When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Interesting Seamaster.

offshore

Once a month, I visit our local Op Shop, which helps one of our charities, and "get going" all the watches which have been donated during the month.

They insist I must be paid...so we have struck a deal of $1 per watch....most are just a battery, and it gives the shop nice clean running watches to on sell.

Today, as I am working my way through the stack, I come across an Omega Seamaster Quartz, which I must admit , I have never seen before. So I pop the back, yep its a gen movement, install a new battery, and away we go. It was pretty grubby, so I gave it a bit of a cleanup, put it back in the stack, and moved on.

As I was finishing, the woman who runs the shop came out to see what I was owed.

So I pulled out the Omega, and said "What will you ask for this?"....."$20"...." Gee it could be worth a bit more than that!"...."Oh no, it was donated, so we'd be happy with that"...."Well how about you don't pay me today, and I'll take this in lieu!"...."Done"

So home I came with this little gem.

post-13-126537014489_thumb.jpg

post-13-126537016331_thumb.jpg

Its 38mm, and really super thin, reminds me more of a Conny than a Seamaster.

So who can cast any light on this, as I said, its not like anything I've seen before.

Please excuse the dirty shots, I couldn't be bothered setting up, so just took them sitting at the 'puter.

Offshore