When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Eyeglass suggestion

Rolexfinder

Depends on the sort of style you are looking for. Do you want metal/wire frame style or more of the Buddy Holly/Plastic style frame? Or for something completely different (and expensive), check out the Chrome Hearts glasses. They make a lot of sun glasses, but they do also make frames for regular eye wear

I wear Swiss made 'eyephorics', the BEST rimless frames around. They weigh 2 ounces. No rim and feather light. I highly recommend this brand. Not cheap, but last for ever and are hard to damage.

Next... I recommend Armani frames, again..not cheap but the quality is unsurpassed.

Next 'Oliver Peoples'. Classic frames. Again, not cheap.

For middle of the road pricing, try TAG Hueur, or Calvin Klein. They both make a variety of mid ranged priced frames...very contemporary.

The cooloest thing about the Swiss made 'eyephorics' is that they have a really nice variety of custom len's, and offer the customer the option of designing your own lens shape.

Many high end opticians have catalouges for this brand.

Ask.

Cartier wood temples have served me well for years. Probably the most well made frames I have ever owned.

DSC00484.jpg

My secondary pair are rimless platinum Fred lunettes.

DSC00061.jpg

Right now I am sporting my Philippe Charriol titanium full rims. A bit less pricey.

If you want to go all out a pair of these may do :thumbsupsmileyanim:

diamondeyeglasses.jpg

I.C. Berlin are another great looking brand. Super, super light and very durable. The arms are designed to snap away from the frame. My old glasses were black metal and they were super comfortable. I keep them as spare glasses now. Currently sporting Oliver Peoples Titanium frames. Again, super light and rimless bottoms. Nice and clean and understated.

I.C. Berlin are another great looking brand. Super, super light and very durable. The arms are designed to snap away from the frame. My old glasses were black metal and they were super comfortable.

+1

I.C. Berlin is the way to go IMO.. I have a pair of the model "Anthony" in matte gun metal colour.. Awesome, super comfy, light weight frame I must say.. :thumbsupsmileyanim:

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

As many of you know, I was an original member of TRC, and indeed, I was a co-founder of its predecessor and the originator of the concept of establishing a place for replica collectors. It may sound like bragging, but I came up with the idea that buying fake watches was a hobby that is no different than collectors of pens, autographs and other interesting things--and I coined the name "replica collector with a dealer named Andre whom I met when he used to sell replicas on the old Yahoo auctions. Therefore, I have a sentimental interest in RWG and its members.

When I saw this post about eyewear, I realized I have something to contribute to the members here. As a part owner of FOCUSERS.COM, I often give discounts to my friends, and consider them as beta testers. I ask only that they post somewhere on the web an honest comment about FOCUSERS.COM in exchange for the discount I arrange for them.

FOCUSERS.COM designs and makes its own frames, and it has highly qualified, licensed opticians who do the lens work. I could add photos here, but I think you would be missing an interesting shopping experience if you did not visit the web site.

If you do go to the website, or call the toll-free number, either insert in the text box, or tell the operator the following: "GG RWG = 25% full discount" and I will make sure that you receive a deduction of 25% off your bill for frames and lenses.

Our frames and rimless models have been selling on-line since 1999, and we have a positive customer satisfaction rate of almost 100%.

Here is a tip: if you enter the joke and slogan contest, you can earn an additional discount.

Ironically, we do not compete on price, but rather, on style and quality. But with these discounts, you could not get a better bargain.

Edited by vilan

• 4 weeks later...
  • 6 months later...

Go to a boutique store. Try on a bunch of frames that you like. Write down the model number and specs of the frame that you like the most. Search for it on the net and a hugely discounted price and order the frame. Then, go to a LensCrafters or whomever and get them to make the lens. I saved about $500 this way.

• 4 weeks later...

I hope you realize that most eyeglass frames are made by just one or two companies (shades of the Swiss watch and luxury goods conglomerates). Even the quintesentially all-American Ray-Ban is made in Italy (found this out when I needed a replacement temple for my Daddy-O sunglasses).

For my regular eyeglasses I just got an Armani frame, which I am very pleased with. My previous frame, which was surprised to learn I hadn't replaced in almost 10 years, was from Flexon, which is titanium and virtually indestructable.

I wear glasses full-time and can't really understand why people compromise on looks and quality on their eyewear when it becomes one of your most defining fashion accessories -- then don't flinch at spending $100 or more on a shirt or pair of jeans that they might wear once every two weeks and replace in a year.

• 4 weeks later...

I second the Oakley. They make some of the best prescription eyeglass frames. Next is Prada, and Armani

• 3 weeks later...