When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Any other denim fans around?

ubiquitous

When I'm not building or buying watches, I'm usually looking for old(er) Diesels :)

IMG_1807a.jpg

The 2003 - 2006 range is where I usually find the washes I most prefer; usually in Zathans (with the occassional XR thrown in as well). The above are my top 10; waiting for another pair in transit. Have 5 or 6 more not pictured, but only because they're the same cut/wash in a different size (trying to find the right size/fit is a lot of trial and error). I like my jeans fitted through the thigh with enough boot cut to allow my Frye's to fit into.

Friends have been trying to get me to buy raw/selvedge Dior MIJ's, Nudies etc. but Diesels are my comfort zone (besides, I can't do the straight/tapered or relaxed leg stuff).

There's a lot of people out there that love their denim... I figure there have to be a few on here as well?

Dude, right now at Saks Off Fifth..at least here in Dallas, all the 7 for mankind,Diesel,AG,True Religion and Red Engine are like $49...I have stocked up on stuff that would normally cost me $200 per...nice collection Ubi now you have to co ordinate the colors with your watches!

Respect to your denim :)

Most of my Jeans comes from here: http://www.express.com/catalog/category.js...p;categoryId=62

and here: http://us.levi.com/family/index.jsp?catego...3146844.3146855

Their fit is perfect for me! I've tried them all, but only these two brands' fit me right! I love denim jeans, that's all I wear,

well 96% of the time!

If it calls for formal, then I wear dark ones and put on a coat, no ties for me!.....96% of the time! :D

I love denim jeans too and most of my jeans are DK&Y. I did not know Diesel jeans are so expensive. Just looked at

Sak fifth avenue website and they are priced at $200 or more. I don't know if i am willing to pay $200 for a pair of jean though.

MPP - Maybe you could pick up a few pairs for us from Dallas.

ps. I have 4 hermes and 1 Burberry (replica from Trevor) shiprts for $20 each shipped in CONUS in case anyone interested. MY size is US 15 and he sent me 17 1/2. check out the other items section.

They're not too terribly bad in price- Average is around $250-ish. The most I've spent was around $370 for a pretty rare pair. About the cost of an average rep...

I've tried others, only to end up with piles of Sevens, True Religions and Rock & Republics just sitting around collecting dust. Diesel is just the brand that does it for me.

i actually recently got bored of denim and have been buying most of my pants from a new company called bonobos. their lightweight cords are the most comfortable pants i've ever worn and something different compared to the vast sea of jeans out there (how many pocket stitching variations can they come up with?).

but before i abandoned my denim interest my favorite pairs were EDJ (small california-based company importing top quality japanese denim), rock & republic, and (several years ago now) earnest sewn.

deltatahoe

there is a place near me called Jean connection and I bought some Red Engines for about $200 instead of Diesel as they are made of that Japanese denim...Jeans have replaced my suit :)

DVN, if you give me the size and style, I would be happy to check the Saks Off 5th for you...its their outlet so they clear the jeans every 3 months...

Hey Ubi! We have similar taste!

I see a couple pairs that I own in your collection as well! And I also wear Frye's! If we were ever to find ourselves at a GTG, we would have to call each other first to see what each other was wearing! I also have a few pairs of seven for mankind, energie, older paper&denim, older ernest sewn, and levis. I mainly wear diesel though. I avoid True Religion like the plague. Don't know why, but I can't stand them... same with anything Ed Hardy.

Back to boots. I love my Frye's. They've seen a lot of wear over the years, and just get better with age. For a different style boot, I just picked up a pair of Sebago Lighthouse boots. Basically a cross between a deck shoes and boot. Very comfortable and well made. I also tend to wear Chuck taylors... got a few pairs of them as well. A couple pair of Prada, most comfortable shoes I have ever owned. And some Fluvogs.

Guest farquar

Great shot of some nice pairs;)

I wear only diesel since 2002 or so, still have some classics like a reslim 796 from way back although almost in pieces(couple of selvedges but i dont have the patience for them unfortunately) now my fav cuts are vikers, troulegs, slammers and the ultra slim thanaz cut. I prolly have 13-14 pairs now, almost all picked up from ebay for way below retail..And unlike replica watches, i think replica diesels are a bad idea..Even the super duper copies I have seen have been pretty yucky compared to an original(Kinda odd, it has to be easier than copying a watch id assume:))

As far as boots, I love the common projects..Lovely shoes, great on the bike and very comy, although a little pricey.

Edited by farquar

Hahahahhaa, I was wondering how long it was going to take you to appear Ken!?!? Can't keep a good man down!

I'm a big fan of Diesel too, not sure if you guys ive near a TJ MAXX, I think thats what it's called in the US. They sell designer for about 60-70% less than high street, they are usually previous season stuff, but it doesn't really matter when all you want is a certain colour and cut. You can save a fortune in there, I have approx 80 pairs of jeans, insane I know, it was something to do with when I was getting ill, I just kept buying and collecting things, about 70% of my collection still have their tags on, same with my collection of basketball shoes and racing driving boots, also my collection of chelsea boots and bike boots and my DVDs and racing motorcycle models. Yeah it got waaaaay out of control for a while, I shudder to think how much I spent during that time!

But back to main point, most of my collection are eclectic, I have the full 'Rock' collection from DKNY, about 6 pairs of CK jeans (very comfy jeans!!) a good few pairs of diesel, Projekt, Osaka Tiger, Pepe, Antik denim, Dikies, Time Zone, Ireland, the list goes on. I have to say, my favs are the TimeZone and Levi's. At the moment that is, tomorrow is a different day! lol

Sixx :bones:

Stilty- It's interesting how much of a parallel path we live within :) We share a lot of common interests, and if I may say so myself, you have some excellent taste, sir ^_^

I love my Fryes- Right now, I only have a pair of Frye Dillon boots in the collection. They're by far my favorites and I tend to wear them daily (though with summer coming up, I am not sure if I could endure this). I am also a big fan of Chucks; I need to pick up a new pair soon :)

As of current, I find that I only wear Diesel. I gave TR's a try, but they just don't fit me well, and their style just isn't my style. TR does work well with my wife however; they're her favorite brand.

And I agree 100% farquar- I think Diesels are just one of those things where I insist on buying the real deal. I'm very particular when it comes to fit, and I need the consistency of cut when buying these things. It's hard enough trying to determine fit with authentic Diesel; I think I've sized down 2 - 4 sizes in my trial and error (I started with W30 and have found my comfort zone in the 26 - 28 range).

Sixx- Don't you guys have TK Maxx over on your side of the pond? I agree- That's a great place to pick up last season's jeans, but here it's sort of hit or miss with regards to sizes, irregular pairs, etc. Unfortunately, I can't really take advantage since most of the washes/cuts I'm after are several years past...

:(

Aside from watches, Diesel seems to be my other achilles heel...

Ubi, yeah we have TK MAXX over here, I was pretty sure your version of the company was TJ MAXX, it's called something different in Canada too but the name escapes me. I only brought it up as no one had mentioned it, it's an amazing way to save money on big value clothes. Sometimes you have to do a fair amount of rummaging around to find a gem, but it's usually worth it! So guy's, if you are into jeans, t-shirts, polos, sweats, anything designer really, they tend to have it at pretty amazing prices!

I would of course urge you to check out 'Bergies' first however!! ;)

Sixx :bones:

Huge jeans freak here, too, and I agree about the older Diesels. My thighs are a bit big, and most designer jeans are made for thinner guys. So I have to size up and wear a belt or get them taken in at the waist.

Load up on True Religions and Diesels - they fit the best and make the butt look awesome!