When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Is anyone here a Stickler for time?

lanikai

If it's one thing that grates my patience are people that are habitually late .. be it appointments.. or whatever reason for being "On time".... I used to keep my clocks and timepieces 10 fast on purpose.. now I tend to like them as close to COCS as possible.. wonder why??... I mean at times for me it is more a challenge to never be even a minute late if I'm meeting someone.. even for a casual lunch etc.

And definitely never late for a doctors appointment or a business meeting..there was a time when I woke up at dusk in Hawaii thinking I overslept and the sun was coming up.. mild coronary in the business I'm in..I even keep 3 battery operated alarm clocks no on the night stand but around my pillow.. I don't trust the electrical power surges that we experience with our electric company..

And it came to me that with all the watches we buy and covert.. this community as a whole should never ever be late to an appointment.. :lol:

there are those I come across who feel 15 minutes.. 30 minutes late is not a big deal :angry:.. although I don't show it outwardly.. it does bother me somewhat.. :lol:

No one is perfect and there are times that things cannot be helped.. :)

where do you fall in the category of timeliness.

I'd like to hear from you all.. B)

AC/Lani

well mate, I'm afrid I fall into the "born late" category... Don't know if it's an Aussie thing, but I always seem to be running late for everything. Must admit though, if it's something that requires someone's time, which is costing them money (e.g Dr. business meetings) I wouldn't dare waste their money/time.

Takin t easy,

mg

I am with you Lani. I am a stickler for being on time. In fact, when I was studying Japanese as a second language, I like the fact that in Japan-- If you are supposed to meet someone at the fountain in the courtyard at say 5:00, both parties might arrive early, BUT, both parties approach and meet at the fountain/meeting place at the exact time.

Considering that everything I do is all about time and precision, yeah... I'm a stickler. My watches are always within +/-15 seconds of GMT when I'm wearing them.

Here's another timepiece... a coded time source. Verrrrrrry tasty with numitron tubes. Old school meets new school.

numitron_clock.jpg

Considering that everything I do is all about time and precision, yeah... I'm a stickler. My watches are always within +/-15 seconds of GMT when I'm wearing them.

Here's another timepiece... a coded time source. Verrrrrrry tasty with numitron tubes. Old school meets new school.

numitron_clock.jpg

What is that Nunuq?? Sorry, I'm sure it's a dumb question, but I have no idea???

I like to be as precise as possible, and will adjust my watches to be as accurate as I can get them. For the most part, my time-keeping is pretty good, and if I know that something will only take me a set time to do, then I will only give myself that allotted time to perform said task: For example, a meeting in town at 2:00 PM, with a 30 minute walk, I'll leave at 1:30. However. If I'm doing something like reading close to that time, sometimes I can 'over-run' a bit and need to double-time it :whistling:

numitron_clock.jpg

Now that is awesome :tu:

Being on time is an absolute must for me. I am a disciplinarian for punctual time keeping. I find tardiness in people very irritating and shows a lack of character.

Anyway must dash.... I am late for an appointment!! :thumbsupsmileyanim:

Being on time is an absolute must for me. I am a disciplinarian for punctual time keeping. I find tardiness in people very irritating and shows a lack of character.

Anyway must dash.... I am late for an appointment!! :thumbsupsmileyanim:

:tu:

I think my problem is that if I'm reading online, it'll be 'just one more refresh', and then there's something posted which I need to respond to right there and then :lol: Of course, other than the occasional misshaps like that, I am very punctual, and I don't get in a panic over time. Wifey, on the other hand, really freaks out about punctuality, and will leave early 'just in case'... I blame her step-dad, who would insist on leaving for somewhere at a certain time, say 10:40, but actually goes and gets in the car at 10:35 and spends the next five minutes gunning the motor and bitching about people 'not being on time', when he's the one running early... :thumbdown: Fucking wanker :thumbdown:

I'm with you.

I despise people that are habitually late for everything, and I make it very clear to them. When I set a business meeting I allow a 10 minute window, otherwise the meeting is cancelled......tough luck for you. If I can be on time, so can they.

A phone call ahead is all it takes if you can't be on time and I don't think that's too much to ask.

I'm with you.

I despise people that are habitually late for everything, and I make it very clear to them. When I set a business meeting I allow a 10 minute window, otherwise the meeting is cancelled......tough luck for you. If I can be on time, so can they.

A phone call ahead is all it takes if you can't be on time and I don't think that's too much to ask.

Absolutely, a little mutual respect and courtesy is all it takes :)

Good topic Lani. Im usally running a little late, but never beyond 2-5 min. I have been working on this and Im getting better. Im not obsessive about time and I normally set my watches to my cell phone. It seems to be working. I have had know time related Issues thus far :D Mike

Lanikai:

If we should ever GTG one day, I'll try to remember not to use my "Hawaiiantime" clock for the appointment. :hi:

I think a mini gtg is long overdue J.. we have much to be grateful for, looking back at 2009..

Jawaiian time is fine for friends.. :lol:

I blame her step-dad, who would insist on leaving for somewhere at a certain time, say 10:40, but actually goes and gets in the car at 10:35 and spends the next five minutes gunning the motor and bitching about people 'not being on time', when he's the one running early... :thumbdown: Fucking wanker :thumbdown:

:lol: ... TJ.. I guess "Wanker" is what we would call "broke dick" .. that must be irradiating... I thinks I would be late coming outta the house on purpose for that one.. 8).. we can choose our friends but not our relatives.. :wounded1:

im sometimes a little bit too late often when the meeting is in the mornin :whistling::rofl:

but it depends, to very important things im very accurate of course :D and specialy in dates 8)

denz :)

At least you got your priorities straight D !!#1 :good:

I hate being late

there is this nurse that works in the same ward as me (i'm a male nurse btw) she is always late and i mean always. the problem is i feel she is just putting up two fingers at her colleagues

george-bush-snr-pic-rex-features-858484931.jpg

Those types are forever giving excuses..and feel the world revolves around them.. I feel ya.. :rolleyes:

:lol: ... TJ.. I guess "Wanker" is what we would call "broke dick" .. that must be irradiating... I thinks I would be late coming outta the house on purpose for that one.. 8).. we can choose our friends but not our relatives.. :wounded1:

It's irritating, to say the least. Stupid thing is most of the time, he's a really nice guy, it's just the passive-aggressive crap he pulls which gets on my nerves :D

It's irritating, to say the least. Stupid thing is most of the time, he's a really nice guy, it's just the passive-aggressive crap he pulls which gets on my nerves :D

you and me both brotha.. I would rather someone shoot from the hip instead of play passive aggressive jabs..

ahh I guess as parents get older they get more gnarly.. ^_^

oh dear you guys really wouldnt be amused by my time keeping then,

10 minutes late would be early for me, luckily the boss at work is a good friend and he understands and knows i get the job done if i have to stay on late etc...

i buy flash replica watches because the look good and not for timekeeping purposes, im sorry but thats an honest assesment. maybe its my age and i will mature into a true timekeeper like you lads.

Edited by bbc3

10 minutes late would be early for me, luckily the boss at work is a good friend and he understands and knows i get the job done if i have to stay on late etc...

i buy flash replica watches because the look good and not for timekeeping purposes, im sorry but thats an honest assesment. maybe its my age and i will mature into a true timekeeper like you lads.

I remember a guy I went to college with, who was constantly late for lessons and everything, including a job interview, which surprisingly, he didn't get invited for a second :D

Welcome to RWG bbc3.. I was interested in how many of us overlook the timekeeping aspect of watches.. thanks for the honest answer.. :lol:

gotta admit at times when I put on a watch that I thought was wound.. an hour later when I look at the dial I find it stopped a day before.. :rolleyes: .. how's that for attention to detail.. :whistling: