When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

My First 3646 Project Completed

fishgodeep

Evening All,

Well I finally completed my 3646 project this weekend and I am chuffed to bits with the results!

I must also take this opportunity to express my sincere thanks to Ross Mc Sherry for making this a reality.

It started life as a $100 case set from Prestige Watch Co but U managed to ruin the plexi in the first hour of my vintaging efforts so I called out to Ross to some tips and assistance.

Ross offered to take the case set in , check it to see if it was any good and fit a replacement plexi - but Ross's generosity meant I got alot more than I could have ever dreamed of:

Ross welded the lugs , shortened the crown tube and vintagized the whole case set

Installed a nicely aged Rolex tropic plexi and a big engraved Brevet crown.

Ross provided one of his sublime engraved dials , with engraved text, lume and resin fill that looks just perfect

Also provided a perfect Molijna movement and some stunning blue hands which he re-lumed in an aged effect.

All I had to to was order some Molijna 1.2mm stems from Davidsen and complete the final assembly!!

So once again , a huge salute and personal thank you to one of our most knowledgable, skilled, generous, honourable members and a friend to me and many others!!

In the pics below the 3646 is on a Red 12 baseball glove vintage style strap with GPD Mod Dep buckles I made last year.

Sits pride or place along with the Ross Mc Sherry / Clint Eastwood 6152 that I am also extremely grateful for!!

All the best Ross

FGD

P1030272.jpg

P1030273.jpg

P1030274.jpg

P1030276.jpg

P1030277.jpg

P1030278.jpg

P1030291.jpg

P1030286.jpg

P1030282.jpg

P1030290.jpg

Glad to be of assistance, sorry it took so long ;)

The next job will be to source you some vintage blued hands - these are good for the moment, but there's nothing like true blued hands. It's in good company with your 616 - and I'm sure there'll be more around the corner!

Nice combo you have here.

The welded work does all the difference beetween a nice homage and just a "standart" rep, nice job Ross :)

And it's nice to see the 6152/1 always work nice.

What is the caseback you have put in ?

And yes, we need correct gen blue hands, i have two project we will be achieved when i will find correct blue hands.

i have some pairsof vintage corrects blues hands, and all hour hand are too long, i think Ross and Marco know the problem too.

I love your 3646 cause the aging looks realistic. Ι'm not into museum items, with unjustifiable heavy vintaging - most of the times these watches don't look real to my eyes. There is a distinct line between an evidently aged 70 year old wrist watch and a WWII Hollywood production.

Again wear it well my friend

Thanks for all your comments gents ...much appreciated.

This is deffo getting a lot of wrist time at the moment - I just need to experiment with strap options....V has some nice mustard vintage looking leather

@ Clint - its a PAM 21 case back on the 6152 - I ordered it to fit the 3646 which it doesn't - but it does fit the 6152 case set perfectly

All the best Ross and no need to apologise for the wait ...it was worth it!!

Cheers

FGD