When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

1680...finally!

Omega

I've modded so many watches for other members, finally I finished my red 1680! Usual jobs are done like CG's, bezel shaved, caseback, new crystal, reluming, gen tube & crown, lugholes drilled, gen ETA 2836 (will be changed for a 2846 soon). Also is a gen insert snapped in...;)

I am still waiting for the gen 93150 bracelet to arrive, and the watch is complete! After getting it, there will be some nice pics...promised!

:wub:

EDIT: Oh, I forgot to mention - it is a MBK!

0bf5b760.jpg

Great watch Bobby and i know in person how you can modd watches in fact i'm wearing my MBW SUB 16610 while i'm typing this message.

Where did yo find that nice red dial ???

Now i'm doubting again if i have to change my white to red again :wounded1:

Show us some more pics when it ready.

Wear it well.

Carpe Diem

I am still waiting for the gen 93150 bracelet to arrive, and the watch is complete! After getting it, there will be some nice pics...promised!

That is a masterpiece Bobby.

I like it very much and yes the dial is amazing :thumbsupsmileyanim:

I think the bracelet will be fitted to the watch tomorrow ;)

BTW, on this one the movement was from a GMT master, so I used the sleeve-gears like they are - a little bit longer! So the hand stack is higher, like it should be. ;)

I hope that I can use the parts for the 2846 movement, that would be a perfect addition...

Gen 93150 bracelet arrived! After 1 1/2 hours it is completely overworked and it looks like new! The only I need to arrive now are the springbars. The mounted ones are too short, 'cause I cutted them for another vintage project with a very thin case. They new sets should arrive these days I hope... ;)

But here some nice pics, enjoy:

7ad47efc.jpg

e7fd89df.jpg

8f4514a9.jpg

90bc9d42.jpg

edb39ccf.jpg

d37fa77e.jpg

9fb42393.jpg

3a604023.jpg

Wow! Nice job! A real beauty.

You should have no problem swapping the parts from the 2836 to the 2846. They are practically identical movements with the exception of the beat rate and the hack feature. It is fairly easy to install the stop (hack) lever in the 2846 so it hacks. Just order one from your supplier (part 9433), or just remove it from the 2836.

Now if you really want to get it gen-like, remove the date corrector gear and install a two position setting lever. This way you will have a two position stem and a non-quick set date! But, we all love the convenience of a quick-set date.

Again, very nice job!