When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

You must be kidding

JoJo35

lol, I've got the feeling some serious shilling was going on there. Seriously, who in their right mind would pay 6700 for that thing?

Some idiot, apparently. Internet is full of them. "Red sports Rolex" is like a completely beat up and ugly Porsche 911... they're always expensive. Common sense has nothing to do with it.

Here's a '69 model... roughly the same age as that Sub... and same condition.

35975385.jpg

Here's a '69 model... roughly the same age as that Sub... and same condition.

35975385.jpg

Love the pic By-Tor! One of the things I fondly remember about my first ride in an SCCA prepped 911 was the big tach right in the middle behind the wheel (I think I was about 16yrs old at the time). The only car I ever owned that had a similar dash layout was my TTRX7, and I'm still in the market for a clean 912 if I could ever find one.

Its not that bad guys!

All it needs is a bezel, maybe an insert, crown and a servicing (and maybe clean all that grease off the dial and hands) and its good to go. Even after a good cleaning and some light restoration, you will have a very wearable auth red Sub for about $7500 or so.

Yes its a well worn beater, but a original Red Sub none the less! :thumbsupsmileyanim:

Woooow. I don't know about buying it just for the case, it seems like someone tried to refinish the case but failed to remove the big scratches. The lugs are also severely worn on the bottom side by the end links. And I see some dings on the inner part of the lugs too. Maybe he just bought it for the insert? I think the seller probably knew that it's worthless and sold the "missing" bracelet separately :blink: . The guy who bought this thing is an idiot with too much money.