When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Watch size

andreww

So I'm in line at the bank today and I notice the guy next to me is wearing an old style SMP Chrono. On close inspection I notice the pearl is too low, it's a rep like the one I have. Thing is, the dude is roughly my size, yet the SMP looks big on his wrist. I always feel mine looks too small when I wear it. I guess my avengers are just making the SMP feel small, but why does it look so big on someone elses arm?

Naw, I feel the same when I look at the SMPs in the AD window. They just seem bigger than mine. Obviously they're not, but for some reason my mind just perceives it to be. Got it on now and it just feels "mid sized" to me, looks big on everyone else though.

Pfffft! Buncha girly-men. I wear 37mm watches and DARE anyone to say anything but peaches and cream about 'em to my face.

But seriously, isn't there a mid-size SMP? Maybe that's all there is to this mystery?

Pfffft! Buncha girly-men. I wear 37mm watches and DARE anyone to say anything but peaches and cream about 'em to my face.

But seriously, isn't there a mid-size SMP? Maybe that's all there is to this mystery?

What a Man.. :unsure:

I did come across a lower grade rep .. the case was a little bigger.. but I still think the watch .. no matter gen. or rep. looks different at arms length .. than any other angle..

L

Yeah there is a midsize SMP but not of the chronograph. They're all full size.

The diameter of the SMP Chrono isn't big, but the watch wears pretty big because it's thick and bulky. I would say it's a "big watch" although the actual diameter isn't.

Gigantic, oversized watches have changed the whole definition of "big". People call 40mm "small" these days which is just wrong, imho.

Personally, I like my 45mm Ebel BTR but that's already pushing it. 49mm Super Avenger is just too much. And it has nothing to do with the wrist size, it's a balance issue for me. I'm a photographer and aesthete. :D

Went to a very competent AD, who insisted that I wear the watches and look at myself in a floor to ceiling mirror, before buying.

It was a very intresting excercise and really changed how the watches looked.

So when some day I will have to thin out the collection, the big mirror will assist me to decide which to sell and which to keep.

This was fascinating, as I've had the same niggle.

I have a black face gen SMP 300 (non crono).

When I wear it it feels small.

Guy at work has the same, though a quartz version. I'm bigger than he is, but roughly same wrist size.

His SMP looks much bigger. Especially the speedy bracelet. I have the same. It's 20mm lug down to 18mm clasp. On me at arm's length, it feels small now.

But seeing his it looks big.

When I wear my gen 45.5mm PO, I still compare and feel his SMP looks big.......

I even phoned Omega to see if there was some special versions of the SMP made bigger. They said "no" in a 'don't be silly' way.

The full size is 41mm ex. crown. Period. All the same.

BUT - I still have this crazy niggle that my SMP looks small.....

Nuts right??

So I'm in line at the bank today and I notice the guy next to me is wearing an old style SMP Chrono. On close inspection I notice the pearl is too low, it's a rep like the one I have. Thing is, the dude is roughly my size, yet the SMP looks big on his wrist. I always feel mine looks too small when I wear it. I guess my avengers are just making the SMP feel small, but why does it look so big on someone elses arm?

Mmmmmmmmmmmmmm......its just like with penises.....if its exactly the size of your own penis it always looks bigger on the other male...

;)

Just because he is roughly your height and weight doesn't mean he has the same size wrist. Three are people bigger than me with smaller wrists.

This was fascinating, as I've had the same niggle.

I have a black face gen SMP 300 (non crono).

When I wear it it feels small.

Guy at work has the same, though a quartz version. I'm bigger than he is, but roughly same wrist size.

His SMP looks much bigger. Especially the speedy bracelet. I have the same. It's 20mm lug down to 18mm clasp. On me at arm's length, it feels small now.

But seeing his it looks big.

When I wear my gen 45.5mm PO, I still compare and feel his SMP looks big.......

I even phoned Omega to see if there was some special versions of the SMP made bigger. They said "no" in a 'don't be silly' way.

The full size is 41mm ex. crown. Period. All the same.

BUT - I still have this crazy niggle that my SMP looks small.....

Nuts right??

Its crazy isn't it? The SMP on his wrist seemed to have about the same presence as the Chrono Avenger that I was wearing. This guy was a black fellow, and everything is bigger on black guys, as we all know :p

When I arrived here at RWG my biggest watch was a 42mm. I thought anything bigger than that was just silly big :huh: I purchased my first Pam and my prespective was changed for ever. There has been some great articles about big watches lately. Some think there a fad, some think there here to stay. I personaly like a bigger watch at times, although I have only a 7 1/2 in wrist. I just received my SA from Asian7750 yesterday. I can honestly say that "I wont go any bigger than this" DAM this thing Is big, not only that but a thick beefy sob as well. I was In line at the local walmart CS desk about a month ago. This guy behind me was wearing what looked to be a Invicta Venom, not a bad looking piece. It had to be at least 52mm and 20mm thick. This watch Imo just looked silly on this person. We talk about the size of the wrist but I think the size of ones hands Is even more significant. When a person Is wearing a really big watch It looks out of porpotion to the rest of his arm when he or she has small hands. The bottom line for me Is that If I like the way the watch looks and feels then I have made the right choice for me. Thanks for the topic. :) Mike

Andrew.. Yesterday whilst in the gym I looked at my wrist in the full length mirrors..

(since I'm not quite up to speed with the weights yet, I don't even suit up in gym clothes.. so I wear my Ubifranken Snowflake)

It actually looked a lot bigger on my wrist than viewing it at arms length.. and as you know the snowflake is not a large cse set.. I was actually surprised at how big it appeared..

L

docblackrock

Posted Today, 04:08 AM

TOOOoooooooo Funny !! :rofl: