When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Omega PloProf has been released!

By-Tor

• Replies 136
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

:drinks: Gunnar you NAILED it.

I'll tell you what, this baby has me drooling. It may very well be the only rep I'll buy this decade. AS LONG AS I can find a thick mesh for it! Are good mesh bracelets available, and what's the lug spacing on this beauty?

Must ... have ... a ... skanky ... PloProf !!! :Jumpy:

Yep! i second that too this watch has got me droolin too but as you say its gotta have a mesh bracelet not to keen on the rubber one! shall we wait for a mesh? :thumbsupsmileyanim:

All right guys, this thread is begging for a link to an appropriately gnarly mesh bracelet for Da Beast.

Anyone?

C'mon Pugs, I know you do big watches ... where does a mere mortal get a nice thick mesh?

+1, Does anyone know how the quailty of the rep mesh bracelets are?,hard to tell from the pics :g:

All right guys, this thread is begging for a link to an appropriately gnarly mesh bracelet for Da Beast.

Anyone?

C'mon Pugs, I know you do big watches ... where does a mere mortal get a nice thick mesh?

Here's one place,

http://forums.watchnet.com/index.php?t=tree&goto=241986&rid=0

I have one on the way (not from above), and havent even order the watch yet.. ;)

Hey guys

Not sure whether im allowed to post this, but it seems "Hont" has the Plo and it looks pretty decent, in fact they look gen?? I dont see any happy feet???.......reckon these are pics of a gen? He has the white, black, blue. PVD and gold.....?

Hont PloProf

Hey guys

Not sure whether im allowed to post this, but it seems "Hont" has the Plo and it looks pretty decent, in fact they look gen?? I dont see any happy feet???.......reckon these are pics of a gen? He has the white, black, blue. PVD and gold.....?

Hont PloProf

interesting. cheaper movement etc. but the logo is correct. lol. here we go.

Hey guys

Hont PloProf

Those are pics of reps and they look really really good to my eye. I just might take a chance with one of these bad boys. I have no 21j's, these movements any good? :g: Im thinking hit or miss on these cheeper movements :unsure:

Those are pics of reps and they look really really good to my eye. I just might take a chance with one of these bad boys. I have no 21j's, these movements any good? :g: Im thinking hit or miss on these cheeper movements :unsure:

Well thats what I thought, they do look really good.......the finish looks well done! Not sure about the 21j's (theres nothing about them in the movement review section either)....but for $128 can you really go wrong? :g:

Just spoken to my dealer of choice and in the next few weeks this will be available in A21, Asian Clone and ETA versions....am now trying to clarify whether that means it is the same watch with different movements, or whether it is a different one with these options available.

You guys are correct... that looks much nicer than the Trusty model that I linked (from a quick look). Looks like a different model from another factory. Experts chime in...

Hour and second hand should be white, instead of shiny steel like in Honts version

and

It says 'SPEEDMASTER' on caseback!

also the orange button seems to be pushed too down, maybe Honts version has working release button.. ;)

Edited by rocky78

Wow.. Who would have known that from waiting for any version to show up, we would get 7 versions in two days :)

Albeit only two are cases are overlapping and fighting for accuracy (SS/black dial).

The rest are either fantasy(SS/blue dial, SS/white dial), frankens (PVD/black) or too rare and wrong (1 of 1) to be believable (RG/white)

PS: Love the no-happy-feet logo. The dials in the hont version seem to be matte. The overall finish looks cheaper (bezel button seems flimsy, lume inconsistent, crown guard not flush/of different finish) and that is to be expected at that price.

I think ther must be several replica factories making these...and they are not sharing all parts...is there fierce competition between replica factories? for parts or is it just poorly coordinated as both are released at the same time?

the PloProf saga continues... :bangin:

Hey guys

Hont PloProf

Look again. The only thing they got right with the 21J version is the logo. The date window is too small and in the wrong place, the hands look a little off, the lume is nowhere close to the original, the bezel doesn't look tall ennough, the strap is too thin and it says SPEEDMASTER on the back! Could be a nice watch for a homage project, but not as a rep. :drinks:

Dont shoot the messenger :whistling: Im no PloProf expert (I just saw no happy feet and got excited).........you are absolutely right, it does say speedmaster on the back :bangin: I dont get it?? Lack of common sense? :g:

Look again. The only thing they got right with the 21J version is the logo. The date window is too small and in the wrong place, the hands look a little off, the lume is nowhere close to the original, the bezel doesn't look tall ennough, the strap is too thin and it says SPEEDMASTER on the back! Could be a nice watch for a homage project, but not as a rep. :drinks:

Well thats what I thought, they do look really good.......the finish looks well done! Not sure about the 21j's (theres nothing about them in the movement review section either)....but for $128 can you really go wrong? :g:

Pretty hard to go wrong for $128.00 :good: Plus the nice strap choices, digging that orange

You guys are correct... that looks much nicer than the Trusty model that I linked (from a quick look). Looks like a different model from another factory. Experts chime in...

Im with you, this version looks pretty good so far :thumbsupsmileyanim: