When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

God forgive me for I have sinned

Infernal

Hello. I did something bad and I feel great about it :thumbsupsmileyanim: I went today to one local jewelery shop but they sell some watches like Citizen, Victorinox and Tissot too. So I went inside just for quick check of new models. And one nice automatic Tissot got my atention. After short while the shop assistant came and started telling me how special those watches are and that they are from some special edition and on her face was that stupid smile like what the f*ck Im doing in her shop daring to look at the most expensice watches in the offer (the price was just about 1000 dollars) So I decided to leave the shop but she still continued to telling me about limited edition of that watches with that contempt in her face. And that was it I got [censored] off and just said: Yes it is interesting but I think that I will stick with my Omega and I slided my PO rep out of my sleeve ( at that time I was prety far from her so she could not recognize it is rep) You just had to see how quick she changed her expression and that look of total blunder in her face :rofl: Altrough I dont like people who present their replica as genuine, but I just had to do it, you understad me right?

It's kinda cold in Norway still, so a little flame won't do him any harm at all.

I understand you perfectly mate - there's hardly a more contemptibly annoying thing than some empty-headed shop assistant who thinks he or she has clocked you perfectly based on your attire on the day. I've done the exact same thing many a time, only not with replicas (yet), and I'll continue to do so every time the opportunity presents itself.

In any case, in a run of the mill shop selling the aforementioned brands there's basically no chance of running into anyone who knows about watches, including their own.

It's kinda cold in Norway still, so a little flame won't do him any harm at all.

I understand you perfectly mate - there's hardly a more contemptibly annoying thing than some empty-headed shop assistant who thinks he or she has clocked you perfectly based on your attire on the day. I've done the exact same thing many a time, only not with replicas (yet), and I'll continue to do so every time the opportunity presents itself.

In any case, in a run of the mill shop selling the aforementioned brands there's basically no chance of running into anyone who knows about watches, including their own.

+1... No need to prove anything to anyone.. especially if the best watch they had was a 1,000usd tissot...

Good on you!

As long as you aren't giving away details that could affect our hobby, such as this site or our dealer details, then giving a little pie-face to those who deserve it once in while can't hurt.

My mates know my reps are reps, so does my low-end watchsmith - relume for 50 bucks - woohoo! But I would'nt dare take one into my horoligist/high-end watchsmith.

I've never had to explain to anyone else. but... c'mon, peeps here don't buy them and take the logo's off.... so I reckon anyone who states they don't wear it like it real is bullsh!tting bigtime.

I sure wear em like they're real.

:)

Funny how "Sales Persons" think everyone is "Stuck on Dumb" .. used car lots.. watches.. what ever the sales item.. I don't care for "pitching".. I'll choose my items a lot of times based on the sales persons attitude or lack of it to be more precise..

Like saying a Ford won't d evaluate much once driven off the lot. :lol:

Funny how "Sales Persons" think everyone is "Stuck on Dumb" .. used car lots.. watches.. what ever the sales item.. I don't care for "pitching".. I'll choose my items a lot of times based on the sales persons attitude or lack of it to be more precise..

Like saying a Ford won't d evaluate much once driven off the lot. :lol:

I agree, If I'm shopping for something while dressed down and the assistant is giving tude or talking down, I pick their brains for the info info/details I need to know about the item... then go buy it elsewhere from a helpful/nice assistant.

I'm not taking crap/tude from from salesperson.

I've never had to explain to anyone else. but... c'mon, peeps here don't buy them and take the logo's off.... so I reckon anyone who states they don't wear it like it real is bullsh!tting bigtime.

Christ on a bike! I've been here well over a year now and I'm sure that's the first time I've seen anyone acknowledge that obvious truth. Kudos to you man!

It's not that I necessarily doubt the ones who claim to tell all and sundry that they're wearing replicas, but of the 24.284 who are members here as I write, I'm sure the percentage of "shameless rep wearers" is way below 1. :p

I disagree with MMA .. my first rep was a B&R 94-01 and people asked me if my KIDS (they are 11) got it for me as a present. no one can wear a B&R rep day to day and expect anyone to recognize it as a multi-thousand dollar watch. My grandmother asked me if I got it at Target!!

I bought it becasue I loved it's look.

Oops I didnt wanted to start some flame post sorry for that.

Just for the record I wear my rep proudly but also everyone around me knows that it is replica. I think that presenting replica as genuine is pretty sleazy and stupid.

There's no flaming going on here. Just for the record, I'm not saying people are walking round saying "hey, look at my rolex".

Like Agrippa^, I'm saying people 24,000 people here aren't walking around saying "hey, look at my replica".

Basically, I'm stating the obvious.

only person flamed here was the sales assistant. Good on you!!! :thumbsupsmileyanim:

I can't stand that attitude and like the others, I will only give my business to someone who is polite and friendly. It doesn't take much to show people a littel respect. If they can't do that, then I think your approach might have taught a little lesson that needed to be learned...

I hate it when people think they are better than others :thumbdown:

It always amazeses me how little most sales people know about the product there selling. I wont go Into the rep vs gen debate because It's old and has been beaten to death over and over again. What you do with your watch, rep or gen Is your business and I could care less. To put a sales person In line Is sometimes needed. They usually have a good line of BS that can work when they are dealing with a consumer who Is not properly Informed. But when that person Is Informed on what ever product that they are looking at the sales person comes accross as a Idiot, as It shoud be :) Good for you man :thumbsupsmileyanim: Mike

Here's my twopennorth. I recall last year going into a local AD to ask about the availability of a bracelet for an Oris I own, as I was there anyway I tried on a few of the other Oris models in their range and an Omega smp chrono.

THE MOMENT I put my gen smp down on the counter the saleswoman GRABBED it, she didn't ask could she see my watch, which considering I had the good manners to ask to see her goods I found bloody rude. Anyways I would have been mortified if I'd been wearing a rep ( which I wouldn't have done in the first place ) Suffice to say wore a lovely smile for the rest of my time in her store, allowing me to handle any watch she had.

No flame from me as the salesperson in the OP's case def needed taken down a peg or too.