When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Prayers to those in Chile and and big

Justasgood

Hilo harbor is getting really erratic now.. water is leaving the bay, in what looks like rapids.

we're past the time where the tsunami should of hit but the water in the harbors are acting so erratic that bigger waves may hit.. Hilo always gets it the worse...

I had to drive over the mountain this morning and the mountains are packed with cars that have evacuated the coastal regions..

it's getting gnarly.. 10 ft rise and fall in the water level.. the first wave has passed the islands.. but waves are pure energy moving through water.. so I think we have energy trapped in between the islands.. California may feel this..

imagine throwing a stone into a pond, the energy that is created is what simulates a wave.. but right now it is confusing, because the energy is not swelling into a big wave.. so is may be gathering strength for something huge.. dunno.. the way this energy is wrapping around the chain is confusing..

I just wanna go home.. since I live close to the beach they may not let us back in for sometime..

but my watches are safe..but my cigar collection is not.. -_-

I think the energy is taking it back out to open water, they way they are talking about it on the news doesn't make any sense!?

I don't think you're going to have any probs Lani, but prayers are with you and yours none the less!!

Hope your cigars make it too!!

Sixx :bones:

but it makes me real feel bad, after seeing what happend all over the world today, chille, hawaii... :( man we here in europe specialy in germany have realy luck with these things, nothing ever happand there like this... my minds are with these people, and i hope and pray it will have a good end, cause the history showd us to take things like this serios!

best wishes to all of you outhere in this regions, take care

denz

Indeed stay safe Lani, I know the east coast of Australia is still on Tsunami alert but it wouldn't be anywhere near as bad as the middle of the Pacific.

Please also save a prayer for one of our forum moderators 'Chino' who is Chilean.

Ken

Fox just indicated all tsunami warnings have been canceled except for Japan and Russia. Looking at pictures from Chile remind me of the last big CA quake as far as what it looks like happened to freeways/bridges. Probably a good thing it hit early morning - hopefully the death toll remains relatively low due to the better building standards there.

Lani,

hopefully the worst is over for you folks in Hawaii. According to the news the Tsunami wasn't as bad as predicted. Man, I hope those Cigars didn't get wet!! I know how good some of them are.

Terrible devistation in Chile. It's very surprising, but certainly wonderful that the loss of life wasn't much greater. This quake was a great deal stronger than the one that hit Haiti, but the damage doesn't appear to be as bad. Roads, bridges, homes and office buildings are replacable, people aren't. Our thoughts and prayers go out to all who are impacted by this terrible natural disaster.