When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

A Big Thank You To RWG - Post your stories and thoughts here :)

b16a2

Dear RWG, I have just completed my last exam today which signals the completion of my university degree. I want to offer a massive thank you to the forum, because truly it has helped me find motivation and see the light at the end of the tunnel.

I entered this forum just over three years ago now, and I am so glad I found this place. At first it was a great resource to research and buy the replicas that I wanted. However, after a while, the purchasing of watches became second fiddle to the participation with such a great community.

Over the years I have made some great friends, but most of all, everyone in this forum is here because of their love and passion for timepieces and to share experiences along the way

@P8B - I wondered why there was a massive invasion of 'Spartans' :) Well, what you did went beyond what I was hoping to do, so thank you If I don't get too many donations, Il count that $30 towards it, and Il match that. If I get quite a few then Il probably separate that from the other donations so it raises a bit more money.

@Freddy - thanks my friend!

It should, of course, be pointed out that over the past 3 years you have shown yourself to be a quality member, so it turns both ways and we must also say thank you for spending the time with us. :)

Congrats on finishing your degree.

Ken

Thanks everyone for the kind words.

I was kind of hoping that this would turn into a more communal thread, with new members and old members posting about their experiences on this wonderful board :)

@Cornerstone - I really take my hat off to those that continue to do a masters, and many of my fellow students are off to law school for a year now, so I wish them all the best with that. I certainly don't have the focus to do anything like that at the moment, so Im off to start working and paying taxes now haha Maybe in the future I might undertake a post-grad but at the moment, it certainly is a case of putting the feet up and soaking in the freedom for a few months :)

B-

Congrats on your degree. I wish I could remember that far back. :lol: And I have to agree that the friends I have made through the community have been far more important than any of the watches. I have had the opportunity to meet with members from all over the world. I have even had one or two over as house guests. I have never found any community where folks truly wanted to be so helpful. I was not one of the original mods on this forum but was honored when I joined the team.

And sitting here today, I can say that my closest friends over the last few years have come from the forum and it has little to do with watches. :)

@Cornerstone - I really take my hat off to those that continue to do a masters, and many of my fellow students are off to law school for a year now, so I wish them all the best with that. I certainly don't have the focus to do anything like that at the moment, so Im off to start working and paying taxes now haha Maybe in the future I might undertake a post-grad but at the moment, it certainly is a case of putting the feet up and soaking in the freedom for a few months :)

But if you don't do your CPE you'll be missing out on getting sacked via voicemail in 3 years! :o

:p

(I hope you know what I'm talking about - a wee topical in-joke ;) )

I agree with Kruzer - I arrived for the watches but stayed for the friends. You're all appreciated :thumbsupsmileyanim:

B-

Congrats on your degree. I wish I could remember that far back. :lol: And I have to agree that the friends I have made through the community have been far more important than any of the watches. I have had the opportunity to meet with members from all over the world. I have even had one or two over as house guests. I have never found any community where folks truly wanted to be so helpful. I was not one of the original mods on this forum but was honored when I joined the team.

And sitting here today, I can say that my closest friends over the last few years have come from the forum and it has little to do with watches. :)

Definitely. It's great how a shared passion can actually lead to a good friendship....and you need not even have met the person face to face. I envy you having met some, and even had some as house guests, it must be great. Now I have a little more freedom this summer Im hoping to attend a few GTG's and meet some of this great community!

But if you don't do your CPE you'll be missing out on getting sacked via voicemail in 3 years! :o

:p

(I hope you know what I'm talking about - a wee topical in-joke ;) )

I agree with Kruzer - I arrived for the watches but stayed for the friends. You're all appreciated :thumbsupsmileyanim:

If it was something that was publicised yesterday I know what you mean, if not....I haven't the faintest :D

I think that sums it up for almost all oldtimers, especially those that have moved on from replicas. (cough-cough)