When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

You've got to love gen forums.......

woody

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Link Is not working. :unsure: OMG, my brother Is going to join one of those rep forums, :lol: . Guess how disapointed they will be when little brother has nicer looking watches and knows a [censored] load more about timepieces In gereral. That cant be good. :thumbsupsmileyanim: Mike

Now don't beat about the bush, Andy... ;) LOL :lol:

That's the sort of thread that I want to post a picture of an ultra-franken of a really rare model, or even a modded BK/WM9 v3 Sub, just to see how long it took someone to notice it was a replica lol

Its almost like when you buy a Gen you get the makers of the brand to think for you, and shut down your own brain because you have "the best" and you dont bother about anything else... Like timepieces in general

Do not know if that came out the way I wanted but.....

EDIT: When SOME people buy gens!! Not all of them *hehe*

Edited by ASCIWhite

Its almost like when you buy a Gen you get the makers of the brand to think for you, and shut down your own brain because you have "the best" and you dont bother about anything else...

Well said. Have you seen, for example, much of what passes for "art"? I can't speak for anyone else, but it sure seems like there's a lot of people that ascribe value to their "art" simply because it was expensive.

Same with watches, eh? Thinking to themselves... "I spent over six grand for this thing, so look how wonderful it is!"

Let those folks alone with their own opinions. The less they know and understand about this little corner of the watch collecting hobbies, the better off we will all be. Lets be sure to give this guys brother a warm welcome when he gets here.

Cheers B)

PS, I didn't know we were all Russian mob here :ph34r: .

Well said. Have you seen, for example, much of what passes for "art"? I can't speak for anyone else, but it sure seems like there's a lot of people that ascribe value to their "art" simply because it was expensive.

Same with watches, eh? Thinking to themselves... "I spent over six grand for this thing, so look how wonderful it is!"

Aint that the truth.

Let those folks alone with their own opinions. The less they know and understand about this little corner of the watch collecting hobbies, the better off we will all be. Lets be sure to give this guys brother a warm welcome when he gets here.

Cheers B)

PS, I didn't know we were all Russian mob here :ph34r: .

It's more like Chinese mob if you ask me......hahaha

Link Is not working. :unsure: OMG, my brother Is going to join one of those rep forums, :lol: . Guess how disapointed they will be when little brother has nicer looking watches and knows a [censored] load more about timepieces In gereral. That cant be good. :thumbsupsmileyanim: Mike

I tried the link and it still works; remove the 2 x's between h and p at the beginning, and replace them with 2 t's.

Number 1 - Hilarious that there are people over there that would prefer an Invicta over a WM9

Number 2 - I would love to answer to the Q: "what do they discuss there" A: how overpriced many gens are and how a watch actually works. Most of those guys don't know past the bezel how good or not the construction of those watches/movement are.

:)

Funny thread and very typical.