When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Upgrade your browser

Admin

It you have not done so, this is an excellent opportunity; Upgrade your brwoser to the latest version available. If you are using Internet Explorer, I would highly recommend an upgrade to Opera/Firefox/Chrome, but that's just a matter of personal taste ;)

The reason I am recommending this is that a couple of members have contacted me and told me "This doesn't work and that doesn't work" After some investigation, we've discovered that they have all been on older versions of their browsers (Some even on IE6 :o) ;))

The forum software we are using relies on modern technology and modern programing routines. Unfortunately, not all older browsers are capable of handling this, so if you have ever looked for an excuse to upgrade you have one,

glad to hear

i've been on Firefox since a while now

congrats on the new look

however using my username with my password doesn't let me in yet

i have to use my email with my password instead

p.s.

what happened to the Trader feedback feature ?

lastly

why can't i reply to messages received in my inbox ?

Edited by chronoluvvv

getting some wierdness on ie7, too...some pictures and links...and how a page fits on my screen...not big issues, but surprising with ie7...

nice work, Admin and team...upgrades aren't easy - this i know...all in good time...

R-

we have run test here at my office using futuremark peacekeeper, (hxxp://service.futuremark.com/peacekeeper/index.action)

it is amazing how slow IE is compared to other browser. I hate firefox, I use IE7 at the office, IE8 on my personal windows 7 machines (64bit) and chrome on my personal xp machines.

if you havent seen peacekeeper, try it out and be amaazed. I know I was...

p.s.

what happened to the Trader feedback feature ?

lastly

why can't i reply to messages received in my inbox ?

As I announced before the upgrade; Many features would go missing because of the upgrade. All the data for the Traders feedback is stored in case the author of the plugin decides to upgrade his software to fit with this version of the forum software.

The upgrade is also the reason you cannot reply to your "old" PM's. You will have to write a new reply for your PM if you are trying to reply to someone.

It you have not done so, this is an excellent opportunity; Upgrade your brwoser to the latest version available. If you are using Internet Explorer, I would highly recommend an upgrade to Opera/Firefox/Chrome, but that's just a matter of personal taste ;)

The reason I am recommending this is that a couple of members have contacted me and told me "This doesn't work and that doesn't work" After some investigation, we've discovered that they have all been on older versions of their browsers (Some even on IE6 :o ) ;) )

The forum software we are using relies on modern technology and modern programing routines. Unfortunately, not all older browsers are capable of handling this, so if you have ever looked for an excuse to upgrade you have one,

Over at RWG1.1 I've recently installed a script that prompts IE6 users to update their browser when they hit the site - it looks like the standard IE information bar and is both unobtrusive and effective. It seemed like a good idea as we're planning an upgrade to iPB 3 ourselves sometime in the next few months.

You can find the code at: http://ie6update.com/

If you want to make your browsing experience that much better...Firefox is the answer...it lets you break out of the Microsoft chains many have grown accustomed to. And it is customizable...hands down POUNDS Internet Explore to the ground

Indeed, I use IE6 and almost none of the forum works in the browser, too many changes, too many changes! ;)

I use IE6 at work, but most of my browsing at work is done on Chrome. Can't be bothered to upgrade IE. I also have firefox at work ... great to have admin rights, everyone stuck with IE :p

If you are running an older version of IE, you are basically crazy! There are so many security holes in the older (and new versions also, actually) that you are literally begging for trouble. Always keep your software and Anti-virus updated + have a firewall installed on your computer. I would like to recommend the Secunia Personal Software Inspector from the security experts at Secunia (These people have reported tons of bugs to Microsoft and other software companies) It will scan your computer and let you know if you have insecure software installed on your computer. It doesn't recognize all software, but a lot;

http://secunia.com/vulnerability_scanning/personal/

You can also do an online scan at their website; http://secunia.com/vulnerability_scanning/online/

Just to end this lecture; Microsoft is once again breaking their regular update/bug-fix schedule today to release an emergency update to IE8 to patch a very serious bug in their ActiveX/Killbit handling that will allow anybody to run whatever they want on your computer if you visit a website with harmful code.

As I announced before the upgrade; Many features would go missing because of the upgrade. All the data for the Traders feedback is stored in case the author of the plugin decides to upgrade his software to fit with this version of the forum software.

The upgrade is also the reason you cannot reply to your "old" PM's. You will have to write a new reply for your PM if you are trying to reply to someone.

well i just didn't think it'd be something as essential as trader feedback though but its ok since i had less than 10 points to my name. Thanks for the clarification nonetheless !

I thought I posted something and it bounced back empty. I have a new pc with Vista so it should work fine right?

Shouldn't be any problems using it on a Mac, although I have not tested it with safari. As you can see at the bottom, the pages are usually generated in less than 0.5 seconds and we are on a gigabit connection with the ISP, so there should be no reasons for it to be slow...

Yesterday IE 8 worked great. Today, on three different computers running IE8 the forum ground to a halt-- it just hangs and takes forever to download all page elements. It would be interesting to know what features that were added between yesterday and today are causing this problem.