When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Eagle eyes movement experts

Nanuq

The case movement clamp screw is wedged between the reverser wheels in the autowind mechanism.......oh, and it's dirty:-)

Sure looks like you're right, amazing how it could get wedged in there between the two gears.

From the looks of those gears (Rust?)possibly water intrusion at some time in the past?

"The case movement clamp screw is wedged between the reverser wheels in the autowind mechanism."

That is the screw that holds the reversers in place.

Turn it where the sharp edge goes between the reverser wheels and it holds the reversers to their posts...turn the sharp edge away from the wheels and the reversers come off the post.

Probably unscrew the blue screw and another one on the other side of the bridge and remove the whole assembly, rotor, and reversing wheels, etc.

.....which makes me wonder if the rotor bearings can be repaired. That's the salient point, which makes this a "must have" or "fugettaboutit" piece.

Nanug,

If the watch could be gotten cheap enough, a replacement movement is possible. I had The Zigmeister replace a movement several years ago in a Doxa Sub300t, the original movement was just worn out, and despite The Zigmeister's best efforts he never could get it to work properly. I found a NOS movement in a donor watch I bought on Ebay and he replaced the movement with the Doxa Rotor from the old movement and watch has worked perfectly since. Ii believe I paid about 125.00 USD plus shipping to get the donor watch from the UK to the USA.