When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Friday Weekending W>C

lanikai

Black Tona6263 today:

blktona6.jpg

6263wrstps1.jpg

6263bw.jpg

Happy Friday everyone!

Taking a leaf out of your book today, bro B) This project's going to be a winner once it actually tells time :lol:

DSCN2756.jpg

I've re-enameled the bezel scale since the last outing B)

DSCN2741.jpg

Other than that, I'm wearing my 6200-homage :)

Taking a leaf out of your book today, bro B) This project's going to be a winner once it actually tells time :lol:

DSCN2756.jpg

I've re-enameled the bezel scale since the last outing B)

DSCN2741.jpg

Other than that, I'm wearing my 6200-homage :)

Looking good Amigo! I got another one cooking, albeit with some sad story behind it! Parts are starting to arrive, but will start the movement/dial/hands assembly today! Just waiting for the Xtal then I'm good to finish! Should be here tomorrow!

Here's where it starts!

a7750nos.jpg

a7750nos1.jpg

dialmore.jpg

Looking good Amigo! I got another one cooking, albeit with some sad story behind it! Parts are starting to arrive, but will start the movement/dial/hands assembly today! Just waiting for the Xtal then I'm good to finish! Should be here tomorrow!

Here's where it starts!

a7750nos.jpg

a7750nos1.jpg

dialmore.jpg

Thanks, bro, all I've really done thus far is re-finished the case, but with a custom finish. As you know, I'm not one for bling, so I brushed the center links, but also the bezel. Makes it much more understated :) The trick now, will be getting a suitable movement :D I should have a day/date/24hr Daytona knocking about somewhere, but I still can't find it... I'm tempted to try and source a quartz movement, as I just don't trust the a7750s... I guess I'll just see how the project unfolds...

I'm liking the look of what you've got so far :tu: Is the white and blue dial simply a 'factory guard' dial, or was that actually a watch dial? Either way, it looks pretty cool, but of course, the Daytona dial you're going to use looks awesome :victory:

[Edit to add]

I forgot to say, I did a little lume work on the dial as well, so the markers would be more visible in the dark, as well as putting a mark at 12 :) Not as per gen, but I figure it's an improvement in functionality :pardon: