When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

2010 Winter Olympics

stilty

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

+1 DL.. seems like the Olympic committee is spinning it (as usual).. when world class Olympians crash, in the practice run,.. you cannot say the death was due to a Rookie mistake... "12" crashes in one day of practice.. wTF od they want ??.. hitting speeds close to a 100 mph.. that is insane.

The man who designed this track is the same guy who designed the track for the 2002 Olympic games. A track that is still in use in Utah.

Back in 2002 THAT track was designed to allow sledding events to reach the highest speeds ever attained.

The Utah track was still considered the state of the art...up till this new track was designed for this Olympics.

The designer boasted quite recently that the 2010 Olympic track would produce the FASTEST times yet. TOO fast evidently. 12 crashes in one practice session? Insane...hopefully there will be no more serious accidents to mar this competition.

Pretty cool opening ceremony last night.

That's the most beautiful display of United Nations harmony R :thumbsupsmileyanim: :thumbsupsmileyanim: :thumbsupsmileyanim:

Apollo Ohno is so smooth..

You gotta love the way he just burned the rest of the field :lol:

He literally had them falling all ova themselves..

.. can't wait for his next race..

yeah, the vibe here is amazing! And C, you would have loved it here when Canada won it's first gold medal on home soil!

But, now mens hockey has begun! Canada made a great showing tonight. The first period was a bit concerning, but they sure pulled it together. Iginla with hat trick. 8-0 final. Russia is playing later tonight. Gonna be good.

I got lucky and got tix for Russia vs Slovakia on Thursday, and also tix for Germany vs Belarus on Saturday. Going up in the attic to find that German flag I got from my late Grandmother. But I wonder what if I will get some strange looks as it is an old DDR flag.

USA hockey team looked pretty strong yesterday (against Switzerland). Switzerland has very good team but USA was different class. I think they might have a good chance this time. Fast young team and many great offensive players like Parise and Kane.

yeah, the vibe here is amazing! And C, you would have loved it here when Canada won it's first gold medal on home soil!

But, now mens hockey has begun! Canada made a great showing tonight. The first period was a bit concerning, but they sure pulled it together. Iginla with hat trick. 8-0 final. Russia is playing later tonight. Gonna be good.

I got lucky and got tix for Russia vs Slovakia on Thursday, and also tix for Germany vs Belarus on Saturday. Going up in the attic to find that German flag I got from my late Grandmother. But I wonder what if I will get some strange looks as it is an old DDR flag.

ya buddy, i've been watching! looking forward to the mens hockey as it gets closer to the finals. here's a picture of my four year old son ... go canada go!

21542_307205069311_506954311_3315742_6535125_n.jpg

Nice one! Good to see him in his home colors!

yeah, gonna be a great tourney. the game right now between Czech and Slovakia is intense!!

Canada is really going to have to bear down and grind one out if they want gold.

The Canadian women's team played another close one today....

13-1 over Sweden with 52 shots on goal. In three games they have out scored their opponents 41-2