When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

The Official "You know who you are, and you KNOW what you've done!" Thread.

Spidey7

Every now and then a fellow member here at the RWG will do something SO genuinely kind and unexpected for us that it reaffirms our faith in mankind and renews our belief in our capacity as a community, to do good. We often thank these members via P.M, but wish that we could openly tell the rest of the community of their generosity. The only PROBLEM with that is that if one were to state, for example "I really want to thank "Member X" for giving me that WM9 Rollie, free of charge.", the end result is that poor "Member X" would be rewarded for his kindness by being deluged with P.M.s from other members asking for the same deal. Obviously, the point here is to THANK the member, not punish them.

Aww, shucks, you didn't have to this whole thread just for me ;) LOL :lol:

I have too many people to list to thank - so many people have spent time typing replies and PMs to my n00b questions and general pestering!

Thank you to everyone who makes this community great :tu: All these good deeds can only be good for the karma!!

Thanks to all who run this this place. And a special thanks to the man from the Aloha state who did me a wonderful solid that I hope to pass on in the non too distant future, once I am finally free of Uni and moved to England.

So to that brother, honto ne arigato gozaimasu!

Edited by Anguz

I'd like to thank everyone on the forum for making this the best community ever. It's been a relatively slow year for me in watches.. but a huge year for me in making contacts and friends throughout this community!

In particular I'd like to give a huge shoutout to: (in no particular order)

Nakortheblue (seriously this man gave me a new watch for FREE.. wouldn't even allow me to pay shipping)

Lanikai (words of advice from this islander should never go unheeded)

1976 (Coolest greek on the board and a free bracelet he donated)

Francisco (the best modder this side of the mediterranean)

TeeJay (great guy and got me hooked on his favorite deodorant)

Modelizer (Introduced me to an awesome band that i listen to quite often now)

swdivad (thanks for the strap buddy.. sweat smell and all! haha j.k.)

Redwatch (great convo, and he's the only person here to have seen me at my own wedding)

Anyways.. those are just a few. For anyone else I haven't mentioned.. it's not that I don't love you, it's just that i'm scatter-brained and have a bad memory! Thanks RWG!!! :thumbsupsmileyanim:

All right, spill it. You can't leave me hanging... was this his favorite deodorant? :Jumpy:

0.jpg

hahaha. no it's this one:

IMG_1276.jpg

a supermarket brand deodorant form a supermarket here in spain called Mercadona. I'm guessing Teejay forgot his deodorant back int he u.k. once while vacationing here in spain. He went to the supermarket and picked this up... then once he found out i live in spain he told me that i just HAD to go to MERCADONA and try out this deodorant... from what i gather.. he must be a pretty smelly guy :whistling:

haha

stumbled over this thread before...

today i had a closer look.

Just have to add, you guys are absolutely

right!!

Kudos @all for beeing

part of a place not only about watches

but generally a GREAT place to be

for getting in touch with almost

every kind of people!

When i first joined i couldnt imagine

that "a place about watches" or reps

would be so much fun...

Sorry i cant describe that good,

maybe its not only the information you

can get about watches and reps

here, its more "the way" things where

communicated between members that

make this place an often very comfortable

place to stay in the net!

...and of course because of some

great "characters" beeing part of the show :)

Thanxs

George

Admin.....for all you've done for me and the family here at RWG

Omni.....For showing me a generosity that I try to replicate with others

Ubi......for making me shed tears and feel honest caring and generosity

The Zigmeister....for always helping and being a true Gentleman and friend

Star....long gone but a friend forever

Red.....for allowing me to be a part of an incredible project

Jmb......for reaching out to go above and beyond when I needed your help

JoJo.....for elevating your collection and allowing me to be a part of your decisions

Lani.....for giving encouragement and a helping hand even when I don't ask

Nanuq......for being the coolest guy here and a friend I would love to share stories with

MartyD.....for allowing me to be a part of your passion

I am sure I will forget many and I apologize for doing so.

But a big thanks to all the Noobs that continue to re-ignate the passion I have had for over 30 years

I owe my life to everyone here so Thanks, and you know why.

I'd like to thank TwoTone for being the brother he is, his tireless work behind the scenes, and for hauling me down off my mountain once in awhile and forcing me to eat steak with him.

A gentleman and a scholar. :tu:

Oh, and I want to thank Ziggy for his passion and attention to detail and artistry that makes normal human beings seem like fingerpainters. He developed a sense of trust that broke the ice on my mind and gave me a time and place to FINALLY have my gens serviced. They were way overdue and he made it possible. Here's to another 40 or 50 years of use!

been thinking about this thread...and have decided that it's tough to acknowledge/recognize members that have made a difference and/or have supported me in any number of ways...i try to connect with people - thru posts, replies, pms, sales, buys...it's because RWG is a community and most members get that!...

i value friendships, laughs, concerns, harassment most of all...to me this isn't about acts of material kindness - it's about communal support...many of you have become acquaintances of mine - and quite a few have become good friends...

i thank all of you for allowing me to live, learn and give to RWG...you all make a difference!... :drinks:

R-