When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

My Franken UPO

Eton

Well, here she is...

After joining the forum at the beginning of 2009, I didn't really expect to be so taken with Reps...But at this point it's become an addiction, which has come from copious amounts of support and inspirational creations by our members. Most people purchase the UPO because it's an amazing piece out of the box and you would think it would be easy enough to leave it alone...But after seeing Ubi's franken's, which are drop dead gorgeous :shock: It's hard to resist, especially as it's one of the more affordable franken's to complete. I was definitely inspired by Ubi and Lani to complete my own franken (with the help of The Zigmeister)!

I absolutely LOVE this watch...and what's best about rep collecting is that you can try the watches out and see if it's "for you" prior to possibly purchasing the Gen down the road! I would buy the Gen PO, it's stunning and wears quite well! :thumbsupsmileyanim:

Cheers guys :drinks:

Here's the specs...

Gen Dial

Gen Hands

Gen Crystal

Gen Crown & Tube

Gen Rubber Strap & Buckle

Here's the pics...I hope you enjoy :thumbsupsmileyanim:

DSCN2883.jpg

DSCN2896.jpg

DSCN2919.jpg

DSCN2927.jpg

Guess it is, as only the UPO (which is 45.5) accepts gen parts, if I remember correctly.

The 42 PO (v4) takes gen parts as well - dial, hands, crystal and even the bezel.

The 42 PO (v4) takes gen parts as well - dial, hands, crystal and even the bezel.

Which makes it possible for the 4th gen 42mm PO to be that little bit closer to the gen as compared to the 45mm UPO.

As much as I like my UPO, I really hope the new 42mm PO in the works is going to be in the same leauge as the 'super-reps'. I think it would fit better on my wrist over the UPO.

Which makes it possible for the 4th gen 42mm PO to be that little bit closer to the gen as compared to the 45mm UPO.

As much as I like my UPO, I really hope the new 42mm PO in the works is going to be in the same leauge as the 'super-reps'. I think it would fit better on my wrist over the UPO.

I totally agree with you. I've owned the gen 45mm PO, and I always wished it was just A BIT smaller. It's what lead me to get rid of it. Strange, since now all I wear are PAMs, but something about the shape of the PO made me want it at 42mm.

Thanks for the comments! The 45 can also take the bezel but it requires modifcations...matt2302 has it on his UPO.

It is a bit larger, but that's where having both models comes into play :thumbsupsmileyanim: It's more comfortable than some other watches (ie. Avenger Seawolf) as it's not as thick nor as heavy.

Cheers :drinks:

I totally agree with you. I've owned the gen 45mm PO, and I always wished it was just A BIT smaller. It's what lead me to get rid of it. Strange, since now all I wear are PAMs, but something about the shape of the PO made me want it at 42mm.

Yes it's quite strange, I have a Skyland which is a beast of a watch, but IT looks more balanced and fits better on my wrist than the UPO.

The 45 can also take the bezel but it requires modifcations...matt2302 has it on his UPO.

I believe he has a gen insert only, not the complete bezel assembly as Ubiquitous has on his v4 42mm PO. But then its really the insert that makes the biggest difference, the UPO bezel feels and looks gen-like.

In any case, thats a fine watch you have :) I too hope to franken my UPO one day when finances are better.

• 2 weeks later...

The watch looks great. I am curious if you started out with the most expensive rep (typically about $300) or the entry level (typically $100) before you added the gen parts. With all the exterior mods it seems all that is left of the rep is the case and movement, oh and the bezel I guess.