When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

What do you think about this 1680 dial?

kbh

Zee elusive Zubmariner, as viewed in a mirror? :g:

Hey I've seen worse. The first canal street version I bought was a SUPERLATIVE CHRONOMETR. :rofl:

ll you're right about the 16800 matte dial. It's a refinished gen by International Dial in Wilmington Ohio.

Fortunately it looks much better when it's not magnified 10x and I got it for next too nothing. The printing does look pretty crappy when magnified though.

I really is kind of a mess. The coronet may be among the worst that I've seen on a rep. The dial looks like it was printed from a computer program without font smoothing...or something.

Sorry!

+1

To be perfectly honest I got the exact responses that I expected. But as Ubi said, "at the end of the day you're building it for yourself".

This is going into a old MBK cased Sub that had keyless works problem that I paid $60 for. So I'm going to have a newly superlumed vintage Sub with a refinished gen dial and an a nicely working clone movement for less than $125 . So what if it glows like Chernobyl?

I'm pretty damn sure I'll get my money's worth of fun out of it.

Indeed- We can discuss the +/- of any dial or part to great lengths and extent, but what really matters is how you feel about the dial/parts/project :)

Yep! Never had a super franken in mind.

It would be interesting to have International Dial give us their opinion on this thread, since they're supposed to be one of the top dial refinishers. :)

To be perfectly honest I got the exact responses that I expected. But as Ubi said, "at the end of the day you're building it for yourself".

This is going into a old MBK cased Sub that had keyless works problem that I paid $60 for. So I'm going to have a newly superlumed vintage Sub with a refinished gen dial and an a nicely working clone movement for less than $125 . So what if it glows like Chernobyl?

I'm pretty damn sure I'll get my money's worth of fun out of it.

That's what it's all about...

FWIW, I'm certainly partial to the 16800 matte dial sub. And I especially love good lume on a rep or franken.

P1000185-1-1.jpg

And kbh, if you have an MBK case with lugholes, all the better! Some of my favorite watches are the ones I have the least amount of money in!

Like my MKII 'Exploder'

MKIIexplorer.jpg

An old Silix 6694 w/ a T-12 crystal,MKII dial and hands and a Swiss eta- I paid $130 for the 6694 4-5 years ago!