When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Let's see your Rolex DateJust and Date!

Stephane

love them - got most of them pretty cheap - 600 to 800 Euros ;)

the dial is nicely aged and faded - i think 1963

DSC02603.jpg

a little younger :

DSC02493.jpg

cheap Franken :

DSC_2384.jpg

old rocker :

CIMG2563.jpg

perfect condition :

CIMG2497.jpg

TOG - stone age - pre Tritium ;) wrong bezel ..

aprturnograph055.jpg

cheers,

Frank

Beautiful watches!! I'm afraid I have to recycle the same old photos.

I liked this rep although it wasn't very accurate (if a white gold DD can even be accurately replicated). Way too small watch for me but my girlfriend (now wife) posed with it. :)

IMG_0435.jpg

IMG_0433.jpg

77.jpg

That's lovely, TeeJay :)

Any more info on it? Is it a gen dial? I've never seen it before!

Thanks indeed :) The watch cost £26, if memory serves, and the dial is simply a layer of vinyl with a woodgrain finish :) I removed the dial markers, applied the sticker, poked holes with a pin for the markers to re-attach, and that was the result :) It should've had the full complement of Roman numerals, but one of the markers snapped, so I had to improvise/compromise on the design :)

Hey guys, it's cool to see all these beauties.

I'm surprised to see so many of them.

It means I'm not totaly insane wearing a 36MM or a 37MM (DJ or future JLC). :Jumpy:

In the end, it's only few MM less than a sub and a regular Pam, isn't it. :bleh:

These classic watches, or "normal" sizes, will last forever where the 45MM or even more will not survive that long in my opinion. =@

I'll do my best to post some DJ threads in the near future, it's a matter of time though, as my life is quite busy at the moment.

In the meantime, here some pics of that incredible 16013 full set to keep the thread alive :D

DateJust16013_800_0005.jpg

DateJust16013_800_0009.jpg

DateJust16013_800_0010.jpg

Hey guys, it's cool to see all these beauties.

I'm surprised to see so many of them.

It means I'm not totaly insane wearing a 36MM or a 37MM (DJ or future JLC). :Jumpy:

In the end, it's only few MM less than a sub and a regular Pam, isn't it. :bleh:

These classic watches, or "normal" sizes, will last forever where the 45MM or even more will not survive that long in my opinion. =@

I'll do my best to post some DJ threads in the near future, it's a matter of time though, as my life is quite busy at the moment.

In the meantime, here some pics of that incredible 16013 full set to keep the thread alive :D

DateJust16013_800_0005.jpg

DateJust16013_800_0009.jpg

DateJust16013_800_0010.jpg

Thats a great catch,

An amazing price u got for that one (i can read Arabic :whistling: )

Thanks indeed :) The watch cost £26, if memory serves, and the dial is simply a layer of vinyl with a woodgrain finish :) I removed the dial markers, applied the sticker, poked holes with a pin for the markers to re-attach, and that was the result :) It should've had the full complement of Roman numerals, but one of the markers snapped, so I had to improvise/compromise on the design :)

Superb, modding is good! :tu:

I might even have been tempted to leave all the numerals off bar the rolex crown at 12, so it mimicked the plain dial posted by freddy, but it looks great as it is :D

And for £26, you can't go wrong!