When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Opinions on this 5513 insert

seafoam

Looks nice to me. Wounder if you get the same effect when you install a Yuki pearl on the original MBW Insert...

I got the other Version from Wholesaleoutlet990 for my 1665 project (pics are made after a little bleaching ;-) )

23cde000.jpg

0e17dd14.jpg

So I think yours is a lot nicer...

Sorry for the shitty pics from my iPhone...

Edited by Gorilladame

I have one laying around for my 1680 and never installed it so i can't tell you anything about the dimensions

and if it fit's properly.

One thing which struck me was the pearl. IMHO you have to change the pearl cause it's way of.

Currently i have a gen insert on my 1680 and a PMWF with a Ofrei pearl on my 1665.

To be honest the PMWF looks real great and i don't see a lot of differences between them.

1680 with gen insert

tentjeV.jpg

fourthcloseup.jpg

1665 with PMWF

IMG_0587.jpg

beauty.jpg

And a comparison shot with 3 of a kind ( insert on 16610 is also gen )

IMG_1291.jpg

Hope this helps you to decide which insert to buy.

Carpe Diem

Cats

Seafoam, it's a given that the flat white pearl on an MBW insert isn't any good and I don't know if you can pop it out or not- my guess is you can't. Otherwise everyone would have already done it!

The WO990 insert has possibilities- you could possibly put an Ofrei pearl in there and end up with a decent insert for a little over $50. Certainly worth a try. The other option might be to try to vintagize it with some paint or something...

The PMWF insert at $65 + $7 s&h is a little pricey and $20 for the Ofrei pearl and you're up to $92- damn, if you could get a gen, it wouldn't cost that much!

I saw a 5513 insert from Clark's the other day and I can't tell if it's an all acrylic pearl or not: http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=230429181301&ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT

This might be worth checking into.

A shot of the back of your WO990 insert would be nice- looking for the pearl to go all the way thru the insert.

Seafoam, it's a given that the flat white pearl on an MBW insert isn't any good and I don't know if you can pop it out or not- my guess is you can't. Otherwise everyone would have already done it!

The WO990 insert has possibilities- you could possibly put an Ofrei pearl in there and end up with a decent insert for a little over $50. Certainly worth a try. The other option might be to try to vintagize it with some paint or something...

The PMWF insert at $65 + $7 s&h is a little pricey and $20 for the Ofrei pearl and you're up to $92- damn, if you could get a gen, it wouldn't cost that much!

I saw a 5513 insert from Clark's the other day and I can't tell if it's an all acrylic pearl or not: http://cgi.ebay.com/...e=STRK:MEWNX:IT

This might be worth checking into.

A shot of the back of your WO990 insert would be nice- looking for the pearl to go all the way thru the insert.

Good advice alligoat. I'm on a mission. thank you sir!

Yukis has the better insert the only catch is you have to buy the pearl separately... the gen can be had on the gen fora's and ebay sometimes... better price on the gen fora's though

WSO is cheap but inaccurate

Clarks has the incorrect pearl also but the size will fit the acrylic.. and Clarks also sells the acrylic pearl... theirs cannot be bleached out.. WSO and Yuki's can..

Yuki's fades the best to silver metallic.

Before I install this one and get another for my 1680 i wanted to get some opinions on this vintage insert. I currently have the standard MBW insert. This insert was cheap so i figured I'd roll the dice. looks.....ok to me. other opinions would be very welcomed. thanks.

seafoam

It looks good to me.

This is an ofrei pearl fitted to a standard MBW insert. The insert is very soft so I carefully opened up the hole from both side with small file. If you drill it and the drill catches I think you will distort the insert.

You also need to sand the insert thinner, so it goes further into the bezel, creating a small lip.

DSCN4501.jpg

This is an ofrei pearl fitted to a standard MBW insert. The insert is very soft so I carefully opened up the hole from both side with small file. If you drill it and the drill catches I think you will distort the insert.

You also need to sand the insert thinner, so it goes further into the bezel, creating a small lip.

DSCN4501.jpg

Wow man...i just love vintage "no dates".U have a jewel on your wrist.Is it really a MBW? I must have one!!!