When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

93150 Bracelet - Who has the best

panerai153

I could have sworn I saw a post about this a few days ago, but I tried to find it, and it's eluding me. I'm putting together a MBW DRSD 1665 that came to me without a bracelet. Once I get all the mods done, it's going to need a bracelet. I would Love to find a 9315 but I don't think they exist in a rep? Years ago I had a really nice MBW 1665 that resided on a genuine Rolex Rivet bracelet. unfortunately, it and the bracelet are both long gone.Some of you older members from TRC might remember this was a watch I sent to a guy in North Carolina Joe butts (redbigjoe) who totally screwed it up, sent it to The Zigmeister who got it all back together and did a wonderful job.

A

I remember seeing that watch years ago, but couldnt remember whos it was. I just put a 7206 on my DRSD and i love it!!!

As for the 93150... I guess the MBW bracelet isnt too bad as long as you get the newer one and not that old solid link one thats stamped 16520 or something screwy on it. The new PT vintage bracelet is pretty flimsy and the clasps vary from one watch to another. Ive got 3 of them and all 3 have different stamped clasps so they must be sourcing them from all over. What I would do is take the MBW links and put them on a modified Noobmariner clasp.. .smooth out the fliplock so its flat all the way across etc etc

dizz

No easy answer here A!

You could try Narikaa and see if he could source you one from MBW- make sure it's correct like Dizz says.

With ETZ gone, there's not much else around. You could steal one from your PT 1680 and then try to get some 585 end pieces.

VRM is another option, but you're looking at $450+ for a not so decent gen. Clasps can be bought for $150-200, again used so condition varies.

My old cartel 1665 DRSD came with a 93150 bracelet and the fantasy clasp. I swapped out a 78360 fliplock clasp, put on some 593 ends and ended up with a decent bracelet.

Good luck and let us know if you come up with an easy answer!

I remember "redbigjoe" and the whole mess you had with him...wonder what ever happened to him. Didn't he also take some shots at The Zigmeister?? I might have the bracelet you seek...I'll check my parts box tonight...if I got it I'll pm you tomorrow.

I still have a ton of photos of that watch!! i was looking at old SD photos a day or two ago and ran across them.

RBJ is probably long gone. Like most folks who start off with a bang and fizzle. I believe he messed up quite a few watches for folks on the old TRC and probably the original RWG as well. It seems like after he had his battle with The Zigmeister, even the few folks who were taking up for him bailed out! I believe he was one of the first members of Repgeek or RWI, Can't remember. I did a member search on both those forums and he isn't on either, so either he's gone or he's changed his name.At least on here, he is gone and forgotten!!!

If you have a 93150 to sell, I will certainly take it off your hands.

Thanks

the @cost on an MBK bracelet is $55, confirmed with my buyer months back. so expect to pay something north of that, which isnt worth it even at $55, factor in the dealers take and shipping charges you wont want to pay the asking price or the selling price wont be worth it for the dealer. i dont sell them because of this. for the price the end links are incorrect and the bracelet bar link is also incorrect, the coronet stamping is better than most, but not that great, better than noob, worse than wm9. just get some gen end links and smooth the coronet on the noob. cheapest solution since that bracelet can be had for $35

Ive been using modified Noobmariner clasps lately... file down the cornet, smooth out the fliplock and then all the usual vintagizing. Ive even bought a couple ETA noobmariners and robbed them of their bracelets and movements for other projects.

Where would you suggest ordering a Noob bracelet from?? Any prefered dealer for ordering just the bracelet?

Dizz

That is some good info, guys.I only wish I'd read it sooner and looked/asked around a bit on the bracelet topic.

I've moved forward with gen modding my pair of BK WM9 v2's.

While the bracelets seems pretty good to me, I wanted better and wasn't aware there WAS any available rep bracelet that was.

So I may have goofed in going for the gen 93150/501B bracelet.

Where am I to find a better rep bracelet??

The v2's have the 93250 and numbered only on the clasp and on the ends of the bracelet end links.

Didn't know anyone even made a rep 93150 with 501B end links.

That is some good info, guys.I only wish I'd read it sooner and looked/asked around a bit on the bracelet topic.

I've moved forward with gen modding my pair of BK WM9 v2's.

While the bracelets seems pretty good to me, I wanted better and wasn't aware there WAS any available rep bracelet that was.

So I may have goofed in going for the gen 93150/501B bracelet.

Where am I to find a better rep bracelet??

The v2's have the 93250 and numbered only on the clasp and on the ends of the bracelet end links.

Didn't know anyone even made a rep 93150 with 501B end links.

The 93250 is correct for the WM9/BK v2-v3's. they take a solid end link (SEL) bracelet which is the 93250. The older vintage Rolexes take the 93150 with the hollow end link (Springbar holds the end link on the bracelet)

Several rep manufacturers make 93150's as evidence from the posts above. Most it seems are pretty poor. I've had a couple and one problem is they never seem to come with the proper numbered end links (580 for 1680, 585 for 1665). Another problem is most have small openings in the bracelet end link and genuine springbar's are too big.

So far i have NOT found a half decent rep 93150 bracelet. I have to build my own from different parts. If someone knows where to get one, I would love to know.

Recently I am into the riveted bracelets and folded bracelets... get a folded from Mary and toss on a modified noobmariner clasp... numbers arnt correct but it could happen in the real world. Watchmakers mix and match parts all the time.

dizz

that is pretty sweet, but i could never bring myself to pay almost $800 for a piece of $20 metal, hell i have a hard time paying $35 for a high quality kitchen knife

I agree. If Rolex didn't control their spares with such draconian methods, they would probably be available for less than 100.00 USD. i read somewhere a few days ago that end links at an AD (Of course you have to bring your genuine Rolex in and they keep the old ones) are something like 20.00 USD. Which is probably overpriced for a little piece of SS stamping.

I disagree on the knives. I fought with crappy kitchen knives for 30 years, because I didn't do much cooking. In the past 10 years I have gotten intersted in cooking, and cook a lot. I found out pretty quickly that a good quality SHARP" knife/knives was essential to fast, safe preperation. My favorite and a brand that I add a knife or two ever year , Shun Classic, Damascus S/S blade that takes and holds and unbelivably sharp edge.

I agree. If Rolex didn't control their spares with such draconian methods, they would probably be available for less than 100.00 USD. i read somewhere a few days ago that end links at an AD (Of course you have to bring your genuine Rolex in and they keep the old ones) are something like 20.00 USD. Which is probably overpriced for a little piece of SS stamping.

I disagree on the knives. I fought with crappy kitchen knives for 30 years, because I didn't do much cooking. In the past 10 years I have gotten intersted in cooking, and cook a lot. I found out pretty quickly that a good quality SHARP" knife/knives was essential to fast, safe preperation. My favorite and a brand that I add a knife or two ever year , Shun Classic, Damascus S/S blade that takes and holds and unbelivably sharp edge.

oh im all for quality kitchen knives too! i hate knives that cant cut meat properly, plus its also dangerous to have dull knives. I find the Victorinox kitchen knives to be among the best for quality to price, they have good reviews and seem to offer the best value.

• 2 years later...

I know I'm a grave digger but I'm currently on the hunt for some really good 93150 rep bracelets and 580 endlinks. I don't care that much for the clasp since I have some good ones to put on but I need some really good bracelets and 580 endlinks.

Would be very nice when they'll take gen spec spring bars but isn't necessary...

I already tried Ken but the quality isn't what I'd like to have. The yuki bracelet is full solid as far as I know, something I don't like. Won't buy from WSO for the known reasons and again as far as I know Naarika won't sell only parts.

So where to source a decent 93150 with 580 endlinks?? Is it really that hard to find some?? :huh:

Personally I like the Cartel 93150, at least the one I got from them is quite good, of course you should slap a gen clasp on it.

For the 580s, WSO is the only one who has the good ones. I ordered a lot of things from him and each time I got what I wanted BUT you should know that some stuff he sells is just junk, for example the crystals I got where so out of spec.

So for these little things I would give him a try.

:) many thanks...

These are at least two options...but where do I get the cartel/Puretime 93150?

Any time I asked Andrew if he's able to source a bracelet only he told me they're out of stock and I should stick to the folded ones he has in stock :(.

From what I have read Naarika too (haven't asked him yet) won't sell bracelets only... :(

Is Angus the "man of the hour"?? ;)

I already pulled the trigger with Angus but maybe won't be able to do my payment.

They only take master card payments via ecmcpal.com which is at least a not very trustyful payment service. To be honest...it seems that ecmcpal is a total fraud...lots that lost their money when paying via ecmcpal.

So if there isn't another way to do my payment I have to cancel the order :(

Does Trevor use paypal? :)

I had trouble with PT's payment gateway... twice before i bank transferred the funds across. Bracelet arrived 10 days later. cost of bracelet + gen clasp could lead up to about 250USD but I prefer the rep because I will normally removed one permanent link pn the shorter end to get a perfect fit (clasp) exactly in the middle of my wrist when i wear a watch...

Cant see myself destroying a gen bracelet the same way...