When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

So....did just get ripped off?

cht

I purchased a GMT from one of our trusted sellers, and much to my dissapointment, it looks like a cheap rep.

It has one major flaw IMO, a wok for a rehaut.

Their pics clearly show a nice steep rehaut.

Did I get an inferior watch or is this normal?

I paid >$250, so I didn't expect the same wokky rehaut as seen in a $40 canal st version.

here;s their pic....mmm....nice steep yummy rehaut, looks gen like. Notice the thickness of it too.

:clapping:

2editx.jpg

And here's the one I got.

dsc0033vj.jpg

Edited by cht

I have the same one.. actually I didn't expect it to be like a WM9.. although WM9 was not around when I bought this one..

if you want a better replica try something like this

gmtiiblackwhite027.jpg

gmtiiblackwhite006.jpg

or .. the white dial on the right is the gen.

gmtiiblackwhite023.jpg

perfection in the GMTII needs to go this route..

rolexfl013.jpg

but if you want perfection.. the WM9 Sub would be a better purchase.. but about double the price..or I suggest you build a franken 1675 .. tis hard to get really good GMTII outta the box..

AC/Lani

the rehaut, from that point of view, looks,like the wrong angle!, but if u want something really good, Talk to BK :thumbsupsmileyanim:

you should not get the m serial, cause the rehaut engraving (RolexRolex letter alignment are not true to the markings on the dial) at least on the GMT showing here.

but, the guy you are dealing with it Ive read he is a great guy (read, cause i have never bought from him) He will work with you on something you will be happy!

good luck!! :drinks:

well, the issue is not that it's a terrible rep, that I know.

The issue is that I did not get the watch I thought I was paying for.

Had I known it was wokky, I would not have paid over $250 for it.

The one that the seller extensively pictures shows a nice looking rep for the price.

I did contact the dealer and he said that it is normal to have it look like this.

:wounded1:

It's this one: http://perfect2clones.com/rlgs10001-gmt-master-ii-ss-blackred-bezel-swiss-eta-28362-p-103.html

It has got a bit of wokkyness about it in the pictures:

http://perfect2clones.com/images/rolex/RLGS10001a.jpg

I don't think it's as bad as the really cheapo subs, looks to be on a par with the SSD which for me is my wok tolerance limit.

If you ordered this watch from Josh

http://www.perfect-hour.com/rlgs10001-master-blackred-bezel-swiss-28362-p-2552.html

who is now perfect-hour.com, morphing from perfect clones,

you might check the SN on the case- R863693- this is what's shown in the pic, this is the oldest CN cased SN out there.

But typically not too wokky. Maybe they're using a different case now.

The problem w/ the rep market is it's anything but static- it's changing all the time.

But the only thing you can do is get back w/ Josh and tell him you're unhappy w/ the rehaut.

I don't know if he can swap it out for a more correct case or not- they may not be available.

Too bad you didn't order a GMTII from BK- with the noob case.

If you ordered this watch from Josh

http://www.perfect-hour.com/rlgs10001-master-blackred-bezel-swiss-28362-p-2552.html

who is now perfect-hour.com, morphing from perfect clones,

you might check the SN on the case- R863693- this is what's shown in the pic, this is the oldest CN cased SN out there.

But typically not too wokky. Maybe they're using a different case now.

The problem w/ the rep market is it's anything but static- it's changing all the time.

But the only thing you can do is get back w/ Josh and tell him you're unhappy w/ the rehaut.

I don't know if he can swap it out for a more correct case or not- they may not be available.

Too bad you didn't order a GMTII from BK- with the noob case.

There is no doubt now that I got an inferior watch.

:angry2:

Thanks alligoat, didn't think to check the serial.

The rehaut is really wide from the wokkiness on mine. Also note the position of the cyclops.

dsc0045eu.jpg

15658590.jpg

Mine serial is D320840.

:wounded1:

dsc0040ny.jpg

Here;s the email from him.

:wacko:

Hi,

Perhaps its the angle of the pics..

There is no new and old. Only one version of this watch is made...

Joshua

---------------------------

www.perfect-hour.com

Please place your order directly online at both websites,.. Can accept and process your Visa, MasterCard, Visa Electron, Visa Delta, Maestro, Solo, JCB Credit Cards directly. Fully automated process.

what should I do?

Edited by cht

You keep saying inferior. Other than the rehaut I see no indication there is anything defective or falling off the watch. Since they dropship everything there is no guarantee on things such as serial numbers. As Alli said it's not static. So that just leaves the movement which is the bulk of the price point. It was advertised as a SWISS eta. Is that what you got?

There's only one decent rep of this model (16710) and it's the Noob case. Same factory where Lani's black Explorer II is from (reviewed in my section). Why didn't you read the countless of reviews that I have written of the rep & gen 16710 (again, in my section)? BK can source that exact model. Maybe Joshua can too... but you ordered an inferior CN version... I agree that your watch is even worse than in sales pictures. It's wokky. But wok or no wok, that rep isn't good at all. All CN versions have the datewheel positioned way too right on the dial, which is a terrible flaw.

In the rep world you have to read, read and read... and then examine the pictures closely, make comparisons with the gen, read reviews and only THEN make the actual order.

Better luck next time!

Damn, the next oldest CN case! I've seen D320's that weren't very wokky and others that suck. Like I say, it's like trying to hit a moving target!

And of course, not to open a can of worms, but I wonder if you got a swiss eta, or an asian clone. Heck, I wonder if the 2846-2 in my new GWSD from Puretime is a clone for that matter!

Where to go? Well, what about a noobmariner GMT case and swap over the guts from Josh's watch- oh shoot, date window probably won't line up. Come to think of it, I've seen D320's w/ the date window too far right and some where it appears ok. But I tried to swap a sub dial and movt (a21j) from a D320 case into a noob this week and the DW was off- too far right!

I guess Josh won't let you return the watch??? Heck, even a store credit would be better than a watch you're not gonna wear. Take another stab a choosing a watch w/ a no-wok rehaut.

Damn, the next oldest CN case! I've seen D320's that weren't very wokky and others that suck. Like I say, it's like trying to hit a moving target!

And of course, not to open a can of worms, but I wonder if you got a swiss eta, or an asian clone. Heck, I wonder if the 2846-2 in my new GWSD from Puretime is a clone for that matter!

Where to go? Well, what about a noobmariner GMT case and swap over the guts from Josh's watch- oh shoot, date window probably won't line up. Come to think of it, I've seen D320's w/ the date window too far right and some where it appears ok. But I tried to swap a sub dial and movt (a21j) from a D320 case into a noob this week and the DW was off- too far right!

I guess Josh won't let you return the watch??? Heck, even a store credit would be better than a watch you're not gonna wear. Take another stab a choosing a watch w/ a no-wok rehaut.

Thanks alligoat, anyone else sell a noobmariner GMT besides bk?

I'll see if I can take credit and exchange it for something else.

And BT, I did some research, thanks for the salt.

By looking at josh's pics, the rehaut, thickness and steepness are on par with the noobcase, and it was also $130 cheaper than bk's, where I can trim the cg's and recess the bezel myself.

The cyclops position was not an issue in josh's pictures, and it would not be on the one I received if the wok was not there.

Here's a nice pic of the noob showing the right edge of the cyclops lining up just over the minute markers.

bknoob.jpg

If you look at Josh's pic, it is roughly in the same spot. Josh's pics have a rehaut design very close to the noob's, and much cheaper.

92355413.jpg

Seemed like a good deal to me with my limited research...

But the point being made, to me, and others, the pictures on the website are a gross misrepresentation of the actual product.

Edited by cht

The pictures are deceiving. The cyclops position on the CN cases is wrong, plain and simple. I owned this exact rep long time ago. All old-timers can verify this, it's way too far on the right, just like in that sales picture... and it's perfect on the Noob case. There is a big difference. That thick, cylindrical rehaut shape isn't present on the CN version, either (even on the non-wokky version).

Of course you can save a few bucks and get an inaccurate rep, but I would happily pay that $130 extra and get a decent one.

Though I agree that you didn't receive the exact product that was advertised. That wokky version is even worse.

PS: Not trying to rub salt, just stating the facts. I have owned more 16710 reps than anyone in the forum, it's my grail watch and believe me, I know everything about the 16710 reps. Eventually reps didn't cut it for me and I got the gen. Trust me, get the Noob version from BK... it's the only decent one.

The pictures are deceiving. The cyclops position on the CN cases is wrong, plain and simple. I owned this exact rep long time ago. All old-timers can verify this, it's way too far on the right, just like in that sales picture... and it's perfect on the Noob case. There is a big difference. That thick, cylindrical rehaut shape isn't present on the CN version, either (even on the non-wokky version).

Of course you can save a few bucks and get an inaccurate rep, but I would happily pay that $130 extra and get a decent one.

Though I agree that you didn't receive the exact product that was advertised. That wokky version is even worse.

PS: Not trying to rub salt, just stating the facts. I have owned more 16710 reps than anyone in the forum, it's my grail watch and believe me, I know everything about the 16710 reps. Eventually reps didn't cut it for me and I got the gen. Trust me, get the Noob version from BK... it's the only decent one.

Thanks for the advice BT, I will get a gen.

I guess, lesson learned, don't expect to get the watch the dealers are showing you a bajillion pictures of on their website.

Though I must say, this is a huge problem for us.

Because we base our decisions of our purchase and price point based on what flaws we can deal with on the watches we buy based on the pictures of them.

The description never says, "wokky rehaut, misaligned date wheel, wrong font, low bar in the A font, poorly fitting sels, unrecessed bezel."

We have to look at the pictures to decide!

We know a noob is a noob because we have seen pictures of them.

Now, imagine if WM9 sent you a v3 with a slightly wokky rehaut?

Would people then say, well, you should have gotten a MBW, euromariner, or a gen...those chinese reps are terrible.

Ok, enough bitching from me, there's nothing I can do about it now, except never buy from this seller again.

Edited by cht

except never buy from this seller again.

Unfortunately that appears to be the case.

Maybe we need to add to the mantra-

"First choose your dealer, then choose your watch"

Another line-

"And be prepared to sack them if you are misled"

All part of the learning process unfortunately, and just once again proves my siggy correct!

Offshore

Hmmm, something seems off to me.

I have bought several watches from Joshua at Perfect Hour and he has always sent me the best reps and high quality reps too. Shipping is fast and his service is impeccable.

In fact, I recently have an issue with a clasp on my DSSD and he is working it out with me...no problems.

Just saying something seems weird.

:mellow:

Joshua is great. It's just that this particular rep isn't. Big dealers have big stocks and they sell some worse ones too. That's why we have this forum: Read, read, read... and THEN make the purchase. Not the other way around.