have spent a lot of time at our house in the small township of Tekapo. Has recently been going through the process of becoming a World Heritage site due to its night sky.

World_New_Zeland_Lake_Tekapo_007643_.jpg

tekapochurch.jpg

OMG !!

Welcome atz3c !!!

that is by far the most stunning display of the night sky that I have ever seen with the naked eye :o .. unbelievable !!!!!

thank you for sharing that !!

@Val .. the pic to me is not of Junkies... but of some deep pain in peoples lives.. somethings you just have to "let go"..

thanks for being here my friend !!

lani

OMG !!

Welcome atz3c !!!

that is by far the most stunning display of the hight sky that I have ever seen with the naked eye :o .. unbelievable !!!!!

Agreed. That is spectacular. Welcome atz3c :welcomeani:

I must say.. this is the most amazing display of getting to know more about our membership !!

I'm blown away by the beauty and diversity of our members Homelands !!

simply incredible stuff !!

Each of your lands have such unreal beauty !! :)

L

This is my home in Norway. Sirdal is a small mountain village in the inland of Norway 1700 inhabitants. Big mountains, 5 ski lifts and a golfcourse (8 Holes). Lots of wild nature :)

PS: People here would not know a good watch if it bit them in the nose :p However it is important to me....

I live in a small cabin with fiberaccess to the net (Yes in the middle of nowhere) Me and my dog Harley the beagle! Silence and serenity! Good for the soul.

Good grief that last picture is Crazy with that Rock, and agree the Kiwi Stars are Awesome

Another from down under

View from my local pool

img00152200902201608.jpg

img00016200901171953.jpg

And Pacific Side

bigswim07bannerfronttop.jpg

colsalmerl2.jpg

swimmersoutthere.jpg

ST4

OMG !!

Welcome atz3c !!!

that is by far the most stunning display of the night sky that I have ever seen with the naked eye :o .. unbelievable !!!!!

Thank you for the welcome! Yes it is an amazing place, the stars are amazing. All of the countries shown in this thread have amazing features that are so unique.

Agreed. That is spectacular. Welcome atz3c :welcomeani:

Thank you, this forum looks like a great community!

Not only the night sky shot but the pic above with the backdrop of the mountains is drop dead beautiful too. :)

One question.....where did you hide the sheep :D

Ken

Yes the high country in the South Island has some very unique scenery (think Lord of the Rings!)

Hehe the sheep are around, you just have to know where to look!!! The land is fairly dry, but people are still able to graze sheep there, just not in the quantities closer to the coast.

But, there are thousands of rabbits, and these are the local pests.

It is also amazing to see the Aurora Australis, the equivalent of the Northern Lights - very uncommon to see at such distances from Antartica.

For some more information regrading Tekapo and it's night sky, http://www.earthandsky.co.nz/docs/starlight_brochure.pdf

Thanks all for the warm welcome, and I look froward to seeing some more unique places!

Welcome azt3c, you live in a great place.

I was in your hometown last year, punting down the Avon with my lady, had a top floor suite at the Millennium looking down over the Cathedral. Great city, in fact all of South Island is spectacular.

Hello Friends of Replicas and watches,

i live and work in Metzingen. The world famous Outletcity in Europe.

here are the link to Metzingen Outlets all Stores here have an Discount of 30%-70% on all Famous Brands like Hugo Boss, Burberry, Polo Ralph Lauren, Joop, Escada, Levi's, Nike, adidas, reebok, VAUDE, Oakley and and and

www.outletcity-metzingen.com

post-16418-1241629652_thumb.png

post-16418-1241629680_thumb.jpg

post-16418-1241629733_thumb.jpg

post-16418-1241629787_thumb.jpg

Guest HaloArchive

RWG hat die Viertel Reich heir! Alle Deutcsher/ein heir haben Deutche mit anderes sprochen! :) Denkte Ich ... wir mussten eine (Alte) Jungenherberger ins Deutschland gehabt!

H

RWG hat die Viertel Reich heir! Alle Deutcsher/ein heir haben Deutche mit anderes sprochen! :) Denkte Ich ... wir mussten eine (Alte) Jungenherberger ins Deutschland gehabt!

H

I come from a place called Harrow in London. The famous Harrow school is situated hear, just some pics from the net...

Harrow%20School%202.jpg

p03b_london_nilay_harrow_school.jpg

and the boys have to wear...

h2.jpg

Where the school is situated is a nice area with some expensive houses, the main part of town is very muticultural nowadays and a bit of a mess, if I get my digital camera soon then I might take some snaps :)

Guest asim

The first 14 years of my life I spent in Frankfurt am Main:

800px-skyline_frankfurt_am_main.jpg

In a small place called Nieder Eschbach:

FachwerkhausNiedereschbach3.jpg

Eschbach_Nieder-Eschbach.jpg

Then I moved over to Mill Hill in North London:

0-london_master.jpg

london.jpg

london_eye_twilight_april_2006.jpg

And when my older brother moved to Norfolk, Virginia USA, I sort of had a "third" home I could always go to..

VirginiasBeachAerial_390_70.jpg

bigwaterfront.jpg

Some Virginia Beach sun!

virginia-beach.jpg

And me soaking up some of that sun during an internship in VB, VA

n193200206_30581503_2607-1.jpg

Living it up RockStar style baby!!!

That's some heavily stamped passport your carrying Asim..

another set of incredible images.. thank you !!

after viewing mostly wrist shots here for a few years.. it's nice to get to know the members by actual County and residence.. :D

Aloha

Lani

Beautiful scenery Tribal

your Hometown is so clean and manicured..

Countries in Europe have centuries of History.. the land speaks ~ Rich with History...

L

Thanks mate,

but I wish I would live where you are haha ;)

If so I where for shure a surferboy hehe.....

This is a great topic and I've been enjoying seeing all the pics from you guys so, now is my turn...:)

I live in Porto, Portugal's 2nd city and where Port wine is made, our fellow uk friends must know what I'm talking about :).... here are some pics of it :D

This is the city center

564e6fc2.jpg

a view of the city from the river

fbfc0d24.jpg

these are the boats that used to carry the wine from the vineyards, up river, to the city

5917eab0.jpg

95b76c61.jpg

This is "Casa da M

Guest asim
That's some heavily stamped passport your carrying Asim..

another set of incredible images.. thank you !!

after viewing mostly wrist shots here for a few years.. it's nice to get to know the members by actual County and residence.. :D

Aloha

Lani

haha indeed Lani,

I love travelling and having several homes to go to. But I want to settle somewhere and Norfolk may well be the place in a years time or so!!

Guest asim

Cleobis, those are some great pics!! I love the Red Bull airshow, I've only been top the London one, but I'd love to see one in Portugal!!