When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Best everyday rep

ghosty86

Hi,

I am looking for some advice on which accurate (super?) rep is best for everyday wear (with a suit at work and also with jeans/tshirt after work)?

This will be my first rep and I have smallish wrists and am a 24 year old male.

I liked the look of the vacheron constantin overseas but heard of problems with the bracelet and I'd rather a rep I could use straight out of the box with no alterations.

I also read about the Ingy but I am worried it is slightly too big and would look silly on my wrist and I also read a comment that it was perceived slightly as an old mans watch which would not suit me being 24.

Are there any others you would recommend and also recommend the best dealer to get it from? (I live in the UK)

Many thanks in advance for any suggestions and help

Hands down, casual to dress and everything inbetween - the SOH non chrono:

spectacular and versatile rep, can fly under the radar or impress.

I agree that this is a great everyday watch

Unfortunately there Is no right or wrong answer. All of the watches above are great for everyday wear. If you have a small wrist you might want to stick with something under 45mm. The PO comes In 42mm thats a great everyday piece. The Breitling SOH Is 46mm but It's not a real heavy watch and Is not bulky.The Tag Is a 43mm and Is one of are newest reps, 43mm may be the sweet spot, not to big not to small. What I would do Is read some of the fantastic reviews that the members here have done. RWG has some of the best Information than your likly to find anywhere. Members have spent many hundreds if not thousands of hours doing research for there reviews over the years. Why not take advantage of this Incredible data base? This Is also the very best way to learn about timepieces, reps In general. So now you have a great starting point with some fantastic reps to use as a guide.I hope you decide to stick around after you find what your looking for, good luck and welcome to RWG. :thumbsupsmileyanim: Mike

PO OMEGA of some kind is suitable for everyday use

I beat the crap out of my PO daily (construction business), and also have smallish wrists. 45mm is about my max, lol.

My PO is not the super rep version, but has held up nicely so far.

I used to wear my SOSF almost everywhere... jeans and tees, slacks and button downs, sweats didn't matter. It fit in with all of them (at least I thought it did). I had a problem with the tube coming unscrewed from the case and because I only tightened it back down by hand I stopped wearing it. I have sent it off and hope to get it back in a few weeks so I can start wearing it again. Mine was a blue face swiss version on a gen rubber. While it is away I have found myself wearing the panerai ferrari I recently picked up. I don't know if I would really wear it with as much as I would with the SOSF but it is still very comfortable to wear and fits with a lot. I was thinking I would start wearing some of the other ones I haven't worn as much but that hasn't happened yet maybe it will.

my SOSF

4398586228_84599b80e8.jpg

The panerai ferrari

4363723147_4a58d73863.jpg

My pick would be the Rolex 16610. Timeless, small enough for a small wrist, and suitable for dressing up or down. My choice would be the BK/WM9 version, or if you're willing to wait until prehaps your 30th birthday, the WM9 SeaDweller (may be out by then), LOL

Also a huge vote for the SuperOcean Steel Fish .. it's perfect for most occasions. I love the Rolex Sea Dweller Deep Sea but it's too thick to fit under shirt cuffs without a visit to your tailor!

I wear a SOSF, DSSD and a 42mm Planet Ocean as my daily work watches in rotation.

You might not think that a stainless steel watch could be dressy but the way the SOSF is brushed and polished in different places makes it shimmer like a jewel.

With so many choices and different personalities and likes and dislikes..imo, you really have to take a look at a lot of brands to decide on what you'll wear on your wrist.. what may appeal me may not grab you like it does my eye.

Take a look at this thread that was posted by a member asking "what is a good collection" and you may find one that shouts out ..

A collection of different brands is fun and realistic given the pricing of the genuine ... click below

What is a good collection ?

AC/Lani

I'm going to suggest a Rolex DateJust... Dive watches like the Submariner or Planet Ocean might look okay with a suit, but at the end of the day, they are intended as tool watches, not fashion items... A DateJust on the other hand, is a much more understated watch, and is ideal for wear with a suit, and also looks good with jeans :)