When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Omega PloProf has been released!

By-Tor

• Replies 136
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Honts version Looks different

Button and Logo?

_DSC0909.jpg

More Pic here

ST4

Pretty hard to go wrong for $128.00 :good: Plus the nice strap choices, digging that orange

I'm not saying that I am buying one of these soon (spending any more than $5 for lunch nowadays goes against the grain), but if I were, at this price its a winner. Especially the blue dial one. Its time to get back to good 'ol cheap and cheerful rep fun anyway. When it was time for me to bite on getting a Deep Sea, I went with WBK's $160 model, and I could not be happier with it, sure its got the un-centered 10 on the bezel as well as a few other quirks, but its got the overall look I wanted and runs like a champ, and when the crown came un-attached to the stem one morning, I was not upset at all considering what I paid, I just fixed it and moved on.

Same with this PloProf, get the best you can for the least money and don't sweat the small stuff. Its a rep and it will always have some little thing about it that gripes you. Its just nice to finally see something new get released (something the community has been actually wanting). Get one of these puppies and a steel mesh bracelet, and you are good to go. Have fun!!!

Cheers B)

Have fun!!!

Cheers B)

Agree..we are having great fun discussing all that should be improved etc on this PloProf....the only thing better than complaining is perfection :drinks:

Those are pics of reps and they look really really good to my eye. I just might take a chance with one of these bad boys. I have no 21j's, these movements any good? :g: Im thinking hit or miss on these cheeper movements :unsure:

i have some older watches with 21j ,s five plus years old working great they are simple movements and this makes them reliable but there are some cheaper ones that are not to good!

For me the only thing going for the Hont version is the price. Everything else looks bad.

HE valve: too large and shiny.

Bezel button: In normal operation it should be raised, not depressed.

Hands: should be matte, not shiny

Crown: It could be just how they took the picture but I suspect that crown doesn't close shut. That gap worries me

Caseback: Already mentioned Speedmaster, missing Omega logo under the Seahorse

Overall finish and case format: Seems off and cheap looking

I could continue but what's the point :)

So far the Ploprof has been a big disappointment for me

I'm not saying that I am buying one of these soon (spending any more than $5 for lunch nowadays goes against the grain), but if I were, at this price its a winner. Especially the blue dial one. Its time to get back to good 'ol cheap and cheerful rep fun anyway. When it was time for me to bite on getting a Deep Sea, I went with WBK's $160 model, and I could not be happier with it, sure its got the un-centered 10 on the bezel as well as a few other quirks, but its got the overall look I wanted and runs like a champ, and when the crown came un-attached to the stem one morning, I was not upset at all considering what I paid, I just fixed it and moved on.

Same with this PloProf, get the best you can for the least money and don't sweat the small stuff. Its a rep and it will always have some little thing about it that gripes you. Its just nice to finally see something new get released (something the community has been actually wanting). Get one of these puppies and a steel mesh bracelet, and you are good to go. Have fun!!!

Cheers B)

Well said and spot on :good: It's those little things that annoy us that make this hobby so much fun. If everything was perfect, well It would be a gen, how boring :lol: This thread has come alive because there are so many possibilitys. As far as spending $5.00 for lunch, two words, "value menue" :yuk: although I did have a Whopper Jr the other day, for a buck not bad :pardon:

i have some older watches with 21j ,s five plus years old working great they are simple movements and this makes them reliable but there are some cheaper ones that are not to good!

I have heard that some of the 21j movements can be very good. But with my luck I will probably get one of the cheeper ones that are not so good. Who knows maybe I will get lucky :) Mike

My Trusty PloProf just cleared customs and I'll have it on monday! It'll be a long weekend :drinks:

We want pics of you in the pool with it....wonder if it is water resistant :drinks:

I am a big time Omega fan.

Wearing a dive watch is an indication that one dives.

I own two rep Seamasters.

When I dive I wear my Black Monster.

It would be really nice if the rep PloProf was waterproof, regardless of how close it looked compared to the gen.

But that is just me.