When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

How's Lani?

Utheman

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wish I could do something. Some things in life, our hands are tied. Thats why I am glad I have my faith, and glad to see so many others do as well. I'm sure you will be ok Lan the man.

Looking forward to your "IM BACK" thread, should be quite a party!

Wish we could all do a BIG RWG conference call to him. That would be awesome...

:)

There is a way to do a free large conference call actually. My company uses a conference call system all the time for world wide conferences. I am looking into the system now. All you need is the 800 number to call and then there is a passcode for the call you are on. Once I get more info, I can post it here for you guys. (That is if there is enough interest for something like this?)

Ok the toll free system we use here is actually corporate owned, so I won't be able to use that system. However, there is a free conference call system at this number:

(702)851-4044

The first person to call in generates a made up conference number code, and then everyone who calls in enters that same number. I just tested it using a conference call code of 78956. The code can be anything though, it doesn't matter.

I just got off the phone with Lani. Finally he was able to tell me in detail what he went through. Out of respect for his privacy I will not share the details, but suffice it to say that he has really been through the ringer and is a lucky, lucky man to be alive. He is getting excellent care, which is of course is really important when you have a meltdown situation like that. His spirits seem good although he is very drained and slow to speak. It is kind of weird hearing him sound like that. But I can tell you that I know him well and the "light" is definitely there inside him now if you know what I mean. I now believe he is really on the mend and will make a full and relatively speedy recovery. At least that is how I feel it as of today.

So you all please put your energy toward that thought and let's multiply it for him just to be thorough. Send him the positive vibes if you believe in that kind of thing. Other than all that I can tell you that he even said he is motivated to get his laptop into the hospital so he can get back to the forum and read his press. LOL. Just kidding, but him being motivated to log on is another good sign. He asked me to give everyone his regards and said he will try and come around when he can and give you all an update in person. So all in all, I would say this is the best news on bruddah Lani yet. Stay tuned...

I just got off the phone with Lani.

Between you going MIA and now Lani, RWG has my nervous demeanor spiked more than usual.

Used to be I come here to mellow out and vibe on whatever fresh eye candy the two of you are posting on said given day!

Just got off the phone with the big man. I have to say, this is the first day in which he's starting to sound like his old self.

He's now in General Care, so no more ICU. A good sign that he's improving.

He did say that what he had was not pneumonia, but rather influenza A(?).

Hopefully, he'll be home this weekend.

He sends his regards to all, and I was sure to let him know that we're all thinking of him :)

Cheers,

R

I just got off the phone with Lani. Finally he was able to tell me in detail what he went through. Out of respect for his privacy I will not share the details, but suffice it to say that he has really been through the ringer and is a lucky, lucky man to be alive. He is getting excellent care, which is of course is really important when you have a meltdown situation like that. His spirits seem good although he is very drained and slow to speak. It is kind of weird hearing him sound like that. But I can tell you that I know him well and the "light" is definitely there inside him now if you know what I mean. I now believe he is really on the mend and will make a full and relatively speedy recovery. At least that is how I feel it as of today.

So you all please put your energy toward that thought and let's multiply it for him just to be thorough. Send him the positive vibes if you believe in that kind of thing. Other than all that I can tell you that he even said he is motivated to get his laptop into the hospital so he can get back to the forum and read his press. LOL. Just kidding, but him being motivated to log on is another good sign. He asked me to give everyone his regards and said he will try and come around when he can and give you all an update in person. So all in all, I would say this is the best news on bruddah Lani yet. Stay tuned...

thanks for the update RobbieG. I'm glad he has close friends like you and Ubi.

Wally

Yeah, first I almost get taken out now him. Part of the old guard is a little worse for wear I'm afraid - at least the two of us anyway. I wish I could say I'm fully mended but I'd be lying. I'm not sure I ever will be unfortunately, but Lani will be. And he is no doubt more valuable to this place than I am so RWG wins there for sure.

It was good talking with him today. It always is really - sick or not. He has helped me a lot by listening to me spit fear and loathing about my illness over the last few months and it has been nice to try and return the favor by telling him how much he is missed, etc. A lot of good friendships are born at this little corner of the world. I really learned alot when I was absent and so many people really went out of their way to seek me out and make sure I was OK and/or ask if they could help in any way. Now I see the same happening here for Lani. You guys are a good bunch of guys. You just don't see that kind of humanity everywhere these days. Good stuff.

Between you going MIA and now Lani, RWG has my nervous demeanor spiked more than usual.

Used to be I come here to mellow out and vibe on whatever fresh eye candy the two of you are posting on said given day!

I'm glad you picked up on that too Ubi. Now I know I wasn't just being optimistic as I am subject to do that sometimes. I really felt his spirit was alive today too - and of course back upstairs again which is great.

And yes, the whole thing was a wicked viral attack apparently. Again, I don't want to go into detail as I'm sure he will run it all down for everyone if he is so inclined when he gets back. It sure was brutal though, that much is certain.

Just got off the phone with the big man. I have to say, this is the first day in which he's starting to sound like his old self.

He's now in General Care, so no more ICU. A good sign that he's improving.

He did say that what he had was not pneumonia, but rather influenza A(?).

Hopefully, he'll be home this weekend.

He sends his regards to all, and I was sure to let him know that we're all thinking of him :)

Cheers,

R

Ok I must apologies but I totally missed about your illness Robbie, all I know is that you have been MIA for a while.

You want to start another thread and let us know more?

Ken

I was about to say the same, Ken. I was completely unaware of this also. I took several months off from the forum, so granted I missed a lot, but this is certainly news to me!

That's really good news indeed, bro, thanks for sharing it with us :) Indeed, lots of good vibes being sent bruddah Lani's way :good:

I second, third, and fourth all the well wishes for this man. I hold Lani in high regard, and even though he doesn't know me, I think it's safe to say that all of us benefit from his spirit and passion. Get well, my friend!

And thank you, Robbie and Ubi for passing on the information.

Taken from one of my favorite movies, Tombstone:

"Dammit, Doc, why the hell you doing this?"

"Because Wyatt Earp is my friend."

"Hell, I got lots of friends."

"... I don't"