When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

2010 superocean; will it be replicated?

This one is begging to be repped for sure.....rest assured they will build it!

Rest assured?? There's plenty of watches with simple designs that have yet to be repped... and repped WELL... I wouldn't assume anything about this model.... It'd be great.. but i still wouldn't assume anything :pardon:

I just checked it on the Breitling Website and it seems that the model is a lot smaller than most of the high end reps we are used to. It sports 42mm. The height I did not see, am quite curious about its height.

It makes sense that it is smaller at 42mm.

People who like big watches will just go for the super avengers series, SOH, etc.

So this would open up a new market for breilting. (well they had previous 42mm but they weren't as nice really).

... Either way, definetly getting the rep, possibly the gen.

I would venture this will be repped soon. The design elements are not far off the current reps. They won't have to retool much to produce this watch.

Why are HBB's so quickly repped? Because most of the design elements are the same. Changing the strap or adding some printing and adding colour to the dial does not mean changing the way the watch is constructed etc.

So we have here a bit of a change in size and some colouring. If I were a rep maker I would think, "Hmm. I cam do this for $x pretty easy. But building a brand new Breitling Unobtanium will take a lot of $X and I won't get it right the first time"

Run a supply demand curve after that and baby, I will punch out yellow, green, and purple till tje Teletubbies come knocking.

Havnt yet come across this on in the AD's yet! Would be interesting to see it in reality, im still on the fence, but if I had a choice then definitely black or white on bracelet!

My guess Is that this will be replicated by the "years end" for all the reasons stated above. It not really something I would wear @42mm. I know this size works for most but Im just Into bigger watches now. That being said, beautiful watch and I hope they get It right. :thumbsupsmileyanim:

I predict this will be one of the next Supers out of our usual friends. Wondering if they will get it right/close enough on a v1 though....

Even though this is 42mm it seems to be "thin enough" to wear on a smaller wrist. That has me excited since one of the reasons I sold my SteelFish and BS was the thickness.

The only design elements I struggle with (mildly) are what I consider the NASCAR style fonts. But, makes sense from an "Air-Racing" perspective.

:good:

Inevitably this one gets repped. Breitlings are good sellers in the rep market. If they have any brains they will wait until the gen is available in the general market and take one apart before gearing up for manufacturing. And yeah, unless there is something funky going on with the bezel it should be able to be as good as the other Breit super reps.

I really like the Abyss Yellow version.

breitling-superocean.jpg

And the price should also be reasonable at $2000-2400. A year or two down the line we should be able to pick up a used one for $1500-1700, maybe less.

But then again, a good quality rep below $200 woul dbe even better. :thumbsupsmileyanim: