When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

prestige watch co

mellons

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

For what it's worth, I have dealt with Robert on many occassions, I have never had an issue.

Place your order, he will email pricing promptly, pay by Alertpay and delivery is within 7-10 days, what could be simpler.

The most recent watch I bought was a Rolex Milguass.

It is sensational, quality superb, AR and finish excellent.

His prices are always competative, quality is excellant and service is second to non.

I have bought a number of watches from him without a single issue.

Keep an open mind, review the feedback from collectors who have bought from him.

He has some nice cheaper Rep's available from time to time, buy one give him a go and decide for yourself.

At the end of the day you have nothing to lose. :rofl:

He loves to argue with his half baked English.

We recently had an extended thread at RWG1 about NoobMariners and the so called NoobFactory.

He even torched BK as a know nothing about the subject, despite the fact that he help to coin the term.

One of the most condescending blokes around, impossible to discuss anything with him- as he knows everything!

He's British, from Wales actually, so his English isn't half baked...for the record it was TTK who sourced them, followed by Narikaa (nymph's) and it was Pug who coined the phrase 'noobmariner'...not BK...

@MP...life's too short mate...let it go...I used to be the same about Josh/Andrew but have managed to move on.

@By-Tor...I think there were crossed lines in the RG thread. A wonky cyclops is a QC issue true but one that can be rectified by the dealer's service policy. You wrinkled PWC's feathers by telling everyone in your review thread to buy Reg's product. This in turn prompted him in correcting you that the crystal and lume had been upgraded and it wasn't the same old F520117 noobmariner. He called you a Turkey and the slanging match ensued, that's how I read it anyway.

At the OP, if you know the exact watch you want, follow his payment instructions which are quite simple and don't bombard him with questions you'll get a great watch at a cheap price delivered fast...that's my experience when I've bought from him anyway.

I have no agenda, am a member on all the boards and have used most of the dealers in repland past and present. I just found this thread very one sided and decided to speak up, no offence to anyone intended...peace...;)

@sconehead, I have nothing to "let go" thanks ;)

I know PWC is an utter [censored], a liar and that he has scammed people many times on ioffer (a fact he admitted too, the thread is still on RG). I will tell people who ask, as that is my opinion and it's not going to change. If you don't like it, frankly, I don't care :)

These boards were set up to warn its members and others how to steer clear of sellers like PWC, a fact that is lost on many it seems......

At the OP, if you know the exact watch you want, follow his payment instructions which are quite simple and don't bombard him with questions you'll get a great watch at a cheap price delivered fast...that's my experience when I've bought from him anyway.

Follow his payment instructions. What a joke. He's so disorganized he can't tell who paid what and when. And if God forbid your payment falls thru the cracks of his understaffed, manual, error prone operation, you are at fault and should die a painful death. He's just an angry and rude man that is enabled by people that feel his attitude is justified.

His price is cheap because he usually deal with lower quality stuff and rarely accepts responsibility for the losses. It's usually the customer that takes the hit so he doesn't need a lot of overhead.

To the OP, if you want to gamble $100s so save $1s and be exposed to a lot of grief, go ahead.

All the boards, where are you now then, is he on here too? :p

Just don't mention the deleted threads, or the members I have seen who haven't received watches and are out of pocket ;)

He's a [censored] who pulls crap out of his ass and peddles it as truth and "customer service", an expert in lies an [censored]....

So many better people and dealers to spend your money with, why settle for an [censored] scam merchant? :lol:

All the boards, where are you now then, is he on here too? :p

Just don't mention the deleted threads, or the members I have seen who haven't received watches and are out of pocket ;)

He's a [censored] who pulls crap out of his ass and peddles it as truth and "customer service", an expert in lies an [censored]....

So many better people and dealers to spend your money with, why settle for an [censored] scam merchant? :lol:

I'm going to go ahead and voice my opinion here for better or worse. Prestige showed himself to be a douchebag and those who defend him showed themselves to be douchebags. There's no excuse for his behavior and since the relationship between dealers and customers is already pretty touche and go, his decision to broadside By-Tor showed extremely poor judgment. Unlike Prestige, By-Tor has actually contributed significantly to this forum and to rep collecting in general. He has conducted himself diplomatically and tactfully and his reviews are informative and objective. I'm sure Prestige's rude comments were like water off of By-Tor's back but personally, I won't deal with Prestige.

I don't need a dealer who likes to fight, argue, or make a point. I need a dealer who sells watches at a fair price and who's available if something goes wrong. I buy almost all of my watches from Josh for those reasons.

In short, save your tantrums for romper room.

Unlike Prestige, By-Tor has actually contributed significantly to this forum and to rep collecting in general.

Excellent point.

Another way of putting it; By-Tor is committed to our hobby, Prestige is committed only to his profits.

Ken

Agreed...and the other dealers?

Scone thats a pretty sloppy attempt to paint all dealers as the same.

The fact that there is 3 pages of complaints about PW (and growing) tends to shows he is a special case.

Ken

All I can give you is my opinion on he who shall remain nameless by me as promised. Faultless on all my transactions to date. Also there are countless happy customers all over the rep forums.

To state that these other boards aren't looking after their memberships by letting him deal there, is, quite frankly, an insult to the staff who run the other boards.

Maybe he's upset a lot of people here, who knows? I can only voice my opinion and like I said earlier, this thread was very one-sided. Perhaps because of MP's tiff and him having a slanging match with By-Tor over at RG.

Maybe he's mellowed and changed his selling practices these past years, when exactly did the disgruntled posters here last use him if ever?

Anyway, there are two sides to every story, I've given mine and plenty have given theirs. I'm sure the OP will make his own descision on whether to use him or not.

Bobby...

To state that these other boards aren't looking after their memberships by letting him deal there, is, quite frankly, an insult to the staff who run the other boards.

you are sure a very trusting guy. Good luck with your assumptions.

The facts are PWC has the longest list of complaints of all dealers and the worst public attitude of all. A board that protects its membership would try to fix that and give the dealer warnings/deadlines/punishment so he would get his act together. Since the already vast number of members that will go out of their way to express their displeasure with Robert continues to grow just proves the point. Any other dealer would have been prevented from selling but somehow he manages to stay in business.

Good for you all your deals so far have been without a problem. I hope your luck streak continues. Unfortunately for way too many that's not the norm.