When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Doxa 300 NT fully loaded !

lanikai

DOXA 300 NO-T

I need to start this thread with a big "MAHALO PLENTY" to Arthur and Nanuq.. without your support and this community's Aloha,..this would never of happened !!!

It is with sincere gratitude that I say this..the EXUBERANCE from my friend at the AD when I walked into his store today was like the saving of the Western World just took place.!!!! (close).. it was a time of Pure :D Joy..

The bezel is fully functional, the parts to make that happen was fabricated,.. the last click is cool.. it's like a .25 percent of the full click to align it perfectly with the 12..the surgery was a success and the 300 NT lives again in all it's glory!!!!!!!!!!!

See for yourselves...

Remember this ?

doxa300androlexmigraussk.jpg

And now the 300NT..

doxa300064.jpg

doxa300030.jpg

the proof is in da book, not only does it fit...

doxa300033.jpg

doxa300019.jpg

Perfect

doxa300022.jpg

doxa300023.jpg

doxa300024.jpg

doxa300026.jpg

doxa300050.jpg

doxa300049.jpg

doxa300040.jpg

doxa300041.jpg

doxa300044.jpg

doxa300046.jpg

doxa300059.jpg

doxa300048.jpg

doxa300032.jpg

doxa300031.jpg

doxa300061.jpg

doxa300065.jpg

doxa300067.jpg

thank you for viewing :D

I'll be posting this ova there with a special thanks to "Nanuq" and A. (to keep him anonymous.. :good:

AC

Lani

God Bless that is INCREDIBLE!!!!!!

A deserving wrist is it's home and as a community.....the people said.....AMEN!

Congrats......now I hate you more :drinks::clapping::thumbsupsmileyanim::victory::Jumpy::good:

so give me that Tennessean home grown drawl...."it's laake .. Maaaggiiic".. :lol:

thanks K.. the endorphins are flowing today.. natural high :bounce:

AC

Lani

Just wonderful R!

So did you have it tested as well?

With a working bezel, you could go and blow some bubbles with it.............

something around 150' would be a good starting point!whistling.gif JK.

However, what if anything else was done? Service? If so, what was it like inside?

Seals, and did you replace or retain the originals?

I will be really interested to know the strategy you adopt to keep this "original"

Offshore

Holy---! Too much for mere words. Absolutely amazing that you have a bezel that not only fits, but works!

You better go and get yourself a lottery ticket...

:lol:

I just showed Jess- She LOVES it! She cannot believe the transformation... And neither can I!

Enjoy that beauty, buddy! It's much deserved! And big kudos for P153 and Nanuq! What a great community :)

Thank you OS..sheesh the deepest I've been is 250 give or take.. :black_eye:

No, didn't want them to open the case .. if it is open it will be by Ziggy and no one else.. :thumbsupsmileyanim:

To keep it original ?? do nothing :lol:

Ubi.. yuppers this community is solid as a rock ma tsukemono Bro !!!!!

Jess musta freaked.. :lol: ..miracles do happen..

you can tell the kids that this is older than their Dad.. I could hear them..... WOOOOOOOOWWW :lol:

Doxa on one wrist .. Ubifranken on the other today..

AC

R

Lani,

I couldn't be happier for you. When I saw those photos, it was like seeing your baby for the first time (Well not quite, but you know what I mean)

It is so nice to see that bezel being used on a really beautiful watch. As I told you in our initial conversation, it's such a crap shoot with Doxa parts, you just never know until you try. Glad your watchmaker was able to get the spring right so the bezel functions like it should. I believe your watch looks better than the 300 Pro in Dr Pete's book. It is outstanding.

The Zigmeister will know what to do with it, he restored several of my Doxas including the Pre 300 that's in Dr. Pete's book. The main thing, and now I sound like and old mother hen! Don't do too much. So many nice vintage watches have been "Desecrated" by owners who decided they needed to have the indices superlumed, and consequently, destroyed the value of the watch.

Just to let all the forum members know, if you have a 300 No Date, Lani has another bezel of mine that is identical to the one on his watch. I had two of them and never had a Doxa they would fit. It's new old stock just like this one.

Congratulations on your new baby!! Looks like we need to light up a celebratory cigar for this one.

Arthur

Lani,

I couldn't be happier for you. When I saw those photos, it was like seeing your baby for the first time (Well not quite, but you know what I mean)

It is so nice to see that bezel being used on a realy beautiful watch. As I told you in our initial conversation, it's such a crap shoot with Doxa parts,you just never know until you try.Glad your watchmaker was able to get the spring right so the bezel functions like it should. I believe your watch looks better than the 300 Pro in Dr Pete's book. It is outstanding.

Just to let all the forum members know, if you have a 300 No Date, Lani has another bezzel of mine that is identical to the one on his watch. I had two of them and never had a Doxa they would fit. It's new old stock just like this one.

Congratulations on your new baby!! Looks like we need to light up a celebratory cigar for this one.

Arthur

Your EL's are on their way Arthur.. the first one you fire up will be in honour of your kindness and support, got another one on the way...just won the Divestar.. it went for a little more than I thought, but now the 300NT has company with the 300T..!! if you want to part with the second bezel I would be happy to oblige the divestars bezel is pretty mangled.. no big though :D

so the pic of this bezel in Dr. Pete's book is now verified as he stated it was in question..so that one is cleared up..

thank you again A..

I'll be in touch :victory:

AC

R

Sweet JESUS!!! :notworthy:

I'm just... It really... if I've EVER... it's got to be... GAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHH!!! :Jumpy:

Words fail me, Lani ... that's seriously got to be the handsomest watch I've ever seen. It couldn't have gone to a nicer guy. I'm so happy for you! :tu:

Woowwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww!!! :drinks:

Like I said, it couldn't have happened to a nicer guy. I love your description of walking in to the watchmaker's place and his utter joy at the outcome. This Doxa just has a real magic about it! And doesn't it wear niiiiiice?

Congratulations Ma Brotha.

Now let's see that DS when it shows up! :tu: A little birdy told me you won it... :whistling:

Thank you again B..

my friend Lin is a character.. you all would love the guy.. he keeps repeating that he could kick himself.. for selling his Doxa collection.. the way he converses with watches .. he charges me very little .. I guess it breaks the same ole customers that can't relate to his collection.. I'm looking for a 5580 assortments of parts for him..

he got just as excited seeing my Ubifranken.. and freaked when he saw the dial was NOS.. I told him , I should get a Vietnamese case for it.. (he's Vietnamese).. he told me... "No,.. no,.. don't do that"..leave it.. leave it...,..and he's ranting for me to trade my bubble back since he has another dial for it... maybe if he can source me a gen case I would consider it... first time I wore any franken into an Ad.. but this was different.. since he knew about the piece to begin with.. I was wondering how long it would take for him to drool over the dial.. :lol:.. it was the best hand shake I"ve had in an AD's shop when I left today.. :lol:

the little bird was correcto mundo.. the yellow dial is on it's way to Hawaii.. and the 2nd bezel already has a home..

btw.. the otha place's mod posted really fast.. "so you took a gamble and it paid off big time",...... sorry to burst your bubble guy's (over there) but it's all done...

No place like Home... :yeah:

AC

R

Boy, Lin sounds like a great guy. I've got a friend like that in Seattle, he's a Rolex certified watchmaker and he's amazing. I went in with my 6536 the first time it ever needed anything done, and he oooo'ed and aaaaaah'ed over it, then he checked its serial number, and guessed "August 1958" for its age. Then we looked it up, and he was right. :shock: We opened the back, it was engraved 4th quarter 1958. Amazing.

Men like that aren't just watchmakers, they are artisans. They're artists just the same as a DaVinci. What they do far surpasses the technical and becomes... art. Your bezel for example, it aligns at PRECISELY 12:00. Was that easy? No, I know how those things are built. He slaved over that. And in the end, he was so excited to see your response to his art! I put Ziggy in the same category. Any fool mechanic can tear a watch down and reassemble it and make it tick. It takes an artist to make it live.

And that's what you have there, ma brotha. You've pulled that beauty back from the precipice and it lives on. Well done! :tu:

I just tried a login "over there" and guess what? I'm no longer banned! Not an outcast! Not the Pariah from the North!

I'm so happy with how this has all played out... so glad for you, ma brotha.

:tu:

I just tried a login "over there" and guess what? I'm no longer banned! Not an outcast! Not the Pariah from the North!

I'm so happy with how this has all played out... so glad for you, ma brotha.

:tu:

:rofl:

my first thought is... ahhaaa.. you guy's figure you need Nanuq, .. thinking he can help ya source parts do ya ???? for those impossible to get items.. :Jumpy:

that is predictable..

but this is an all around win~win situation..

the gate being opened for you again, made my day Brah !!!!!!it's all good in the neighborhood :D

can't stop looking at the 300 B... each tick of the second hand next to the bezel is pure beauty.. :p

have a good day B

AC

R

Thanks R, for everything!

Aren't those thin-case vintage Doxas just amazing? They ride so low, they're so comfortable to wear, it's my #1 go-to watch now. I wear mine more than anything else.

Well, jeans and sneakers too. :whistling:

Hey, post up some photos of your thin little 300 next to the mighty T-Graph Pro. I bet it's what, half as thick?

PS: whadja think of LilRedDivingHood's Black Lung? Pretty sweet eh? I sold him the Beads of Rice he's got it on.

PPS: I'm planning on a trip to the post office this weekend to get your endlinks in the mail. Gotta get the huskies fed and the sled greased.