When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Sterile Big Pilot from Josh?

upland

• 2 weeks later...

This is actually an IWC replica. I was looking through an old 2006 IWC catalogue and there it was. page 15. Classic Big Pilot 52 S.C. 1940, sterile dial. It looks just like the original. Good font, markers and hands. Although the reps are blued. So, that resolves the mystery for me. I was wondering what was up...so there's your answer. Now we can all go out and buy one now that we know that it is a true replica of a real watch, and not just a cop-out sterile homage. :D

This is actually an IWC replica. I was looking through an old 2006 IWC catalogue and there it was. page 15. Classic Big Pilot 52 S.C. 1940, sterile dial. It looks just like the original. Good font, markers and hands. Although the reps are blued. So, that resolves the mystery for me. I was wondering what was up...so there's your answer. Now we can all go out and buy one now that we know that it is a true replica of a real watch, and not just a cop-out sterile homage. :D

+1 This is how the original Big Pilot watches used to look.

Very tasty!

• 2 months later...
  • 11 months later...
  • 3 years later...
  • 4 weeks later...

The one like the IWC is this one (don't know if still in stock anyway):

http://www.ttw888.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=30_238&products_id=6875

Ah, and note that both the IWC and the rep are 55mm diameter!!!!!!

Otherwise if you want a proper gen (not such expensive too: 790€ with ETA 2824-2 TOP grade), from the most famous brand of Pilot's watches (meaning they were really doing them during 2nd WW), look this one:

Flieger_o_Logo_o_Datum_1.jpg

This is really "sexy" for me:

Flieger_Chrono_1.jpg

More info here:

http://www.stowa.de/lshop,showrub,14033796973144,en,1403379802-3857,flieger,,,,.htm

Many Thanks,, yes they looking Nice,,,bot what i wont is that special watch case the homage watch have,,very close to the iwc ww2 watch,,,i have try 3 times ordre that 46 mm from chinese dealers,they all have on there webbside,,bot they send me the 55 mm rung watch,, the 46 is sold aut they sai,,,stranges no one one any forums sai they have or did have that watch,,bot i still hope to Bay a used one ,one time,,

REGARDS

Bernhard

• 3 weeks later...