When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

New DSSD Version ~ Perfect Clones

Hi, i've just read this review and definitly want to purchase this watch.

But, for now, as josh site isn't working, i'd like to know if this model from andrew ( trusty time) is the same.

http://www.trustywatchguy.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=1_8&products_id=5656

It appears to be, same specifications etc, but just wanna be sure before i pull the trigger.

Does anyone know ?

thanks

That's the one, or you can get it with an ETA movement for $20 less...

• 2 weeks later...

my watch from joshua was accepted into customs on the 10th and i still havent received it..should i be worried???

backlog.. if it is in San Fran .. they are infamous for lagging.. but the Christmas backlog put everything back a couple weeks.. and these are low priority.. just inform Joshua of the status.. so he is aware of the situation.

I mailed a priority parcel to the East coast of Conus from Hawaii and it took over 2 weeks to arrive.. normally takes 4 days

AC/L

Guest techlogik

Andrews is the same.... if Josh's site is down you can contact him perfect88clones@gmail.com ... he'll get back to you fast.. if he's not sleeping.. that is the only time for a bit of a lag..

Andrew's shtuff is good too though.

AC/Lani

Aren't they in cahoots somehow? They always have the exact same stuff.

Anyway, my recommendation. Get a new 316F. Source the bezel insert from ETZ, or whoever can get one with the proper 10 spacing and pearl. Have a darn near Gen with that.

Oh...and always get Swiss...the 3135 is garbage!! My rotor/winding mechanism just fell off the watch! haha...I was like, nice, no screws holding it on, that was after the keyless works was stuffed from the start. Modder has it now repairing, lumin and servicing it.

I'm actually on my second clasp. The first clasp literally fell apart. The inside of the claps has little grooves in it which hold 2 small pieces of metal that slide up and down the clasp to adjust. I pulled it a bit too hard when I was trying to open the diver's extension and the whole thing popped out. I was able to get it back in place...but it was never the same. Very loose. Then I noticed that the clasp hinge itself is actually 3 pieces. The tooth grooved part is actually attached via a metal bar that holds the 2 metal sides and the adjustable center piece together. One side of mine popped out of the bar and I couldn't reattach. The result was both sides fell off and I was left with just the center, metal toothed part.

I contacted Andrew and he sent me out a new one right away. This one seems to be much better...but be forewarned, don't pull the adjustment to the end and try and open the diver's extension...you run the risk of pulling the runners off each side of the clasp.

Edited by DrJerry

hey could someone explain me the problem with the 10 spacing in the current ultimate bezel insert?

thanks

the "10" on the bezel insert is not centered

dssdreview061.jpg

the genuine

20114725.jpg

I have a corrected insert that I need to verify.. if it pans out they will be available.. it would be a great fix to the insert flaw... I should have it this week hopefully.

edit add:.. the ultimate is still the best DSSD out.. just gotta take care of the insert.

other models have the correct insert but many other flaws

the "10" on the bezel insert is not centered

dssdreview061.jpg

the genuine

20114725.jpg

I have a corrected insert that I need to verify.. if it pans out they will be available.. it would be a great fix to the insert flaw... I should have it this week hopefully.

edit add:.. the ultimate is still the best DSSD out.. just gotta take care of the insert.

other models have the correct insert but many other flaws

This is my first post in a looong time. Your review haze made me come out ;)

looking forward to the availability of this new insert you are working on. I will be pulling the trigger then with this one. Thanks for all your effort.

Can't believe how fast the watch came - especially with New Years Day in the way. Anyway, I got the Ultimate V5 and all is very very good. Its been a while since I got such a trouble free no issues watch. QC, build and lum is excellent. Running very accurately with ETA movement. Andrew

This is my first post in a looong time. Your review haze made me come out ;)

looking forward to the availability of this new insert you are working on. I will be pulling the trigger then with this one. Thanks for all your effort.

the correct 10 spaced insert is >Here

• 1 month later...

My new DSSD with 316f and correct 10 arrived from Josh today. I was skeptical about the new steel, but it does appear brighter and perhaps whiter. I got the ETA vers though. No fancy pgotography here, just out in the daylight then auto-toned (auto tone only - not contrast or colour) in PSD.

Here are my comparison pics, the old ultimate (pre 316f) is always on the left and has no watch head as its with The Zigmeister! I gave them both just a rudimentary rub over with jewellers cloth.

IMG_0054.jpg

IMG_0051.jpg

IMG_0052.jpg

IMG_0053.jpg

This is an incredible rep! Thanks to Lanikai for his awesome review. My DSSD came in a week ago and has the Asian Clone 3135 movement. The watch has maintained a time loss of 5 seconds per 24 hour period - as per the Atomic Clock. I have put it through its paces and I have worn it for nearly everything including my work outs. This watch has covered at least 24 miles of running in the last week alone and it still maintains the same 5 second loss. I'm truly amazed. From the posts I had read in the past about this movement, I expected to tear the thing apart with so much activity. I have not done so thus far. I'm very satisfied with it. I'm going to get the bezel replacemente with the "Correct 10" very soon. I'm just a bit hesistant to mess with the bezel removal until I see a pictorial/instrucion as to how to do it from one of the masters on the forum.

Lani, thanks for an awesome topic (like always)!

haha, thanks Lani, and notlaw, I placed my order on february 5.

Thats not a typo, its quick to Aus.

Wow!! I placed mine Feb. 4 and it shipped on the 5th, hoping against hope that it shows up here in the US by the end of the week. Enjoy it.

One other question - how's the lume? I saw another member on here who received one of these commented that it wasn't "true blue", whatever that means. A good lume shot would be appreciated.