When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

New omega Ploprof 1200m coming soon....

plaifender

Haven't heard a lot of talk on here about this particular model but Andrew told me that it will soon be coming out.. also available with steel bracelet:

20177_317153639446_520849446_4798155_2618390_n.jpg

Not my cup of tea at all.. but maybe some of you chunky lovers will get a kick out of it!

(then again who knows.. my taste may change!)

Awesome watch........

Haven't heard a lot of talk on here about this particular model but Andrew told me that it will soon be coming out.. also available with steel bracelet:

20177_317153639446_520849446_4798155_2618390_n.jpg

Not my cup of tea at all.. but maybe some of you chunky lovers will get a kick out of it!

(then again who knows.. my taste may change!)

I am all over it....hope the factories do it right.

The caseback needs to have a real good, deep and crisp engravment. The orange push-button should be functional as it only indicates that you can turn the bezel (orange out) or the bezel is save for not turning (orange in / pushed)

The bezel itself should also get a decend blue lume as well as the dial.

This watch looks easy from far away but shows some nice details when you inspect it closer.

WAITING

Theo

EDIT....and don´t forget the complicated crown-safety-system :D

love this watch, but would much prefer a good rep of the original..

does the new version have the clever crown system of the original? I thought it jhust had a standard crown with a guard over the top of it?.. if it does have the correct screw out crown like the old one then it's just gone up in my list about 10x

gimme-gimme :clapping:

I had the chance to wrap a gen around my wrist recently and this watch is just pure coolness....I wish I had the funds to get one....really looking forward to the rep.

+1 for the SINNful sig above this post!

yummy

what can i say; i saw a group of asian girls with sinn written over their chests and i just had to share :thumbsupsmileyanim:

when you tried on the gen did you notice the crown/guard at all?

on the old ploprof you turn the "crown" which slides a square section of the "crown-guard" to the outside of the "crown" outwards from the case.. this square piece is actually the crown, and not the round wheel which looks like the crown..

from the images ive seen of the 1200m the guard piece around the crown wheel looks solid, like say a panerai without the lever, with the crown wheel almost fully inside it

you can maybe see what i mean about the square section of the "crown guard" in the photo below..

Ploprof-2.jpg

so the round wheel is actually the crown on this watch?..

thats a shame; i always through the linear crown movement into the seals was a clever system (similar to a panerai) versus screwing into the seal.. (spot the hydraulic system designer :whistling: )

just found this review of a gen; very interesting and great photos; shows the crown system too (which is why i initially read it)

possibly useful for comparisons once the rep arrives..

clicky

i really hope they hit this one on the head straight out the box, and we don't end up with 5 or 6 versions like some other diver watches before we get something accurate :whistling: but then there's a synical side to me that thinks "hy would they.."

here's hoping!

b :)