When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

my Breitling Steelfish "Ultimate" franken...

hackR

I've been "somewhat" obsessed with Steelfish, of late - after a round of Avenger dial swap and franken creations... :whistling:

This piece started life as one of the early "ultimates" sold by Puretime and others, as referenced by our beloved Breitling comrade, By-Tor... :drinks: The 1st release of these pieces came with nickel-plated gen eta 2836-2 movements, exceptional AR, Breitling-esque datefont and a nicely engraved and shaped case...The lume, tho, on this version of fish was weak - so i replaced the hands with other rep hands that were brighter; but the hands will need a re-lume, eventually, to match the lume of the gen black dial...

What a difference a gen dial makes - it really captures the light and shines... 8)

Special thanks to Wei and Mike - for putting up with my steelfish learnings and obsessiveness...and to By-Tor, Dovo and countless others that shared fish tales so i could sort thru the myriad of steelfish variations out there...

Some quick pix...

Enjoy - R

91249208.jpg

13978740.jpg

28417133.jpg

17682822.jpg

Special thanks to Wei and Mike - for putting up with my steelfish learnings and obsessiveness...

No problem! I took my toe off the trigger! :whistling: At least there was no confusion this time that went with the Skyland adventure! :thumbsupsmileyanim:

my tube and crown is on its last leg, I wish mike could have found a way to source the gen parts! But it seems next to impossible!

Sorry man! I could get creative, but if my creative idea does not work, well then you are going to have a crown that is permanently stuck on.

• 2 months later...