When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Omega PloProf has been released!

By-Tor

• Replies 136
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Saw some comments on the other forums and the main flaws they have picked up are;

Logo

Bezel numbers are a bit grey (gen more white)

Clasp engraving not as deep

Overall though it looks a pretty good replication. Rumour has it from Trusty there is another 1:1 version on the way and this is the lite version...I personally wouldn't hold my breath as it always seems to be 2 steps forward s steps backwards in the rep game. For 228USD this looks really very good, and I am considering buying one myself. I'm not a big fan of the look, but there is something attractive about the heritage and what this watch stands for :)

I believe the new model andrew remarked about is a swiss version. Don't believe there will be any cosmetic changes. Frankly, this is pretty good out of the box with the exception of the "happy feet". The other comments may relate to the quality of the photo's. I'm always amazed with the exceptional repros were now seeing being released compared to just two/three years ago. Then, we would have been besides ourselves with joy.

........Now, we're less satisfied with anything but perfection.

The 1:1 version is supposed to be released in a month or so (cf. Mrs King).

But I fear it will just be the swiss ETA version and I am not sure it will correct the non working bezel locking system and the other flaws.

And I am pretty sure the jumping hour will not be repped... :((((

The rumor is better version is coming from a different factory but it will be significantly more money. It sounds like we will hopefully have the best of both worlds - decent rep for decent price or better one for more money. But I also heard the more expensive version is one of those "coming out in the next couple of months" so who knows what the timing is.

well for the price its a great looking watch which you have to accept for what it is and enjoy it, or mod it or wait for a better version to come up in the near future! which im sure will come! :thumbsupsmileyanim: