When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

You don't see these every day...

Guest avitt

Check this case out. Gold inlay into steel!!

post-4284-126009722318_thumb.jpg

Mini fiddy case at its best!

post-4284-126009725695_thumb.jpg

I'm not into this contemporary dial and hands though.

post-4284-126009723791_thumb.jpg

I would expect something "mythical" as well.

I found the price of $5985.00 USD plus shipping, too high for what it is: a mini fiddy style watch, with Swiss 2824-2 movement, an amazingly engraved case with strong character and a rather dull dial and hands.

Woooooooooow. I'd have to take a whole day off from everything once that came in. No showers for a week because I wouldn't take it off- I'm so glad I have a huge monitor to admire this with! :)

:lol: Thanks!

I have to admit that the anticipation of this piece was palpable. There's a 3 month waiting list for Magrette's engraved watches, and each of these took the engraver 3 weeks to complete...

I'm not into this contemporary dial and hands though.

I would expect something "mythical" as well.

I found the price of $5985.00 USD plus shipping, too high for what it is: a mini fiddy style watch, with Swiss 2824-2 movement, an amazingly engraved case with strong character and a rather dull dial and hands.

I also was a little put off by the simplicity of the dial, at first. Then I began to realize that the dials are in keeping with the nautical origins of Magrette...a brand which makes its home in the "City of Sails". Also, I think that the simple dial creates a sense of balance with the ornateness of the case.

With regard to the price: Magrette sells the "base" watch for about $350. So this becomes, essentially, a $350 canvas, onto which the engraver creates a work of art.

This makes the premium about $3500, for 3 solid weeks of work by Andrew Biggs, an renowned engraving artist, to producing a design which I personally find to be captivating...

You may say the $3500 for this work is too much, but it could be easily argued that the price could be twice as much!

kupe-14.jpg

Very nice Avitt..

the Maori engraving closely resembles the Hawaiian heirloom jewelry.. actually exactly mirrors the engraving..the bezel end interesting..

beautiful piece .. hand engraved, I may get my cousin to engrave a bezel after viewing this piece..

the tribal Maori tattoos are awesome..

thanks for the pics

AC/Lani

This is your opinion~ Obviously there are watch nuts that are more than

willing to pay the price. You are paying for a custom engraved hand made

piece, and yes the price is very expensive..

What isn't expensive that is top quality. We are selling Custom Reps for over

$1000...

Just my 2 cents..;)

MM

Very nice Avitt..

the Maori engraving closely resembles the Hawaiian heirloom jewelry.. actually exactly mirrors the engraving..the bezel end interesting..

beautiful piece .. hand engraved, I may get my cousin to engrave a bezel after viewing this piece..

the tribal Maori tattoos are awesome..

thanks for the pics

AC/Lani

Thanks Lani!

I'm looking forward to wearing this with my Olukai's :thumbsupsmileyanim:

img6697q.jpg

some friends have the tribal markings done in their country.. beautiful work as well as buddy's that go home to Samoa for special ceremonies and tattooing when they are elected to be Chiefs.. when women get the the distinction of tattoos; for every time they show pain when being tattooed, a marking is made cutting off the design.. my friend has not one marking on her leg that breaks the design..

the painful part comes when they go into the ocean to scrub the healing tat..that in an of itself takes courage.. :lol:

beautiful Polynesian designs and patterns in the Hawaiian culture tell of your families history..

but it's the first time I've seen such a exact comparison in the "leaf" engraving.. the Hawaiian Heirloom design came when the King and Queen from Hawaii visited the Royals in England.. a Hawaiian heirloom bracelet was made for the Queen here upon her return.. the engraving is very much a part of Hawaiian jewelry design.. I have a ring that resembles your engraving.. interesting.. :good:

AC/Lani

some friends have the tribal markings done in their country.. beautiful work as well as buddy's that go home to Samoa for special ceremonies and tattooing when they are elected to be Chiefs.. when women get the the distinction of tattoos; for every time they show pain when being tattooed, a marking is made cutting off the design.. my friend has not one marking on her leg that breaks the design..

the painful part comes when they go into the ocean to scrub the healing tat..that in an of itself takes courage.. :lol:

beautiful Polynesian designs and patterns in the Hawaiian culture tell of your families history..

but it's the first time I've seen such a exact comparison in the "leaf" engraving.. the Hawaiian Heirloom design came when the King and Queen from Hawaii visited the Royals in England.. a Hawaiian heirloom bracelet was made for the Queen here upon her return.. the engraving is very much a part of Hawaiian jewelry design.. I have a ring that resembles your engraving.. interesting.. :good:

AC/Lani

That's something I hadn't heard about Maori tats, do you have any photos which give examples of the 'design breaks'? I would love some traditional Maori ink, but I don't know how well it would go with my Japanese plans :pardon: