When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

DW 571 End Links

omgiv

Hi Guys,

I just got my 571 end links that were left out of my DW case kit. The problem is that these things aren't anywhere near close to fitting the case. They are to wide and the spring bar isn't anywhere near the hole. I was wondering if anyone else that has one of his kits can say anything about them. I was wondering if his V72 and 7750 cases take different end links. I have been trying to shape them to see if I can get them closer but thought I would ask here while I take a break. Thanks for any help or ideas!!!!

Unfortunately this is a known weakness. The very first DWs had correct endlinks, though they were formed from God's Own Steel, thick as heck and not real believable. The next generation had 20mm endlinks ground down to 19mm, with a nasty gap in the middle where the 19mm last link fit into the "20mm" endlink. :thumbdown:

For awhile there were some really nice aftermarket 19mm bracelets on Ebay that had good endlinks, for cheap. I haven't seen them in awhile.....

Good luck!

Mine are the newer type, and don't fit so great against the lugs. My regular bracelet is a 7835 with 361 endlinks. The fit is good, but inferior to the 357s, which I believe are similar to the 557s.

If you want to see closeup photos of how well a 357 and a 60 fit, please check this post. 361 fitment can be seen here.

I have Spinmaster's version of DW - older version I reckon, and the rep 571 endlinks fit fine.

Not sure if this fit is defined as fine but there is very minimal gap:

P1010099a.jpg

As I have my 6263 on a bund now, I may put up the DW 78350 with 571 endlinks for sale soon.

Thanks for the link, LHOOQ! :) Good referencing!!

Thanks, Pre V! I think Spinmaster does a bit of value-added labor on those endlinks (i.e. trimming and maybe some bending), so you could factor that into the sale price. On second thought, maybe I shouldn't have said anything... :pardon:

One last thing: During one of my DW-related research sessions through RWG's archives, I read about someone using the endlinks from a Josh/Andrew vintage Daytona. The fit was supposed to be superior to DW's, and Josh (or Andrew) was willing to sell the bracelet or the end pieces separately from the watch.

Unfortunately, I don't remember if this was subsequently confirmed, and I don't recall seeing any photos of these endlinks attached to DW's -or a genuine- 78350.

Thanks for all of the replies and pictures! I checked mine and they do fit fine inthe bracelet. I did some work shaping one of mine yesterday but it still needs a lot of work. I have a couple of pictures of the way they look but don't know if I can post them from the phone but will try. Thanks!!!

3b923633.jpg

cabdbf01.jpg

mine done fit at all.. the width is ok but they need some serious trimming around the bezel area. Thats a project for another day.

dizz

Mike, these bracelets are not very accurate... I confirm, a lot of work on the endlinks. I changed for endlinks I picked up from a Josh's watch bracelet.

Josh's Daytona vintage bracelets have good enlinks and excellent clasp. The bracelet links are to thick.

DW's have bad clasp and bad endlinks, but the thickness od the bracelet links are thinner and absolutly like a gen,

I'm finishing a big tuto about building DW's with all specs infos, will launch on the other RGW board

Going through my spare parts drawer this evening, and I realized that I hadn't worn my Daytona with the DW solid linker since the time I first got it. Attaching the bracelet was a massive pain in the butt. It took a few tries to get the top half in, but I struggled a good fifteen minutes trying to get that bottom springbar to seat. I finally gave up and cheated with a slightly shorter springbar that I save for special occasions. So here are a couple of new shots to add to my portfolio of DW/endlink-fit photos:

831068550_onae7-L.jpg831068400_5SUYH-L.jpg

The fit is much better than I remembered. Protruding tips aside, the endlinks cleave to the case and match the lug's contours better than 357s. Like the 357, the DW 571s are rock-solid in the lugs; there's no play between endlinks and springbars.

831068466_mr9AN-L.jpg

On the wrist, the tips are a non-issue and the bracelet looks pretty good. But I'm a sucker for the older bracelets, so I I'll be sticking with my folded-link 7835 or -more likely- my Tropic rubber strap.

i'm the one that posted about the endlinks from joshua's "updated" vintage daytona bracelet -- they fit my dw 6263 perfectly. more info (including pictures and a link to joshua's watch) in my thread here. although it sounds some people have found that he is no longer willing to sell just the bracelet. can't hurt to ask though -- if you're a longtime customer i'll bet he will still do it for you ;)

hope this helps :victory:

deltatahoe