When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Review of the Planet Ocean Chronograph with modified 7750 (correct subdial spacing)

FROGMAN

Thanks mate for sharing your review.

However, I do not feel this watch has been so well replicated.

When I review the movement:

I found the following issues:

Chrono pushers in wrong position:

comp.jpg

AR.

Sorry i do not agree about the quality of the AR treatment. I own several reps, with chinese AR, not aftermarket, much better AR than this UPO. Too blue reflection. Not good AR indeed.

the DW is EXTREMELY sunken:

img1983aop.jpg

And, as you can see in the picture, some metal reflection is visible.

Pearl.

The pearl is still wrong.

regards,

Francisco

Edited by Francisco

Super review Frogmann and Francisco :thumbsupsmileyanim: I got this replica as well and its pretty :wub:

dublin002.jpg

granspo45mmchrono.jpg

However I think we must say that the deep date is way to deep...the only truly down side on this replica

I have also noticed that the power supply (= time it will run when not on your wrist) is less than 24 hours but maybe that is just mine, and that it needs to be serviced

All the best

Gunnar

Thanks for this review Frogman, I enjoyed reading it :) I share the same sentiments as Plaifender, I have the UPO but find it a tad too big at 45mm. Nevertheless I like it on rubber, maybe Omega need to do a 42mm PO chrono.. :whistling:

They do a smaller one but it looks more 40mmish, maybe due to its height

Gen at Basel

DSCF0826.jpg

I was looking at one in an AD the other day, strange that it is not on the omega web site though

So what to do with the deep date?

Unfortunately Francisco fix for deep date is impossible on this watch :wounded1:

Thinking about it I see two possible, but not great, solutions

frankq2.jpg

1. Would it be possible to put in a cyclops in said place.....but then I guess one would need a datewheel with smaller Date numerals on it ;)

2. or worse make a faux date by placing in just one date (glue in place so not so deep) in this position as the date function on this modified Chrono is not really usefull anyways?

Any other thinkable "solutions"?

All the very best

Gunnar :)

Thanks Frogman for the very nice review. This watch Is the reason I found RWG. I was looking at some gens on line when a rep site popped up. Well the rest Is history as they say. I passed on the first PO chrono rep because of the sub dial spacing Issues. When I saw this one I got excited. Then I saw the DW and my heart sunk deeper than the DW. ;) The first review I read was Lani's. His review just hit on a few key points with beautiful pics that gave me a very good idea what to expect. I think we need to remember that although we may have the same rep, that rep could have come from a differnt production. The PO chrono I received has good AR, one of the best rep AR's that I have. The lume on mine Is also very good for a rep. The bracelet and where the end links meet the case are about perfect. I also had to oil and sand It a bit, but It's now a very gen like bracelet. The bezel on mine Is not great but not a big issue. I wished It clicked into place little better. It keeps excellent time and everything works as advertised. Although I will have to get a crown and tube one day. I think most of these reps have the striping crown issue. I really like mine and Im going to keep It. But the SDW does bother me, the pushers not so much. I sometimes look at the watch and try to Imagine the date closer to the surfice of the dial. :g: Oh well It Is what It is and I except It for what It Is. :pardon: I sometimes think that the first rep might have been the better choice. Thanks again Frogman for your time and effort. :drinks: I also want to thank you Francisco for all the fantastic Infomation you have provided, I have learned so much from you sir. :yu: Mike

Hey FROGMAN - absolutely brilliant review.......thank you for taking the time and effort to write it up! The watch looks like a beauty!

Also great job Francisco and Gran on adding to the value of this thread :thumbsupsmileyanim: Shame about the sunken date wheel......but as they say "where theres a sunken date will, theres a way". :thumbsupsmileyanim:

Lots of information for consideration before choosing this great looking watch.

Thanks for this! Great review and much appreciated!

Also, it's good to see I wasn't the only person to get a slightly crooked 12 marker.

An interesting tidbit. The most recent gen I checked/tried on at the AD had a bezel that was slightly out of alignment. Much like some of our reps the pearl didn't align at precisely 12 o'clock. Now I wouldn't buy this particular item. If I was spending that much I'd demand that it was straight but it was strangely reassuring to note that some gens aren't perfect either...

I purchased the GEN this morning of this watch....I got a great deal at a local AD so I decided to jump on it. The catch was I have to wait on it since all they had in stock was black on black. Now, I have to sell some of my other watches before the bill comes in and my wife finds out .....LOL!