When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Ploprof in 10 days!

prdubis

• Replies 157
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Agreed. When I get mine, telling me the time will be a tertiary function. Mine will mostly be used to pry open large beer bottles and hammer in proud decking nails.

You call that a tool watch? THIS is a tool watch.

:p

Does "tool" describe the person or the watch?

I'm kidding!

It is an interesting piece, much different than the other omegas. I'd still have to veer toward a PAM though since I don't own one yet. They seem pretty now after seeing this watch.

Dealer stated on 03/08/2010: As for the ploprof.. Should be end this month..

Dealer stated on 03/30/2010: Should be ready mid next month.

Dealer stated on 04/16/2010: It does not help if you ask every 2 weeks for the ploprof, won

They have already perfected into a 1:1 rep (as close as possible). Now they are re-engineering the effort into phases of release.

Version 1 - near perfect case but with inaccurate dial printing, poor rep lume and hands that are too short.

Version 2 - perfect dial, great lume, but with misspelling on caseback and poorly operating bezel.

Version 3 - this is the light version with cheap 21J Asian movement. This is the version with the absolute perfect case, acceptable dial and good build quality. It will be discontinued a month or two after introduction and become a sought after collector peice.

Version 4 - new "ultimate" version only available from the more expensive vendors. All details near perfect but this one will be plagued with somewhat poor build quality and the normal lack of QC.

Version 5 - the franken built by members who have a lot of cash to spend and buy all of the previous versions and combine them with any available genuine parts.

I think this is usually the release schedule now in the rep world, isn't it? Wow, do I sound like a conspiracy theorist or what :p

Cheers 8)

They have already perfected into a 1:1 rep (as close as possible). Now they are re-engineering the effort into phases of release.

Version 1 - near perfect case but with inaccurate dial printing, poor rep lume and hands that are too short.

Version 2 - perfect dial, great lume, but with misspelling on caseback and poorly operating bezel.

Version 3 - this is the light version with cheap 21J Asian movement. This is the version with the absolute perfect case, acceptable dial and good build quality. It will be discontinued a month or two after introduction and become a sought after collector peice.

Version 4 - new "ultimate" version only available from the more expensive vendors. All details near perfect but this one will be plagued with somewhat poor build quality and the normal lack of QC.

Version 5 - the franken built by members who have a lot of cash to spend and buy all of the previous versions and combine them with any available genuine parts.

You forgot the Typical Case 6: "What the heck, these flaws are so annoying. I should have bought the gen since the day one".

Dealer stated on 03/08/2010: As for the ploprof.. Should be end this month..

Dealer stated on 03/30/2010: Should be ready mid next month.

Dealer stated on 04/16/2010: It does not help if you ask every 2 weeks for the ploprof, won

But I am honest to myself.....IF they release the watch I will deffo buy it! I will only take some days longer to study the pics.

For now I put it this way: "the factory takes way longer cause they are doing the PloProf 100% at first try!"

(note to myself: believe what you like to think!) :bangin:

Theo