When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

2009 Fugly Watch of the Year has Landed!

cornerstone

I came across this in the watch news section of the site (we have a news section - who knew?), and thought it deserved special mention.

I need say no more, other than to make clear that this is an actual watch that you're expected to want to buy:

fuglyz.jpg

:blink:

Er... Um... I...

I.. ah... I actually quite like that... :unsure:

It looks like something which would have been worn as a prop on 2001 or UFO, and I have to admit, I do have a softspot for the design aesthetic of that era :unsure:

[Edit to add]

I would likely never actually wear a watch like that, but, I do like the design :)

Why does that not surprise me TeeJay...

Must be he artist in you B)

I'm a huge fan of the sci-fi shows and movies from the era, and to me, that looks like something which would have been a prop in such a show :) Okay, I can't imagine Ed Bishop wearing one (if I recal, the watch he wore in UFO was a gift from Gerry and Sylvia Anderson),

edWatch1.jpg

but, I could certainly imagine Gabrielle Drake wearing one on the moonbase...

gabrielle_ufo2.jpg

GabrielleDrake.jpg

:wub: :wub:

that watch is awful yes, but at least the maker was able to do it and still have the date center in the window, and its 10bar WR...

Conisdering the pastiche of "design" elements they used, I think centered date window is actually a mistake. Since it seems they were going for a patchwork Frankenstein effect, the date window should have been off center.

Reading TeeJay's post I'm beginning to think I may have inadvertently invented a new psychiatric test.....

I'm not sure what it's testing for, but I'm calling it the 'Cornerstone Psychiatric Assessment For TeeJayness'. :animal_rooster:

:lol: At least I can justify why I like it :lol: It's all about context... It's not like I'm all "oooh, where do I get me one of those!!!1" :lol:

I found a diesel watch in a gym locker the other week. Suprisingly nice, I handed it into reception. I waer diesel shirts and belts and thought why not a diesel watch. Cheap and a large range of styles.

If anyone can find me a link or the models name and code I'm going to get it and I'll promise lots of pics and a full review.