When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

A little play in the bezel

Guest Sql_pl

Guest Sql_pl

I have a little play in my WM9/BK V3 Sub and I am not sure if it is pretty normal or maybe I should do something about it.

Not much but still pisses me off a little as I guess I am kind of anal and need to correct it a few times a day.

Here is how it looks (please excuse the dust):

23477483.jpg

70512287.jpg

And it is within one click. Too much?

What do you think?

TIA!

Sql_pl i finally found some one who has to same habits like i have.

Be careful if you don't control it it will cost you a lot of money.

My 1680 was changed at least 7 times before i thought it was finished ( still need a true

top hat for it )

Back to your problem. Let's start I'm not an expert but i think that the little metal spring that is in between the bezel ring and the crystal retaining ring

needs to be adjusted .

If you bent this spring so that it stick out more it will give more resistance to the turning of the bezel.

But just wait until the rel experts chime in before you dismount your bezel.

In the mean time try to relax ( not always easy if you ask me )

Carpe Diem

Cats

It looks like your bezel has more play in it than my V3. I took mine apart and adjusted the spring as Cats suggested. I still don't like the bezel action. It's good, not great. I have a gen bezel (which requires a gen crystal ring to install). The ring is incoming. You can solve the problem too ... all it will take is a little more $$$ :)

Marty

Easy option is to remove the insert, adjust the bezel so it has just 'gone over' the klik, then replace the insert :) That will ensure that the insert is lining up with each movement of the bezel. If you mean the bezel is rotating counter clockwise while the watch is worn, but not actually 'going over' the klik to be 'arrow to 59', then as above, see if you can tighten the bezel spring :) Of course, it all depends on how much it bothers you, personally, I would just use it as an excuse to rotate the bezel :whistling:

I had the same issue (it really annoyed me) and removed the bezel and readjusted the click spring. After a couple of weeks the spring broke and the bezel was rotating in both directions. So I purchased a spring from Clarks and installed it. In my opinion, the Clarks' spring is better, there is almost no movement/ play in the bezel now.

I've been trying to gather parts over the last couple of weeks to replace my WM9/BK sub bezel with a gen bezel assembly. I gave up after too many problems in sourcing the parts, delays in getting them and the cost. I did end up replacing the click spring with one from watchbandman50. It made a world of difference. After bending the new spring slightly, there is virtually no play in the bezel and action is very gen like. This is a very easy mod that in my opinion, is well worth doing.

Marty

So it seems that your bezel is to loose?

How about turning is it easily to do?

Bending the spring won't help maybe ask BK for a better Bezel.

The V3 Bezel isn't as good as the V2 from fitting.

If you need the Insert more slligned to the twelve a click marker just pop of the insert and slligned it again.

i wouldnt worry about it

go and play with the gen, theres some sway on the bezel alignment there as well. visit the AD, best way to gauge how accurate your rep feels and functions, might even be surprised by a few things.

i'd personally be more OCD'd over the luminous markers being all asymmetrically filled

• 4 weeks later...

I had the same issue (it really annoyed me) and removed the bezel and readjusted the click spring. After a couple of weeks the spring broke and the bezel was rotating in both directions. So I purchased a spring from Clarks and installed it. In my opinion, the Clarks' spring is better, there is almost no movement/ play in the bezel now.

mj,

Thanks for the tip. After reading this a few weeks ago, I ordered a Clark's spring and bezel washer for my WM9 v1. It really tightened up the bezel! It feels very precise now!

Thanks again,

another mj