When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Inspiration Provided by freddy333

JoeyB

I've preferred the Rolex GMT since I first saw it, and have had a few reps. I came to all the forums looking for a 'good' one with a Swiss movement but not the price tag. I am a member here, but spend most of my time at another site, just happened that way.

Very nice work there, how did you make the dial/waterslide i am sure people here (me) would be interested if you could print more!!!

A member here is working on a red sub right now using waterslides

It takes some searching on the internet, and finding the dial you want. Because these are old many have been refinished and are not always 'right'. The Rolex Crown is wrong, or the printing. Then once you have it, and you might need several pics, you have to make it round. Most pictures are not 'dead on', so they have a slight 'oval' to them. I used my photo program to do it all, move things around, and printed at 2400dpi which is the max my machine will do. I bought one sheet, 8

I have played with waterslide printing my self but my printer (samsung) is not really up to the job, good work there!

Hi guys, excellent thread, this

@FxrAndy, please be invited to share pics of faulty waterslide dials if you have them - others peoples experimentation is super interesting regardless of the end result!

@JoeyB: Great project!!!!!! Congratulations and thanks for sharing!

MG

Originally, I thought it was just a photo artifact, but now that I see these new pics, I think you may need to reduce the height of the crystal (only the beveled section of the crystal should stand proud of the insert). On my watch, I reduced the crystal height by grinding it on sandpaper to the desired height. Then I cemented the crystal onto the case using UV cement, which makes a 100% watertight/permanent seal (you would need to literally crush & scrape the crystal off the case to remove it :whistling: ).