When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

MD2020: Deal at your own risk

Legend

FYI all: I made a formal request/plea that this be handled by the powers that be days ago, it was read. For whatever reason/s I can only gather it was thought best to let it lie.

This is the result of that decision for better or worse, only in hindsight will we know. :pimp:

Mike, this place is all about empowering people to speak their minds, to give kudos where they're due, and to out the scammers.  Each member has the freedom to do this.  You guys are doing a fine job keeping people informed of the dealings with MD2020. 

He approached me almost a year ago about being a trusted modder here, so I sent him a nice piece so he could prove himself.  I withheld any endorsement until I personally saw what he can do.  His performance was going to speak for itself.  It's been since March and I never got it back.  All communication has stopped. 

In my Scout troop I give the boys just enough rope to prove themselves as leaders, or to hang themselves.  It's about standing on your own two feet.  I did that with MD2020 and he failed miserably.  So from where I'm sitting MD2020 won't be getting RWG's approval as a modder.

I won't speak for Admin, this is his house we're playing in.  But I'm sure he feels the same way.  Thanks for CCing me on the PMs.

I still hope you guys get your watches back, but like Legend, I've written mine off too.    :bye2:

I never said that and am not going to engage in debate. Previously people shyed away from posting personal contact details like this and opted to offer them via pm or other means. Regardless the issue.

I have been here a long time and lost pieces before to modders.

I was simply offfering a word of caution over personal details openly in threads.

Dear Scotty

I respect you (and others like you) as a veteran member, and the beliefs you have regarding this. Trust me I do.

Let me do a disclaimer: I posted his name and address out of my own accord, without consulting either the group that was affected or with the mod crew.

I think that it is not right for Mike to do this to so many members, and I want everyone (and him) to know how serious I view his misdeeds.

If he wants to pursue this legally, here I am. He has my address and name too, and I am here waiting, no problem.

I do apologise to the admin crew (Admin and Nanuq, who have been very good to me) that I did this without prior notice. I want them to be able to say "No he did this on his own accord, unsanctioned by RWG" and of course they would be free to edit my posts or ban or restrict my privileges as they see fit. I fully respect that.

My sole intention is just to let everyone here know what has been happening, and to warn anyone who has intention of working with him. 

Thank you kindly for your input. I am happy for you that you have gotten your watch back. There are many here that are not as fortunate, and they are herded down a different path of decision from you, given the simple fact that they are treated differently by MD2020.

I stand by my decision to post his details, and I would face any consequence, legal or otherwise, arising from it.

In my Scout troop I give the boys just enough rope to prove themselves as leaders, or to hang themselves.  It's about standing on your own two feet.

:bye2:

..... :)

post-25577-0-07502000-1383229225_thumb.j

Mike, this place is all about empowering people to speak their minds, to give kudos where they're due, and to out the scammers.  Each member has the freedom to do this.  You guys are doing a fine job keeping people informed of the dealings with MD2020. 

He approached me almost a year ago about being a trusted modder here, so I sent him a nice piece so he could prove himself.  I withheld any endorsement until I personally saw what he can do.  His performance was going to speak for itself.  It's been since March and I never got it back.  All communication has stopped. 

In my Scout troop I give the boys just enough rope to prove themselves as leaders, or to hang themselves.  It's about standing on your own two feet.  I did that with MD2020 and he failed miserably.  So from where I'm sitting MD2020 won't be getting RWG's approval as a modder.

I won't speak for Admin, this is his house we're playing in.  But I'm sure he feels the same way.  Thanks for CCing me on the PMs.

I still hope you guys get your watches back, but like Legend, I've written mine off too.    :bye2:

This is great moderation. Thomas was a boy scout once (in KFUM probably) so I am sure he agrees with you on this. Thank you Nanug!!

1011140363.JPG

I stand by my decision to post his details, and I would face any consequence, legal or otherwise, arising from it.

You have the type of attitude I like and so does the captain below..no face palms for you my RWG friend

tumblr_mn619jvsCt1rxaho8o1_400.gif

You have the type of attitude I like and so does the captain below..no face palms for you my RWG friend

tumblr_mn619jvsCt1rxaho8o1_400.gif

you are turning my thread into a comic relief, not that I'm complaining. I guess there IS a lighter side to everything afterall. :D:inverted:

"Looks like this thread has officially turned to scouts and campcraft :lol:"

Better than you know who starting a tirade, but that may still happen. :pimp:

Well, its a free country, and I do not expect everyone to think alike.

I can handle differences in opinions, but stirring trouble is another kettle of fish altogether, no? ;)

Better than you know who starting a tirade, but that may still happen. :pimp:
To whom might you be referring to? The troll whom we do not say his name or acknowledge? :lol: But I applaud LK making the posts he did here. No matter how many few members successfully got their watch back and/or had a satisfactory service from MD2020, NO ONE, I repeat, NO ONE should be sending MD2020 anymore work for any reason. If you do, besides the inherent risk as explained in the OP, you are basically slapping the other members in the face of this community whom continue to be wronged and scammed. Yes, scammed. No other appropriate word for it. Edited by GBOGH

Yes I sent the watch to

Mike Dabrowkski

305 Hillcrest Blvd.

Hoffman Estates IL 60169

USA

I am based in Singapore. You would realise that retrieving my watch physically is not a viable option.

I know that address he used to be on another watch forum years ago doing same thing but with different surname mike McNair watch repair

But like I said, I'm done, and I am prepared for a total write-off. Thank you for your reply.

I know that address he used to be on another watch forum years ago doing same thing but with different surname mike McNair watch repair

No. MD2020 is NOT the old Mike McNair. Same scammer tendencies and non-communication issues, but it is NOT the same person.

Maybe its a house of fraud then :lol:

No, Mike McNair's address was in Pennsylvania, and was known personally by another member on the other RWG, whom actually assisted resolving open issues and getting almost everyone's watch back in that fiasco a couple years ago.

MD2020 <> McNair. :)

Edited by GBOGH

Not again a MD2020 thread.....

Simple question: why isn't there a crew of 'knock around' guys knocking on his door? There is a time of politics and a time for war. In my country we would drive 500 miles or more even if someone rips you of for 50 bucks. Don't mess around with cheap Dutchies :lol:

No seriously.... Pay this guy a visit and claim what is rightfully yours. The easy way or the hard way.

The US is different we are a very litigious society the person knocking on the door would wind up getting hauled away. Then he has to go to court to prove he is innocent of threats etc, private property laws are different here I gather. There are however other avenues that can be pursued and in fact they are as we speak.

Mike, this place is all about empowering people to speak their minds, to give kudos where they're due, and to out the scammers. Each member has the freedom to do this. You guys are doing a fine job keeping people informed of the dealings with MD2020.

He approached me almost a year ago about being a trusted modder here, so I sent him a nice piece so he could prove himself. I withheld any endorsement until I personally saw what he can do. His performance was going to speak for itself. It's been since March and I never got it back. All communication has stopped.

In my Scout troop I give the boys just enough rope to prove themselves as leaders, or to hang themselves. It's about standing on your own two feet. I did that with MD2020 and he failed miserably. So from where I'm sitting MD2020 won't be getting RWG's approval as a modder.

I won't speak for Admin, this is his house we're playing in. But I'm sure he feels the same way. Thanks for CCing me on the PMs.

I still hope you guys get your watches back, but like Legend, I've written mine off too. :bye2:

Interesting that even the mods have extremely inconsistent views of what's acceptable and what's not. I posted private info in an unrelated scammer post and got reprimanded severely for it.

What a joke.

Not again a MD2020 thread.....

Simple question: why isn't there a crew of 'knock around' guys knocking on his door? There is a time of politics and a time for war. In my country we would drive 500 miles or more even if someone rips you of for 50 bucks. Don't mess around with cheap Dutchies :lol:

No seriously.... Pay this guy a visit and claim what is rightfully yours. The easy way or the hard way.

In your country people don't have guns. Most Americans have guns. Go ahead and try that approach in Illinois, near Chicago. You'll go back home in a body bag.

• Like 1

L8terz as I inferred in my post" different private property laws", you come on my land ...................................... body bag, what jury gonna put you away.

We are Americans , must seem crazy  to the rest of the world but we like it that way.

PS and if it was not inferred I remember thinking as I posted, just the way it is I guess we just take that possibility for granted.