When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Review - Tag Heuer Aquaracer 500m

b16a2

nice job mate :thumbsupsmileyanim:

and yes its a real nice watch, beautyful details on the bezel and on the dial.

and it looks realy solid and genlike to me, i would prefer the smp too over this one, but its a real nice alternative. the only thing i dont like is the lumedot in thebezel triangel.

and yeah the blue dial looks cool, and i think i would choose the blue one on this watch.

thank you for your review, great job mate :)

denz

Great review, thanks.

I was looking at the gens in the local AD; they look really big compared to the Link range of watches. I thought the gen Blue looked the best, but i'm not so sure about whether the rep blue is the right shade?

I also really like the silver dial and gold bezel rep - but I think its a fantasy model?

Which means that I'll be angling for the black dial rep...

Thanks for posting up the comparison shots! :thumbsupsmileyanim:

Great review of a very attractive watch.

Aquraracer chrono has very light bracelet as well. I believe it has been done on purpose (to reduce weight) as it's a hardcore diver watch, after all.

It would be nice to know how much off the blue dial on this rep is. As usual I would get the blue version if I had to choose one.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

The rep blue dial looks too rich to me.

TAG-500M-SS-BLU-SS-ETA2824-01.JPG

whereas the gen blue is a flatter almost powdery blue hXXp://media.photobucket.com/image/aquaracer%20500m%20blue/vlkong/TAG%20Heuer/2009Basel/Aquaracer500M/IMG_4100.jpg

img10533423490.jpeg

I wanted to buy the blue one SO much. But unfortunately the factories did it again... made a blue version and used completely different blue. Why the hell they always have do that? Is there some color blind fellow mixin' the blue shades for them? :bangin:

Here's the gen again... and of course the blue looks absolutely NOTHING like the rep. Why is it so damn hard?

02.0629_1.jpg

Looking at Tag's website and the above pictures of the gen.

It looks like the marker surrounds and hands on the gen black and silver/white dial are black, while on the blue dial they are steel. The reap has steel surrounds on all of the dials. Has anyone seen a gen black dial in the flesh that can say if the surrounds are steel or black?

I am really liking the black dial with the gold bezel version, but the color of the surrounds is a pretty big give away.

Looking at Tag's website and the above pictures of the gen.

It looks like the marker surrounds and hands on the gen black and silver/white dial are black, while on the blue dial they are steel. The reap has steel surrounds on all of the dials. Has anyone seen a gen black dial in the flesh that can say if the surrounds are steel or black?

I am really liking the black dial with the gold bezel version, but the color of the surrounds is a pretty big give away.

I dunno, they look silver to me.

mtr_09_0415_tag_heuer_aquaracer_500m_01.jpg

When you photograph watches with silver markers or surroundings in a light box/dark room, the markers turn to black in the pictures because that kind of silver markers reflect anything.

I dunno, they look silver to me.

When you photograph watches with silver markers or surroundings in a light box/dark room, the markers turn to black in the pictures because that kind of silver markers reflect anything.

Thats what I thought too but looking at this pic

Versionscopy.jpg

You can clearly see that the markers and hands on the blue dial are silver.I would have figured all of the pictures were taken in the same way??

Also if you look at post #5 in this thread, mojako snapped a couple of shots at the AD. The black dials hands and surrounds look pretty dark compared to the ones on the watch next to it. Kind of confusing with the way lighting plays games.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 9 months later...

What do you get if you cross an Omega SMP (general case style and bezel shape), Omega PO (dial markers), newer style SOSF (second hand arrow), Rolex Sub (magnifier) and Ulysee Nardin Marine Diver (bezel patterns)?

You get a Tag 500M! :)

Although mine is blue (off with color), it's still a super sweet watch. Thanks for the review, it prompted me getting one! Thanks Nikki!

1932c4d1.jpg